These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[June] Nullsec Asteroid Cluster and Excavator Drone changes

First post First post
Author
Thead Enco
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#321 - 2017-06-02 13:09:36 UTC
Roci Nantes wrote:
My limited mining window means it's time to go back to pewpewing rats for the iskies. Just need to mine as hard as I can till this happens. It's sad cause I liked my rorq. I can let that toon go alpha though since that's all it flys.


Confirming July changes to all faction Null Sec Combat sites with Military ADM LVL 5:


Sanctums will have a 3 hour respawn rate

Havens will have a 1 Hour respawn rate

Forlorn Hubs will have a 30 min respawn rate
elise densi
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#322 - 2017-06-02 13:11:05 UTC
and yet highsec incursions still untouched and riskfree
Blaad Booyashaka
Hotline K162
The Clown Car
#323 - 2017-06-02 13:15:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Blaad Booyashaka
So there were two main issues with Rorquals anybody who can see beyond their "OMG MY ISK BACK-BONE" admits.

1. You could stack nearly infinite number of them in one system removing any limit of how much profit you can suck from one system/region/whole Eden. It's not the case of super ratting, sleeper sites farming, DED running or incursions, so comparing those 1:1 makes no sense.

2. They gave very good ISK/h and scaled linearly with number of accounts as you can semi-afk them. Again it's not the case of super ratting, sleeper sites farming, DED running or incursions, so comparing those 1:1 makes no sense.

CCP tries to address both problems and everybody with a clue knew it is coming sooner or later. Yeah, sucks to be you. But how about HTFU, adapt, extract the SP if you wish and move on instead of throwing tantrums on forums?

PS: I don't rat in super (and at all) but I do have 3 miner chars that are training towards Rorqual. Sucks to be me too.
JonasML
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#324 - 2017-06-02 13:20:40 UTC
Please provide the name of Fozzie's bos IRL, so I know who to mail to get him and his whole s**t team fired. Provide the boss' boss also, since it seems his team has little to no supervision.

Yet ANOTHER Rorqual nerf.... why did you change it to start with, you idiots? Why not just make the hulk a capital ship now and get it over with?

More importantly, and one of the most disturbing things.... why is this post not shown on the launcher? You post dev blogs there, skin sale crap, etc etc, why is this "for the good of all..." change hidden. I'm not a forum troll, I don't spend my days seeing what new stupidity you guys come up with. Not putting posts like this front and center, especially when you decide to nerf or change things (claiming it's for our own good no less) makes my paranoia crank up to 10. How about releasing to everyone the number that suggest to you that this is a good move? Our number crunchers are better than yours.

What exactly is it you are trying to change, improve, or stop? Explain it in small words, use at least 2000 of them. This will not affect large alliances significantly (or at all), we can upgrade every system lol. Forcing small alliances to fight over limited resources, that's your idea of "market stimulation"? Why don't you roll back the capital jump range and delay timer crap (also known as Fozzie's Space Aids) and let capital fleets duke it out? That would be REAL market stimulation.

If I had injected into my rorq, I'd be demanding my money back right now.
Helena Mink
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#325 - 2017-06-02 13:24:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Helena Mink
Good Job......again!!! Roll

Still waiting for an update that for once is going to
be in advantage of the player.

When i make mistakes on my job and customers would keep
complaining about changes i make over and over again they
would have fired me years agoAttentionAttention


Only thing left to nerf is subscription, i can't wait for the next patchIdea
Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#326 - 2017-06-02 13:26:01 UTC
elise densi wrote:
and yet highsec incursions still untouched and riskfree

Try multiboxing 30 incursion toons at once (now there's no ISbotter)

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

JonasML
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#327 - 2017-06-02 13:27:16 UTC  |  Edited by: JonasML
Blaad Booyashaka wrote:
So there were two main issues with Rorquals anybody who can see beyond their "OMG MY ISK BACK-BONE" admits.

1. You could stack nearly infinite number of them in one system removing any limit of how much profit you can suck from one system/region/whole Eden. It's not the case of super ratting, sleeper sites farming, DED running or incursions, so comparing those 1:1 makes no sense.

2. They gave very good ISK/h and scaled linearly with number of accounts as you can semi-afk them. Again it's not the case of super ratting, sleeper sites farming, DED running or incursions, so comparing those 1:1 makes no sense.

CCP tries to address both problems and everybody with a clue knew it is coming sooner or later. Yeah, sucks to be you. But how about HTFU, adapt, extract the SP if you wish and move on instead of throwing tantrums on forums?

PS: I don't rat in super (and at all) but I do have 3 miner chars that are training towards Rorqual. Sucks to be me too.


No worries, back to the hulk fleets. Some people never even switched. just means more upgrades is all. Load the hulks into a rorq (or have enough in every system to not need to use gates) and you're set.

Both of those items you mentioned were problems that should have been foreseen by any reasonably competent design team. Either they didn't, in which case fire the lot of them, of they thought it wouldn't be a problem, see the previous solution. CCP knows damn well at this point that if they introduce something it will be maxed out by the players. Did they forget the lesson of jet can mining? I bet they didn't foresee the use of jump drives to move drones either, and likely there will be other novel ways people make use of the mechanics. But when it comes to repeated nerfs in under a year, CCP claiming ignorance is not an acceptable excuse. LET THE FREE MARKET BE FREE AND KEEP YOUR GODDAMNED FINGERS OFF! What part of that is so hard for them to understand?
Logan Jakal
Echelon Research
Goonswarm Federation
#328 - 2017-06-02 13:30:40 UTC
-Guys ! Guys ! We lack players ! What do ?!
-Alpha clones ?
-Cool !
-What about the damn Trillions miners are extracting ?
-Let's nerf excavators for the third time !
-Yeah but what about the multiboxing Rorquals that are going to cut their subscription ?
-Oups...

Next time you guys at CCP will come crying because you are losing players, instead of supporting you, I will just point at you and laugh, because it's all you deserve with that kind of deepshit.
Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#329 - 2017-06-02 13:33:21 UTC
Logan Jakal wrote:
-Guys ! Guys ! We lack players ! What do ?!
-Alpha clones ?
-Cool !
-What about the damn Trillions miners are extracting ?
-Let's nerf excavators for the third time !
-Yeah but what about the multiboxing Rorquals that are going to cut their subscription ?
-Oups...

Next time you guys at CCP will come crying because you are losing players, instead of supporting you, I will just point at you and laugh, because it's all you deserve with that kind of deepshit.

It's funny that miners are arguing both that "the multiboxers are a minority, dont nerf it for the rest of us, this doesn't affect the multiboxers anyways" to "CCP is relying on multiboxing miners to keep afloat, don't nerf their gamestyle"

I mean which is it?!?!?

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

Logan Jakal
Echelon Research
Goonswarm Federation
#330 - 2017-06-02 13:38:05 UTC
Eli Apol wrote:
Logan Jakal wrote:
-Guys ! Guys ! We lack players ! What do ?!
-Alpha clones ?
-Cool !
-What about the damn Trillions miners are extracting ?
-Let's nerf excavators for the third time !
-Yeah but what about the multiboxing Rorquals that are going to cut their subscription ?
-Oups...

Next time you guys at CCP will come crying because you are losing players, instead of supporting you, I will just point at you and laugh, because it's all you deserve with that kind of deepshit.

It's funny that miners are arguing both that "the multiboxers are a minority, dont nerf it for the rest of us, this doesn't affect the multiboxers anyways" to "CCP is relying on multiboxing miners to keep afloat, don't nerf their gamestyle"

I mean which is it?!?!?



I'm not really a miner, I just used to get Rorquals on my two chars since it's a relax way to do ISKs when I don't want to rat, for exemple after work, but since CCP just finished training Asshat V, I'm just gonna extract them and go back to ratting. It's just fun to me to see CCP whining about the lack of players 6 month ago and now totally ruin a game mechanics because they just realized that their stupid changes were unbalanced since the start.

Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#331 - 2017-06-02 13:39:32 UTC
Logan Jakal wrote:
Eli Apol wrote:
Logan Jakal wrote:
-Guys ! Guys ! We lack players ! What do ?!
-Alpha clones ?
-Cool !
-What about the damn Trillions miners are extracting ?
-Let's nerf excavators for the third time !
-Yeah but what about the multiboxing Rorquals that are going to cut their subscription ?
-Oups...

Next time you guys at CCP will come crying because you are losing players, instead of supporting you, I will just point at you and laugh, because it's all you deserve with that kind of deepshit.

It's funny that miners are arguing both that "the multiboxers are a minority, dont nerf it for the rest of us, this doesn't affect the multiboxers anyways" to "CCP is relying on multiboxing miners to keep afloat, don't nerf their gamestyle"

I mean which is it?!?!?



I'm not really a miner, I just used to get Rorquals on my two chars since it's a relax way to do ISKs when I don't want to rat, for exemple after work, but since CCP just finished training Asshat V, I'm just gonna extract them and go back to ratting. It's just fun to me to see CCP whining about the lack of players 6 month ago and now totally ruin a game mechanics because they just realized that their stupid changes were unbalanced since the start.


So your point was that you were going to cut your sub to hurt CCP....when in fact you're going back to carrier ratting. Way to stick it to 'em.

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#332 - 2017-06-02 13:39:42 UTC
Eli Apol wrote:
Logan Jakal wrote:
-Guys ! Guys ! We lack players ! What do ?!
-Alpha clones ?
-Cool !
-What about the damn Trillions miners are extracting ?
-Let's nerf excavators for the third time !
-Yeah but what about the multiboxing Rorquals that are going to cut their subscription ?
-Oups...

Next time you guys at CCP will come crying because you are losing players, instead of supporting you, I will just point at you and laugh, because it's all you deserve with that kind of deepshit.

It's funny that miners are arguing both that "the multiboxers are a minority, dont nerf it for the rest of us, this doesn't affect the multiboxers anyways" to "CCP is relying on multiboxing miners to keep afloat, don't nerf their gamestyle"

I mean which is it?!?!?



If they actually wanted to fix the multiboxing, they would make Excavator drones into Excavator Fighters.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Logan Jakal
Echelon Research
Goonswarm Federation
#333 - 2017-06-02 13:41:40 UTC
Eli Apol wrote:
Logan Jakal wrote:
Eli Apol wrote:
Logan Jakal wrote:
-Guys ! Guys ! We lack players ! What do ?!
-Alpha clones ?
-Cool !
-What about the damn Trillions miners are extracting ?
-Let's nerf excavators for the third time !
-Yeah but what about the multiboxing Rorquals that are going to cut their subscription ?
-Oups...

Next time you guys at CCP will come crying because you are losing players, instead of supporting you, I will just point at you and laugh, because it's all you deserve with that kind of deepshit.

It's funny that miners are arguing both that "the multiboxers are a minority, dont nerf it for the rest of us, this doesn't affect the multiboxers anyways" to "CCP is relying on multiboxing miners to keep afloat, don't nerf their gamestyle"

I mean which is it?!?!?



I'm not really a miner, I just used to get Rorquals on my two chars since it's a relax way to do ISKs when I don't want to rat, for exemple after work, but since CCP just finished training Asshat V, I'm just gonna extract them and go back to ratting. It's just fun to me to see CCP whining about the lack of players 6 month ago and now totally ruin a game mechanics because they just realized that their stupid changes were unbalanced since the start.


So your point was that you were going to cut your sub to hurt CCP....when in fact you're going back to carrier ratting. Way to stick it to 'em.


Oh okay, you actually just didn't understand what I was talking about, well, read again and come back once your brain is fixed.
JonasML
Wildly Inappropriate
Goonswarm Federation
#334 - 2017-06-02 13:41:55 UTC
Eli Apol wrote:
Logan Jakal wrote:
-Guys ! Guys ! We lack players ! What do ?!
-Alpha clones ?
-Cool !
-What about the damn Trillions miners are extracting ?
-Let's nerf excavators for the third time !
-Yeah but what about the multiboxing Rorquals that are going to cut their subscription ?
-Oups...

Next time you guys at CCP will come crying because you are losing players, instead of supporting you, I will just point at you and laugh, because it's all you deserve with that kind of deepshit.

It's funny that miners are arguing both that "the multiboxers are a minority, dont nerf it for the rest of us, this doesn't affect the multiboxers anyways" to "CCP is relying on multiboxing miners to keep afloat, don't nerf their gamestyle"

I mean which is it?!?!?



They claim it's a hit to the multiboxers.... but it's not. The multiboxers will go system to system anyway. What they're actually trying to do is force small alliances to fight over space, because they'll have to expand the number of systems they have upgraded.

I wonder if you've been looking at the numbers from when Gaara lost his rorqs to a dread bomb, and hoping it can be repeated? I find it highly unusual that this comes so soon after Gaara found a system to mine in that is out of range from that PL fleet.

Everyone mail Fozzie's boss, insist that he be replaced. I'm not usually a vindictive ass, but sorry Fozzie, enough is enough.
Naomi Shaishi
Doomheim
#335 - 2017-06-02 13:41:59 UTC
Lol, judging by all the salt over here as well as claims of unsubbing - CCP might actually reach part of their goal - increase the mineral prices a bit which for most are like all time low...

The big miners won't add more rorquals because of the new timers - good!

You decrease the yield and make it harder to strip mine with huge rorqual fleets - individual ore prices might actually go up.
Roci Nantes
Brand Newbros
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#336 - 2017-06-02 13:42:05 UTC
Blaad Booyashaka wrote:
So there were two main issues with Rorquals anybody who can see beyond their "OMG MY ISK BACK-BONE" admits.

1. You could stack nearly infinite number of them in one system removing any limit of how much profit you can suck from one system/region/whole Eden. It's not the case of super ratting, sleeper sites farming, DED running or incursions, so comparing those 1:1 makes no sense.

2. They gave very good ISK/h and scaled linearly with number of accounts as you can semi-afk them. Again it's not the case of super ratting, sleeper sites farming, DED running or incursions, so comparing those 1:1 makes no sense.

CCP tries to address both problems and everybody with a clue knew it is coming sooner or later. Yeah, sucks to be you. But how about HTFU, adapt, extract the SP if you wish and move on instead of throwing tantrums on forums?

PS: I don't rat in super (and at all) but I do have 3 miner chars that are training towards Rorqual. Sucks to be me too.


Because no one cares about you or most people in this game. It is human nature to only value that which directly impacts you.

I like mining, I assume I am one of the few. I did it in highsec to pay for my incursion ships and high end mission runners. I didn't do it in null, as it wasn't as profitable, till I could rorq.. and as soon as it no longer makes me more isk than another method I'll be stopping.

This is "My Eve"... I have to do as much as possible in the short play windows I get. So when they make changes that impact that time frame, yeah it makes me sad.
Logan Jakal
Echelon Research
Goonswarm Federation
#337 - 2017-06-02 13:43:01 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
Eli Apol wrote:
Logan Jakal wrote:
-Guys ! Guys ! We lack players ! What do ?!
-Alpha clones ?
-Cool !
-What about the damn Trillions miners are extracting ?
-Let's nerf excavators for the third time !
-Yeah but what about the multiboxing Rorquals that are going to cut their subscription ?
-Oups...

Next time you guys at CCP will come crying because you are losing players, instead of supporting you, I will just point at you and laugh, because it's all you deserve with that kind of deepshit.

It's funny that miners are arguing both that "the multiboxers are a minority, dont nerf it for the rest of us, this doesn't affect the multiboxers anyways" to "CCP is relying on multiboxing miners to keep afloat, don't nerf their gamestyle"

I mean which is it?!?!?



If they actually wanted to fix the multiboxing, they would make Excavator drones into Excavator Fighters.


True that. But still, what is going to happen with people multiboxing between 6 and 20 Rorquals ? They are just going to extract and cut the subscription, that's what I would do.
Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#338 - 2017-06-02 13:43:50 UTC
FT Diomedes wrote:
If they actually wanted to fix the multiboxing, they would make Excavator drones into Excavator Fighters.

I'm not sure how much that would change unless they made all of the rocks absolutely tiny so you have to change target every <10s like you do when carrier ratting...but yeah it's obviously a nerf to mining overall and an attempt to stop people farming the same singular systems en masse rather than directed at multiboxers or soloers specifically.

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

Alice Soulscourer
Grey Toxic Sword
Invidia Gloriae Comes
#339 - 2017-06-02 13:47:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Alice Soulscourer
Maybe its time to change mining drons to be ... like a sentry with optimal +/- 10 km
Twisted


that speed change is !@#$% just dont do it,
reduce mining (if you have to) but not speeed ><'

end if rorqual will minie like a hulk .... maybe its time to do somethink with core ?
Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#340 - 2017-06-02 13:49:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Eli Apol
Logan Jakal wrote:
FT Diomedes wrote:
If they actually wanted to fix the multiboxing, they would make Excavator drones into Excavator Fighters.


True that. But still, what is going to happen with people multiboxing between 6 and 20 Rorquals ? They are just going to extract and cut the subscription, that's what I would do.

Assuming they actually sub...rather than PLEX...and if they PLEX (because they're earning 200m/hr almost afk) then someone else will use those PLEX anyways....so all I'm hearing is cheap injectors and cheaper PLEX coming?

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager