These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Forgotten features?

Author
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#41 - 2017-05-31 22:42:31 UTC
Skorpynekomimi wrote:
So, if Dust is dead, what am I meant to do with the orbital bombardment ammo blueprints?

Well you can give them to me, i like collecting things like that :P
Ebony Texas
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2017-05-31 23:28:35 UTC
Repulsior Module

** can be fitted on freighters and citadels***

some type of module that pushes targets away

keepstar/citadel tractor beam.that pulls ships into its umm..... tether??

where is the memo about the Observatory ARRAY... oh yeah fozzie you think I haven't forgotten how much you DODGE AFK CLOAKING issue which is now the longest standing broken mechanics in this game.. yeah.. sure ignore it like you want to..

system security status removal?

removal of local in null sec???

adding more employee's to ccp games in order to actually complete what they hype up to do faster..

ROAMING NPC TITANS in Null sec.... what about dat??
Cien Banchiere
Extrinsic Arcadia Distribution
#43 - 2017-06-01 03:55:25 UTC
If they're AFK they can't kill you.
Keras Authion
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#44 - 2017-06-01 07:32:23 UTC
Did the new damage effects ever get done? They were mentioned in the fanfest 2012 or thereabouts.

Linky. Pictures from the FF stream.

This post was rated "C" for capsuleer.

Mark O'Helm
Fam. Zimin von Reizgenschwendt
#45 - 2017-06-01 08:24:25 UTC
Keras Authion wrote:
Did the new damage effects ever get done? They were mentioned in the fanfest 2012 or thereabouts.

Linky. Pictures from the FF stream.

Aren't they already implemented? I thought so.

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

Mark O'Helm
#46 - 2017-06-01 08:31:41 UTC
Cypherous wrote:

And i assume you're referring to the 3 minute bump timer then i have no idea, it won't fix anything as you can just have an alpha alt come in a warp scramble the ship being bumped to force them to reset the timer anyway so i've no idea what the plan is with that feature, its unlikely to save ships from dying in this day and age

It would help, when you are stuck in structures or between asteroids too.
But yes, it would prevent ransom bumping in highsec without a loss of a scramfrigate every 3 minutes. Bumpers would have to put more effort in to holding the target in place. And since i am more on the target side of this conflict, i would love to see it.

"Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen. Aber Frauen wollen keine Frauenversteher. Weil Frauenversteher wissen, was Frauen wollen." (Ein Single)

"Wirklich coolen Leuten ist es egal, ob sie cool sind." (Einer, dem es egal ist)

Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#47 - 2017-06-01 11:12:50 UTC
Is it a new WiS thread i'm looking for?

Anyway, #OPENTHEDOOR

A new Dust would be fine too.
Mark O'Helm
#48 - 2017-06-01 13:36:31 UTC
Arkoth 24 wrote:

Anyway, #OPENTHEDOOR

No. I don't care for WIS. I fly ships.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#49 - 2017-06-01 15:04:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Mark O'Helm wrote:
Arkoth 24 wrote:

Anyway, #OPENTHEDOOR

Yes, because nobody will take them away.

Just one less stupid VR game and we gucci.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2017-06-01 15:13:27 UTC
Yeah, there was a lot of stuff CCP promised and then failed to deliver.

Even though I'm not a miner I remember 'Ring Mining' which I think has now turned into 'Comet Mining'.

DMC
Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#51 - 2017-06-01 16:46:00 UTC
Mark O'Helm wrote:
Arkoth 24 wrote:

Anyway, #OPENTHEDOOR

Well, walking-in-ships is not so bad idea. I enjoyed it in Star Trek Online.

CCPlease?
Persephone Alleile
Tartarus Covert Operations
#52 - 2017-06-01 16:54:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Persephone Alleile
Like 90% of EVE is chatrooms in space, why not let us park our avatar at a bar stool and chat that way?
Seabhran Sihdrail
The Wyrd Collective
#53 - 2017-06-01 18:34:06 UTC
Arkoth 24 wrote:
Mark O'Helm wrote:
Arkoth 24 wrote:

Anyway, #OPENTHEDOOR

CCPlease?

Maybe some of the hardcore "im here for the ships" guys won't like it, but I would love to be able to walk inside ships.

Forget walking in stations. I want walk inside my ships and see how they look inside.
Seabhran Sihdrail
The Wyrd Collective
#54 - 2017-06-01 18:35:55 UTC
Persephone Alleile wrote:
Like 90% of EVE is chatrooms in space, why not let us park our avatar at a bar stool and chat that way?

Or maybe chat while you sit at the control room of your ship looking into space.
Mark O'Helm
#55 - 2017-06-01 23:23:08 UTC
Arkoth 24 wrote:
Mark O'Helm wrote:
Arkoth 24 wrote:

Anyway, #OPENTHEDOOR

CCPlease?

So, you want to leave your capsule, while it is linked to the ship to wander around in the ship? Who is flying it then?
Or do you mean walking through a ship of a fellow pilot?

Ebony Texas
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2017-06-01 23:31:19 UTC
war dec system rebalance...
bounty system rebalance......

faction implants perhaps all implants will be 100% craftable --- <<< I think this is a WIP

WiC's.... that's walking in citadels not damn stations.. im sick of seeing my ship spin, I want to walk around and have others view my body!...

look at these heels!! fffs.... eve online of all things they've managed to do.. they couldn't come up with a way to have some silly little space cantina where all pilots can lounge around and socialize... this is without a doubt the biggest slap in the face.

I mean hey CCP proved they could do it via the DUST/Playstation HOME setup... but here?? its a hell no cause it takes "work".

and where in the living hell is that gate from that trailer "the prophecy"... you forgot all about that story...to ask ccp to deliver us a clean story from start to end is like asking ccp rise to begin shaving... its just not happening.Oops
Arkoth 24
Doomheim
#57 - 2017-06-02 07:24:17 UTC
Mark O'Helm wrote:
So, you want to leave your capsule, while it is linked to the ship to wander around in the ship? Who is flying it then?
Or do you mean walking through a ship of a fellow pilot?

It looks like some backup systems take control on the ship when capsule is ejected in space: life-support is still on-line and ship don't fall to pieces at least. I guess the same may happen if operator leave his capsule - ship may become motionless, but crew will be fine.
Xianax
Wraithlords
#58 - 2017-06-02 08:29:06 UTC
I really think they could have put the resources poured into Valkyrie into something more spectacular in Eve. VR is destined to fail anyways. It looks like complete dirt anyways. You get a better picture from 95% of TV's than what the VR screens look like. On top of that the expense for the hardware is prohibitive. I am not paying $400 for 10 year old screen quality.
Ebony Texas
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2017-06-02 14:26:03 UTC
Xianax wrote:
I really think they could have put the resources poured into Valkyrie into something more spectacular in Eve. VR is destined to fail anyways. It looks like complete dirt anyways. You get a better picture from 95% of TV's than what the VR screens look like. On top of that the expense for the hardware is prohibitive. I am not paying $400 for 10 year old screen quality.

ever since the motion picture "the lawnmower man" everyone has dreamed up ways of making VR a total reality, its all just a huge work in progress type of technology as it advances more and more each day. the end result is consumers having to constantly upgrade to the next best hype.. you see this trend a lot these days in TV's.. 720p 1080p, and now we're at 4k.. with another high-end tv already on the way in the couple years.. VR is what it is.. a simple gimmick for quick cash grabs, it can only be counted a major success this time around pending on how long its supported.. and there lies the question, just how long will ccp support Valkerie?? will it end up like dust?? whats the shelf-life of the Ps4 since there's already a PS5 already in the works.. how long will these VR visor/headsets last until they expire due to being $400 toys.. this is the risk you pay vs reward.. the end blame goes to the idiot that decided to over invest in the gimmick in the 1st place.

remember 3D?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Trixi Laminer
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2017-06-02 15:01:15 UTC
The integration between dust and eve and WiS, and and well the player built stargates, I thought they where going to arrive anytime but they haven't yet.
Alot more citadel structures still to come.
comet mining I speculate later turned into new moon mining mechanic.