These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page
 

EvE Survival.

Author
StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#21 - 2017-05-26 22:19:36 UTC  |  Edited by: StonerPhReaK
Revis Owen wrote:
Magnus Jax wrote:
I have the utmost respect for people who put in effort, beyond what would be expected, to help the community.


I'm sure I speak on behalf of all Code agents in thanking you for your expression of utmost respect toward us.

CCP proved that ganking leads to greater player retention, and so in that way Code is at the forefront in helping the Highsec community with player retention!


I have been an avid sideline cheerleader of "the code" for as long as i can remember. I even have James 315 pom poms. But did CCP finally prove it? I just remember some guy say that it does and never show any hard numbers to back up such claims. Share with me the spreadsheet or presentation video of said proof please. So that I may archive the documents/footage. Wouldn't want that kinda proof to get lost in the internet of things. Thanks in advance.

FakeEdit: Sniped

Fake Edit 2: The service Danice provided has helped many pilots over the years. Its sad to see the good guy get poop'd on so often these days. -(

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#22 - 2017-05-26 23:26:15 UTC
Clandestiny wrote:
Magnus Jax wrote:
I have the utmost respect for people who put in effort, beyond what would be expected, to help the community. Especially if it also costs them money and even more so if they stopped playing a long while ago. People like that don't deserve a "lol", they deserve a "thank you" and a "sorry we didn't support you better".

Same with Gripen, the guy who made EFT, and all the other people who do more than their part in one way or another.

↑ THIS ↑

Agreed. I feel the same way about EvE Overmind. It kind of wrecks one part of the game design the devs have built in and refined over the years. But it's nice of whoever developed it and hosts it.
SupaL33tH4x0r Regime
Minmatar Gallente VOID
#23 - 2017-05-27 12:50:29 UTC
Revis Owen wrote:
Magnus Jax wrote:
I have the utmost respect for people who put in effort, beyond what would be expected, to help the community.


I'm sure I speak on behalf of all Code agents in thanking you for your expression of utmost respect toward us.

CCP proved that ganking leads to greater player retention, and so in that way Code is at the forefront in helping the Highsec community with player retention!


funny because not once I have I ever seen, "hey im going to keep playing eve thanks to being ganked"

im pretty sure that ive put some code gankers out to pasture for camping them with tanked bestowers or using them for target practice in my destroyer

but yeah the site was good and used it many time to look up asteroids and epics
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#24 - 2017-05-27 13:41:51 UTC
I am too upset to even make a coherent statement of how I feel. F*** EVE, f*** people and f*** the world. EvilEvilEvil
Yourmoney Mywallet
Jita Institute of Applied Monetary Manipulation
#25 - 2017-05-27 18:06:55 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
I am too upset to even make a coherent statement of how I feel.

Then don't.
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
F*** EVE, f*** people and f*** the world. EvilEvilEvil

No, really - don't.
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#26 - 2017-05-27 23:04:19 UTC
SupaL33tH4x0r Regime wrote:
funny because not once I have I ever seen, "hey im going to keep playing eve thanks to being ganked"
Statistical data confirms it thou.
Players who engaged (forcibly or not) in pvp are more likely to stay. Ofc. there is gonna be the 1/1000 oddball who jumps his 5b pve fit marauder with all of his assets into low sec (on autopilot, set on a 30 jump route into new null-sec home), dies on first gate and emoquits, but it could be avoided if he lost a derpfit t1 ship before "oh wait I can lose stuff in this game? Maybe I should watch a tutorial or something."
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#27 - 2017-05-27 23:36:15 UTC
I've not been around in Eve that long but in my short time I've watched some quality sites go away -Sad

@lunettelulu7

Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#28 - 2017-05-27 23:43:07 UTC
lol I posted before clicking on the eve-survival link. 😂

@lunettelulu7

guigui lechat
the no fock given
#29 - 2017-05-28 01:12:52 UTC  |  Edited by: guigui lechat
Blade Darth wrote:
SupaL33tH4x0r Regime wrote:
funny because not once I have I ever seen, "hey im going to keep playing eve thanks to being ganked"
Statistical data confirms it thou.
Players who engaged (forcibly or not) in pvp are more likely to stay.


actually it does not prove anything.

There may be a correlation between the two. let's say that people who PLAY MORE are more likely to get ganked AND more likely to remain ?
you see there is not causality between the two.

CCP stats just show (not prove) there MAY be a correlation between the retention rate and the gank rate. it just shows that, and nothing else.
So anything else you deduce from it, this is misunderstanding at first, the stupidity or lie.
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#30 - 2017-05-28 03:26:41 UTC
guigui lechat wrote:
Blade Darth wrote:
SupaL33tH4x0r Regime wrote:
funny because not once I have I ever seen, "hey im going to keep playing eve thanks to being ganked"
Statistical data confirms it thou.
Players who engaged (forcibly or not) in pvp are more likely to stay.


actually it does not prove anything.

There may be a correlation between the two. let's say that people who PLAY MORE are more likely to get ganked AND more likely to remain ?
you see there is not causality between the two.

CCP stats just show (not prove) there MAY be a correlation between the retention rate and the gank rate. it just shows that, and nothing else.
So anything else you deduce from it, this is misunderstanding at first, the stupidity or lie.


Don't hate me but I agree with this kinda.. correlation doesn't always equal causation. People that are more likely to stick with Eve are probably already addicted

@lunettelulu7

Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#31 - 2017-05-28 11:18:52 UTC
There is a reason why skill injectors look like a syringe..

CCP Quant said something along the lines "players who lose a ship within a week or two are x% more likely to stay". I agree this probably didn't include hours played but he does have the playtime/gank to retention ratio somewhere. Ask next fanfest.
guigui lechat
the no fock given
#32 - 2017-05-28 11:37:14 UTC
Blade Darth wrote:

CCP Quant said something along the lines "players who lose a ship within a week or two are x% more likely to stay". I agree this probably didn't include hours played but he does have the playtime/gank to retention ratio somewhere. Ask next fanfest.


Prove what you affirm. Give a link to the ccp presentation of 2015 where he exactly says it.
I want it because I know you are wrong, but you can't get how illogical you are.

(tip 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A92Ge2S8M1Y )

(tip 2 : players who are more likely to stay lose a ship within a week or two)
JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2017-05-28 11:46:09 UTC
guigui lechat wrote:
Blade Darth wrote:

CCP Quant said something along the lines "players who lose a ship within a week or two are x% more likely to stay". I agree this probably didn't include hours played but he does have the playtime/gank to retention ratio somewhere. Ask next fanfest.


Prove what you affirm. Give a link to the ccp presentation of 2015 where he exactly says it.
I want it because I know you are wrong, but you can't get how illogical you are.

(tip 1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A92Ge2S8M1Y )

(tip 2 : players who are more likely to stay lose a ship within a week or two)

4 minutes in
players who are ganked in the first 15 days are more likely to keep playing than those killed legally who are more likely to stay than those who are not killed at all
guigui lechat
the no fock given
#34 - 2017-05-28 12:06:02 UTC
He says "people who are in the ganked group are the most likely to stay".
There is no causality between the two.

on the oposite, there is an implied causality when you say "players who lose a ship are more likely to stay". Which makes it false.
JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2017-05-28 12:09:41 UTC
what
they have the numbers and they said what they said
youre clutching at straws
guigui lechat
the no fock given
#36 - 2017-05-28 12:42:54 UTC  |  Edited by: guigui lechat


Affirming "CCP proved that ganking player make them stay in game" is a lie

it's a lie from the moment you say that there is a causality between getting ganked and subscribing. And you say so when you reformulate "retention is highest in the group of people that lost a ship" into "people who get ganked are more likely to subscribe".

You imply a causality which is not present in the initial presentation. That's just as false as it can be.

edit : in statistics like in many sciences, simplification is falsification.
Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#37 - 2017-05-28 12:47:54 UTC
Players who are likely to stay go exploring low, null, wh and of course, due to nature of Eve lose ships. It's not ganking that retains them but the fact that they find eve interesting.

I've lost a few ships In the first weeks of eve. Went on an fit another each time because I wanted to see more. Losing a dessie to a low sec gate camp, a few rookie ships in null or low and a cruiser due to suspect status had absolutely nothing to do with finding Eve interesting. I perceived it as part of gameplay.

That is what statistics show, new players losing ships because they find the game interesting or rewarding enough to venture in high risk places.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Magnus Jax
#38 - 2017-05-28 12:59:11 UTC
Gimme Sake wrote:
Players who are likely to stay go exploring low, null, wh and of course, due to nature of Eve lose ships. It's not ganking that retains them but the fact that they find eve interesting.

I've lost a few ships In the first weeks of eve. Went on an fit another each time because I wanted to see more. Losing a dessie to a low sec gate camp, a few rookie ships in null or low and a cruiser due to suspect status had absolutely nothing to do with finding Eve interesting. I perceived it as part of gameplay.

That is what statistics show, new players losing ships because they find the game interesting or rewarding enough to venture in high risk places.


Oh come on now, you're using way too much reasoned logic. That won't sit well with the ganking community.
Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2017-05-28 13:15:38 UTC
Magnus Jax wrote:
Gimme Sake wrote:
Players who are likely to stay go exploring low, null, wh and of course, due to nature of Eve lose ships. It's not ganking that retains them but the fact that they find eve interesting.

I've lost a few ships In the first weeks of eve. Went on an fit another each time because I wanted to see more. Losing a dessie to a low sec gate camp, a few rookie ships in null or low and a cruiser due to suspect status had absolutely nothing to do with finding Eve interesting. I perceived it as part of gameplay.

That is what statistics show, new players losing ships because they find the game interesting or rewarding enough to venture in high risk places.


Oh come on now, you're using way too much reasoned logic. That won't sit well with the ganking community.



There's no ganking comunity. Eve is a game where everyone is out to get everyone built upon an economy simulator. Perhaps the presence of the in game economy/currency makes players confused about ethics and morals.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Magnus Jax
#40 - 2017-05-28 14:42:50 UTC
Ofc there's a ganking community.

Previous page123Next page