These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[1V1] The Challenge (Dom vs Yaosus) - Dom Arkaral backed out

Author
Wanda Fayne
#101 - 2017-05-26 21:51:44 UTC
I don't see anyone else offering, so if you need a Ref lemme know. Front row seatingBlink

I don't really care who wins as long as there is a bloody fight and someone gets whacked.

I'll even shoot anyone trying to meddle in the bout.

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

• - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#102 - 2017-05-26 23:02:22 UTC
Wanda Fayne wrote:
I don't see anyone else offering, so if you need a Ref lemme know. Front row seatingBlink

I don't really care who wins as long as there is a bloody fight and someone gets whacked.

ahem. Ma'am you have been around long enough to know this conversation is happening on several threads and you need to read them ALL Big smile. No seriously people have offered to provide the ships even and ref but it seems this is just not meant to be

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#103 - 2017-05-26 23:05:29 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
@Ralph

I don't suppose you have a link to UAE's shitfit thread do you?

That's always a laugh to read.

boop
I miss UAE, the office diaries thread was epic.

Just about anything that came out of UAE's mouth was epic and quote worthy. XD

UAE actually inspired CoCaP and me getting into the Eve-O forums

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Wanda Fayne
#104 - 2017-05-26 23:10:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Wanda Fayne
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Wanda Fayne wrote:

ahem. Ma'am you have been around long enough to know this conversation is happening on several threads and you need to read them ALL Big smile. No seriously people have offered to provide the ships even and ref but it seems this is just not meant to be

Stop being passiveBlink

Just throw the miscreants in the arena and let them sort this out with fire...Twisted

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

• - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#105 - 2017-05-26 23:23:20 UTC
Wanda Fayne wrote:
Noragen Neirfallas wrote:
Wanda Fayne wrote:

Stop being passiveBlink

Just throw the miscreants in the arena and let them sort this out with fire...Twisted

If only I had the power to do so. Natural did offer something along those lines though... Hmmm. I have an idea

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#106 - 2017-05-27 00:01:04 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
Mike Adoulin wrote:
Bah.

Real men duel in billion-ISK Ventures.

Cool

Pfft.

Billion-ISK pods.

It's no longer a test of piloting skills, it's a test of "which one of you can pay off someone to kill a pod faster" skills. More of a duel of C&P skills if you will. Skullduggery, subterfuge, strategy, that sort of thing.

Bonus point for someone smartbombing both contestants.

Thou doth not have to pay muah to smartbomb thous pods

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Pix Severus
Empty You
#107 - 2017-05-27 00:12:38 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
@Ralph

I don't suppose you have a link to UAE's shitfit thread do you?

That's always a laugh to read.

boop
I miss UAE, the office diaries thread was epic.

Just about anything that came out of UAE's mouth was epic and quote worthy. XD

Fun fact: if at any point in the year you made him laugh he would send you a shitfit for xmas.

I'm a proud recipient of 2 of his ships, a shield buffer autocannon Coercer, and a hull-tanked laser Raptor.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#108 - 2017-05-27 04:35:01 UTC
I'm sure glad we didn't give this an awesome name. That would have been sad.

What a close call.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#109 - 2017-05-27 04:46:59 UTC
Mobadder Thworst wrote:
I'm sure glad we didn't give this an awesome name. That would have been sad.

What a close call.

I've missed you Mo

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#110 - 2017-05-31 12:32:44 UTC
Nice title

Too bad everyone saw you backed out twice before... let's get a third time now XD

Friday 2300, in Jita at the sun, you bring whatever, I bring whatever.
Winner gets to brag, Loser gets nada.

See you then Lol
Anyone wanting to see, feel free to come, there's a possibility of having neutral logi to shoot at Lol
And I'm going to record my pov (altho I doubt he'll come as usual)

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Clockwork Robot
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#111 - 2017-05-31 13:41:48 UTC
The problem with EvE being extremely well known as a game where literally every single person aspires to be a master assassin/pirate/gankmaster... Is that everyone is either too smart to fall for a "contest", or too cautious to fall for a "contest".

Either way, I feel like this was never going to be a thing, so the whole thread feels a bit forced.
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#112 - 2017-05-31 13:50:51 UTC
Clockwork Robot wrote:
The problem with EvE being extremely well known as a game where literally every single person aspires to be a master assassin/pirate/gankmaster... Is that everyone is either too smart to fall for a "contest", or too cautious to fall for a "contest".

Either way, I feel like this was never going to be a thing, so the whole thread feels a bit forced.

At this point, if he refuses, it shows that he never intended to fight and only wanted to move his flappy bits..
That and only that.

CCL Loyalist

Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#113 - 2017-05-31 14:03:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Mobadder Thworst
Clockwork Robot wrote:

Clockybot,
It's been my observation that highly skilled people tend to overestimate what they can accomplish because most opponents make so many errors.

My killboard has literally dozens of losses where I thought "yeah, the odds suck but if they're bad enough it could work." Then I found out they weren't bad enough.

I don't think Dom is afraid to lose a boat. However, Yaosus isn't a 1vs1 player. His KB has 700+ kills of which 13 are solo. I doubt if he is comfortable with solo fighting and instead of maneuver skill, he may be used to winning through expensive ships and following a good FC.

While he is probably comfortable flying heavy bling, taking it into a 1 v 1 scenario temps the possibility of a lol killmail which I'm sure he doesn't want. To me, he seems like he has a lot more risk to navigate in his playstyle to participate in this.

I'd expect Yao to make lots of errors in a 1 vs 1 fight.. Dom has a lot more solo kills (70), but he really isn't a solo player either. Given roughly even ships, I'd guess Dom to be the more skilled player.

Still, I think it could be a pretty fair fight... but the question is whether the parties involved are willing to take a fair fight. I'd chalk this one up to paper, rock, scissors.

Personally, I don't think Yaosus can afford to risk heavy bling and an embarrassing lossmail for what is, at best, a 50/50 chance.

If either of them would like to warm up with some frigate fights, I could oblige. I always assume I'm going to win and never risk anything I can't afford to lose.
Mo
Yaosus
From Hisec with Love Holdings
From Hisec with Love Coalition
#114 - 2017-05-31 15:21:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Yaosus
Mobadder Thworst wrote:
Clockwork Robot wrote:

Clockybot,
It's been my observation that highly skilled people tend to overestimate what they can accomplish because most opponents make so many errors.

My killboard has literally dozens of losses where I thought "yeah, the odds suck but if they're bad enough it could work." Then I found out they weren't bad enough.

I don't think Dom is afraid to lose a boat. However, Yaosus isn't a 1vs1 player. His KB has 700+ kills of which 13 are solo. I doubt if he is comfortable with solo fighting and instead of maneuver skill, he may be used to winning through expensive ships and following a good FC.

While he is probably comfortable flying heavy bling, taking it into a 1 v 1 scenario temps the possibility of a lol killmail which I'm sure he doesn't want. To me, he seems like he has a lot more risk to navigate in his playstyle to participate in this.

I'd expect Yao to make lots of errors in a 1 vs 1 fight.. Dom has a lot more solo kills (70), but he really isn't a solo player either. Given roughly even ships, I'd guess Dom to be the more skilled player.

Still, I think it could be a pretty fair fight... but the question is whether the parties involved are willing to take a fair fight. I'd chalk this one up to paper, rock, scissors.

Personally, I don't think Yaosus can afford to risk heavy bling and an embarrassing lossmail for what is, at best, a 50/50 chance.

If either of them would like to warm up with some frigate fights, I could oblige. I always assume I'm going to win and never risk anything I can't afford to lose.
Mo

Judging by your eve life, you started one year after I quit playing eve. It's really funny to see so many prophets, so many PVP experts, so many people who can read a KB and make assumptions. I do not usually brag about killboards and stuff but it's a pity battleclinic kb is gone now. Your economic related "analisys" gives me the impression you have no idea how eve really works :)

@Dom - He failed to show up when I was in Uedama waiting for him. If you want to fight put down 1 bil and let's talk about a ship class, a time frame and a system. Your forum barking is hilarious it stinks from a mile away. Less talk - more work :) So far you've proven that you are a "forum ganker" .
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#115 - 2017-05-31 15:26:12 UTC
Yaosus wrote:
Mobadder Thworst wrote:
Clockwork Robot wrote:

Clockybot,

Mo

Judging by your eve life, you started one year after I quit playing eve. It's really funny to see so many prophets, so many PVP experts, so many people who can read a KB and make assumptions. I do not usually brag about killboards and stuff but it's a pity battleclinic kb is gone now. Your economic related "analisys" gives me the impression you have no idea how eve really works :)

He failed to show up when I was in Uedama waiting for him. If you want to fight put down 1 bil and let's talk about a ship class, a time frame and a system. Your forum barking is hilarious it stinks from a mile away.

I'll take that free-of-charge invitation as a pretty loud "no"

Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame

And gf (for a 3-in-a-row refusal) XD

CCL Loyalist

Yaosus
#116 - 2017-05-31 15:30:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Yaosus
Dom Arkaral wrote:

Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame

Then stop barking :) you effing coward :)
Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#117 - 2017-05-31 15:35:36 UTC
Where's your screenshot proof that you ever went to uedama yaosus.... Dom atleast has that... Where's yours?

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#118 - 2017-05-31 15:38:52 UTC
Yaosus wrote:
Dom Arkaral wrote:

Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame
Shame

Then stop barking :) you effing coward :)

You might want to change the title now that you backed out thrice Lol

If someone wants to take Yao's place, I'm down.
Same rules as the first time I challenged him

T1 BCS
T2 fits
Only faction stuff is ammo

No drugs, no implants, no links but your own

You die, you lose.
You warp off, you lose.
You back out, you lose.

I'll be recording from my end,
Mail me if interested. Cool

CCL Loyalist

Mobadder Thworst
Doomheim
#119 - 2017-05-31 16:36:54 UTC
Yaosus wrote:
Mobadder Thworst wrote:
Clockwork Robot wrote:

Clockybot,

Mo

@Dom - He failed to show up when I was in Uedama waiting for him. If you want to fight put down 1 bil and let's talk about a ship class, a time frame and a system. Your forum barking is hilarious it stinks from a mile away. Less talk - more work :) So far you've proven that you are a "forum ganker" .

Ok, I started in '09. I've been almost purely PvP since about 1 year in.

Whether my character, experience, or practices are defective has little bearing on whether I'm right.

I've been playing long enough to make assertions I made for reading your killboard. Explain how I'm wrong? I lost kills when battleclinic closed too, so what? If your API is in, it should be an accurate representation of what you've done (especially since this is a '14 toon)

I'd happily fight you in frigates (the most technical flying in the game). That's a better test of skill IMO. Can't wrap my mind around the need for a billion isk ship to test skill... when a cheap frigate will demonstrate it better.

I stand by my evaluation. I meant no insult or disparagement... but this is how I read the situation.
Mo

Yaosus
#120 - 2017-05-31 16:42:39 UTC
Get in line mr. clown :) all of a sudden all the c&p leftovers are issuing 1v1 threats.