These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
 

PLEX after change:

Author
#61 - 2017-05-19 19:32:01 UTC
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:
Tricia Killnu wrote:
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:
Erotic massages at the Zoo what? I maybe should train reading comp past 1.




Send me Isk ingame and I will make this dream a reality

1 bil an hour for the best wettest sloppiest erotic zoo massage of your lifetime!!!!!

I will even double and if your really lucky quadruple that isk!!!!!!

SUH-WEET! It's my lucky day! I'm gonna be spacerich and in furry bliss! I...I love you.
I do manage to inadvertently derail threads on occasion, don't I?

Not intentional, I can assure you.

Mr Epeen Cool
Caldari State
#62 - 2017-05-19 20:08:17 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'm quite enjoying it even though it's making my in game expenses go up (it now costs 6 bil a month to plex my 4 accounts, 200 mil a day). I'm enjoying it because of all the crying that's coming from the entitled fools who don't understand that plex is a luxury and that no one (including CCP) owes anyone cheap plex.

All the crying?

One thread with five responses before you post your scathing indictment of the EVE player base. Out of how many hundreds of thousands of players?

Don't be such a drama queen.

Mr Epeen Cool


You think EVE has 'hundreds of thousands' of players?
#63 - 2017-05-19 20:48:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Vampyr wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'm quite enjoying it even though it's making my in game expenses go up (it now costs 6 bil a month to plex my 4 accounts, 200 mil a day). I'm enjoying it because of all the crying that's coming from the entitled fools who don't understand that plex is a luxury and that no one (including CCP) owes anyone cheap plex.

All the crying?

One thread with five responses before you post your scathing indictment of the EVE player base. Out of how many hundreds of thousands of players?

Don't be such a drama queen.

Mr Epeen Cool


You think EVE has 'hundreds of thousands' of players?

It had last time they said how much subscribers they had. But it was long time ago, when active players numbers were around 50k in the peak activity hours. When f2p was ridiculed and nearly everyone was saying it will never happen.
Brave Collective
#64 - 2017-05-19 21:01:32 UTC
Vampyr wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'm quite enjoying it even though it's making my in game expenses go up (it now costs 6 bil a month to plex my 4 accounts, 200 mil a day). I'm enjoying it because of all the crying that's coming from the entitled fools who don't understand that plex is a luxury and that no one (including CCP) owes anyone cheap plex.

All the crying?

One thread with five responses before you post your scathing indictment of the EVE player base. Out of how many hundreds of thousands of players?

Don't be such a drama queen.

Mr Epeen Cool


You think EVE has 'hundreds of thousands' of players?


Paid for accounts.
La Federacion.
#65 - 2017-05-19 23:04:03 UTC

The plex is too much for me. Unfortunately I will happen to be a casual player. And my other accounts will go to standby. There are too many factors in this game that will not let you do ISK. Wars and removals. CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
#66 - 2017-05-20 00:20:12 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Caveat: If NS recruits really hard, some of that attrition may be retained as players potentially find the means to PLEX via NS activity/income, but this will be at most some few %.

I strongly encourage everyone to consider moving into NS or established WH corps this summer.
Its "that time" now to make the move.

HS/LS and low WH content income is not going to be adequate to PLEX without a great deal of activity ingame earning.
The isk is in NS and WHs, and to an extent, LS if you play hard.

if people go to null/wh and start farming more that just shoots the plex price even higher, OPE, bounties, and blue loot inject a ton of isk into the game.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

#67 - 2017-05-20 06:51:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Salvos Rhoska
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Caveat: If NS recruits really hard, some of that attrition may be retained as players potentially find the means to PLEX via NS activity/income, but this will be at most some few %.

I strongly encourage everyone to consider moving into NS or established WH corps this summer.
Its "that time" now to make the move.

HS/LS and low WH content income is not going to be adequate to PLEX without a great deal of activity ingame earning.
The isk is in NS and WHs, and to an extent, LS if you play hard.

if people go to null/wh and start farming more that just shoots the plex price even higher, OPE, bounties, and blue loot inject a ton of isk into the game.


Yes.

But look at market reports on isk introduction in NS as is.

The higher PLEX price rises, the more incentive there is to move to the rich farming fields of NS.

I will finally make the move to NS this summer. Tbh should have made the jump ages ago.
Hopefully I wont get completely destroyed there by people Ive pissed off here on the boards! :D

Anyways, Im perfectly happy to give my money to CCP.
I love the hell out of this game.
PLEXing is nice when I can, but otherwise Ill sub.
#68 - 2017-05-20 08:46:40 UTC
Before plex change, players need at least 1B to push the ingame market price up 0.01 isk. but now players need only 0.003B to push the price up 0.01 isk. It has never been easier to move the price. The cost of buy-low-sell-high game is so low that the price can be pushed up to a ridiculous level before the bubble collapse.
#69 - 2017-05-20 09:43:23 UTC
It costs me $21/month for a 3 month sub after currency conversion. I used to be able to toss in 3 or 4 PLEX over the span of a year, to make my gaming time a little cheaper.

I am a casual player, the kind of player CCP would rather ignore and wishes would go away. I am not a rich player either, so yearly or 6 month subs are out for me. To be able to PLEX my account once every 3 or 4 months, even at 1.2 bil, I have to give up some of the things I enjoy, like low sec pvp.

At the current rate PLEX is rising, almost 1.5 bil, and the fact subbing my account with RL money is quite expensive (for a game), it's a hard choice for sure. I have cancelled my accounts for the summer at least, hoping PLEX will at least stabilize or my exchange rate gets better, though neither look very optimistic.

It's just sad that the PLEX price has become so volatile and I will predict it will have negative results for the game, especially with casual players like myself.
Caldari State
#70 - 2017-05-20 11:01:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Kisar
I too will have to cancel some accounts. The price of PLEX is ridiculous now since the change.

It's no doubt caused by how easy CCP have made it to buy and hoarde market PLEX due to the smallest unit now being just 2-3 million isk. Players buying and hoarding PLEX so they could sell it for more later has always been a problem with causing inflated PLEX prices and now with smaller units making it far easier to do, they've made the problem even worse.

Probably going to hit their account numbers if they don't do something to stabilize PLEX prices.
#71 - 2017-05-20 11:34:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Nevyn Auscent
Vampyr wrote:

You think EVE has 'hundreds of thousands' of players?

Statistically EVE has somewhere between 200k & 300k players.
Average accounts per player is about 1.5 per CCP's released stats a year or so ago, and per their financial reports they have somewhere between 300k & 400k accounts, people crunched numbers.
So yes actually, EVE does.

If memory serves CCP at some point also released information which indicated that only about 10% of accounts paid by plex. Was somewhere around the same time as they released the stats on how many times a plex typically changed hands before actually getting used.
ChaosTheory.
#72 - 2017-05-20 18:48:08 UTC
Kisar wrote:


Probably going to hit their account numbers if they don't do something to stabilize PLEX prices.


People who use plex for game time tend to over estimate how many people do the same. The last time CCP told us about it, it was less than 10%. Same for multiboxers, most people don't have multiple accounts so people shedding alt accounts wouldn't hurt much.


PLEX changes/price rises are in this way just like ISBoxer, many a isbox multiboxer predicted that EVE's pcu and sub numbers would take a hit if they banned isboxer, but that never happened, because despite the visibility of those guys (like the guy who could solo incursions), they were really only a very small part of the population.


#73 - 2017-05-21 00:48:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
Jenn aSide wrote:
Kisar wrote:


Probably going to hit their account numbers if they don't do something to stabilize PLEX prices.


People who use plex for game time tend to over estimate how many people do the same. The last time CCP told us about it, it was less than 10%. Same for multiboxers, most people don't have multiple accounts so people shedding alt accounts wouldn't hurt much.


PLEX changes/price rises are in this way just like ISBoxer, many a isbox multiboxer predicted that EVE's pcu and sub numbers would take a hit if they banned isboxer, but that never happened, because despite the visibility of those guys (like the guy who could solo incursions), they were really only a very small part of the population.

When did CCP say this? I find it hard to believe. EVE with just 1 account must be so tedious. No scanner, no scout, no hauler, no neutral, no salvager, no booster, ... How can you even do anything effectively?

From what i have seen, EVE players love alts. Even for simple or silly tasks. I have seen people create alts just because they wanted a capspray (a cheap, expendable osprey giving them cap at all times).

What was the saying again ... somthing like: EVE is played by 12 people and their alts.
#74 - 2017-05-21 01:04:00 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:

When did CCP say this?
Way before the Alpha/Omega release.

You'll likely need to wait for the next fanfest to get legitimate statistics for this year. And then you get to watch the forum explode as various personalities try to spin it to suit their agenda.

Mr Epeen Cool
ChaosTheory.
#75 - 2017-05-21 03:44:00 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Kisar wrote:


Probably going to hit their account numbers if they don't do something to stabilize PLEX prices.


People who use plex for game time tend to over estimate how many people do the same. The last time CCP told us about it, it was less than 10%. Same for multiboxers, most people don't have multiple accounts so people shedding alt accounts wouldn't hurt much.


PLEX changes/price rises are in this way just like ISBoxer, many a isbox multiboxer predicted that EVE's pcu and sub numbers would take a hit if they banned isboxer, but that never happened, because despite the visibility of those guys (like the guy who could solo incursions), they were really only a very small part of the population.

When did CCP say this? I find it hard to believe. EVE with just 1 account must be so tedious. No scanner, no scout, no hauler, no neutral, no salvager, no booster, ... How can you even do anything effectively?

From what i have seen, EVE players love alts. Even for simple or silly tasks. I have seen people create alts just because they wanted a capspray (a cheap, expendable osprey giving them cap at all times).

What was the saying again ... somthing like: EVE is played by 12 people and their alts.



http://targetcaller.blogspot.com/2015/09/players-and-accounts-courtesy-of-ccp.html

I can't find the fanfest presentation with the plex thing, ill keep looking. But 2/3rds of EVE payes have only 1 account and 94% of players have 3 or fewer accounts. I have 4 accounts (5 if you count the one I let lapse and don't use) which puts me in the 6% with more than 3.

But I didn't need CCP Quant to tell me that most players don't multibox at all, its easy to see if you don't look at people as if they are all the same as you. I multibox because I too think EVE can be really tedious without alts, but that's me, I know many people don't play like I do.

EVE is not 12 people and their alts, it's a couple hundred thousand people and 12 guys who think those other people are alts.
Amarr Empire
#76 - 2017-05-21 14:48:57 UTC
Beta Maoye wrote:
Before plex change, players need at least 1B to push the ingame market price up 0.01 isk. but now players need only 0.003B to push the price up 0.01 isk. It has never been easier to move the price. The cost of buy-low-sell-high game is so low that the price can be pushed up to a ridiculous level before the bubble collapse.


Linked to this is the fact that plex prices are rising largely because people expect them to rise. Any slack in the demand side of the equation is filled by investors who expect more isk in return later down the line. I doubt it is possible for plex to naturally come down in price even if supply was way over demand.

I said earlier people would rather work jobs than play eve, it seems most of the replies actually agree with this statement. Only a few have noticed that earning isk in a game can actually be fun and so some people might prefer that instead of working extra hours at their job. The high plex prices to me indicate few people are willing to trade their farmed isk for gametime, and on the flipside equally many people would rather work IRL than play eve.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Limited Expectations
#77 - 2017-05-21 15:40:42 UTC
It says something about the game when you would rather work then play it XDDD
#78 - 2017-05-21 16:58:16 UTC
No supprise there. Happens in every game that does this kind of thing. Warcraft's token cost 20k last expansion. Now price is 250k. Same happens to EVE, though not as fast. Overall it comes down to players will to pay ingame money to extrent their sub. When that becomes impossible, I suspect that many quit the game rather than go back to real money subscription. But I base it on my own and long list of friends experience with WoW and a bit of EVE, so not exact science here.

Overall I hope CCP keeps game "worth to pay to play" on casual level or else none but hardcore fans be logging in.
Goonswarm Federation
#79 - 2017-05-21 20:22:09 UTC
Vampyr wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'm quite enjoying it even though it's making my in game expenses go up (it now costs 6 bil a month to plex my 4 accounts, 200 mil a day). I'm enjoying it because of all the crying that's coming from the entitled fools who don't understand that plex is a luxury and that no one (including CCP) owes anyone cheap plex.

All the crying?

One thread with five responses before you post your scathing indictment of the EVE player base. Out of how many hundreds of thousands of players?

Don't be such a drama queen.

Mr Epeen Cool


You think EVE has 'hundreds of thousands' of players?


If the average number of players logging in over the course of the day is say 25,000 that suggests that yes, there are hundreds of thousands of players. Crude "Bubba" math would suggest an upper bound of around 600,000. Note I used the term upper bound. Based on this I would not be surprised if there are 300,000-400,000 subscribers that pay in some fashion.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Goonswarm Federation
#80 - 2017-05-21 20:25:41 UTC
Beta Maoye wrote:
Before plex change, players need at least 1B to push the ingame market price up 0.01 isk. but now players need only 0.003B to push the price up 0.01 isk. It has never been easier to move the price. The cost of buy-low-sell-high game is so low that the price can be pushed up to a ridiculous level before the bubble collapse.


Roll

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Forum Jump