These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
 

[The Purity War - The Age of Blood

Author
#21 - 2017-05-16 21:12:29 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
Children will stop if they haven't been rewarded for their tantrums, again and again. Once they have, once they know that all they have to do is escalate, then they will escalate. Napkins there has been getting his way for years. He knows that all he has to do is threaten to throw more of a tantrum, and you'll come running to show him how special he really is and no, Bubby, you really don't have to hold your breath until you turn blue.

Giving him attention only reinforces the cycle, and makes it harder next time.


You listen to Miz too much, Arrendis.

Besides, you're trying to herd cats. If there's a thing that's pointless unless everyone does it, and you're asking it of all capsuleers? It's probably pointless. People have been trying to get other people to ignore Ms. Kim for ... uh. Easily as long as I've been around. It hasn't happened.

This won't, either.

Might as well figure out something that'll actually work.
#22 - 2017-05-16 21:22:30 UTC
Why try to work with those who persecute you?

Guri Raiders Pirate // Don't want to get your hands dirty? Drop a line.

Mercenary Coalition
#23 - 2017-05-16 21:22:47 UTC
Yup. Should instead just repeat the same thing over and over and expect some different result this time.
Goonswarm Federation
#24 - 2017-05-16 21:31:18 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:

You listen to Miz too much, Arrendis.


Experience, not Mizhara, has informed my opinion, Aria. You and I have both seen this cycle, again and again. He's even personally singled you out to give him attention because he knew you'd give it to him. That's his game. That's his only game.

Quote:

Besides, you're trying to herd cats.


Kinda my day job, you know?
M.A.D. Consortium
#25 - 2017-05-16 22:14:33 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:
Arrendis wrote:
Children will stop if they haven't been rewarded for their tantrums, again and again. Once they have, once they know that all they have to do is escalate, then they will escalate. Napkins there has been getting his way for years. He knows that all he has to do is threaten to throw more of a tantrum, and you'll come running to show him how special he really is and no, Bubby, you really don't have to hold your breath until you turn blue.

Giving him attention only reinforces the cycle, and makes it harder next time.


You listen to Miz too much, Arrendis.

Besides, you're trying to herd cats. If there's a thing that's pointless unless everyone does it, and you're asking it of all capsuleers? It's probably pointless. People have been trying to get other people to ignore Ms. Kim for ... uh. Easily as long as I've been around. It hasn't happened.

This won't, either.

Might as well figure out something that'll actually work.


I am forced to agree with Ms. Jenneth on this.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#26 - 2017-05-19 06:13:00 UTC
I...

...I really do wonder what in all the Throne Worlds is going on here.

Nauplius is openly antagonising enough people to even get other Sani Sabik to rail on him.

Cassy has turned from potential blooder to bleeding-heart.

And among it all, Arendis rails on and on about the wrongness of EVERYTHING!

Seriously?

I thought I was the child here...





...hah... hah...

...I'm clearly not...
Electus Matari
#27 - 2017-05-19 07:58:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Elsebeth Rhiannon
Casserina Leshrac wrote:
Thus like the drooler who has become rabid, he must be put down.

That sounds good.

Now let's hear your plan.
M.A.D. Consortium
#28 - 2017-05-19 13:17:49 UTC
Mebrithiel Ju'wien wrote:
I...

...I really do wonder what in all the Throne Worlds is going on here.

Nauplius is openly antagonising enough people to even get other Sani Sabik to rail on him.

Cassy has turned from potential blooder to bleeding-heart.

And among it all, Arendis rails on and on about the wrongness of EVERYTHING!

Seriously?

I thought I was the child here...





...hah... hah...

...I'm clearly not...


Now Meb... I am not one to make a spectacle of our rites.

However... if you want look in next time I am very happy to have you over.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

M.A.D. Consortium
#29 - 2017-05-19 13:28:36 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
Casserina Leshrac wrote:
Thus like the drooler who has become rabid, he must be put down.

That sounds good.

Now let's hear your plan.


We cannot kill him because he resurrects to do it again.

We can't give in to his agenda in any fashion because we learn nothing from him.

We can't just destroy is assets as he can rebuild again.

Only one option left find his source of income and stop the ISK flowing in his direction. We just need to find how he is financing his operations.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Mercenary Coalition
#30 - 2017-05-19 13:49:46 UTC
His "operations" are cheap as hell Astras. You can finance them in perfect safety with even the most casual of station trading, which is pretty much impossible to disrupt. If he wasn't toying with you, performing only to the minimum of effort required to keep you all frothing and paying him all the attention he desires, he could plonk down Astras - all of which take a minimum of a week to take down, up to almost three weeks with clever deployment schedules - at a rate far exceeding your ability to take them down.

This is something you people don't seem to understand, for some unfathomable reason: You. Can't. Stop. A. Capsuleer. It would require an expenditure of effort several orders of magnitude above and beyond any harm they could possibly do. Spirits below, outside of nullsec you can't even keep them stuck in a station, and even there they can just jumpclone elsewhere.

All this effort, froth, clutching of pearls, wailing and gnashing of teeth over what is on a capsuleer scale barely the idle drumming of fingers, when that effort could have gone to something that would actually have a measurable impact. Feh.

I wonder how the response would be if he ever bothered getting off his arse and put some real effort into this stuff. If the reactions scaled to his current efforts, heads would start exploding from sheer outrage.
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2017-05-19 14:22:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Arrendis
Casserina Leshrac wrote:

Only one option left find his source of income and stop the ISK flowing in his direction. We just need to find how he is financing his operations.


He could fund his operations effortlessly by station-trading. Have you ever actually tried to keep a capsuleer from making money? To do it, you need to more or less do what you'd need to do to keep a capsuleer from cloning: put him in a stasis tube, lock him away in a cargo container, and throw away the citadel the container's in, by stuffing it 70+ au away from the nearest celestial, perpendicular to the ecliptic, in a wormhole somewhere.

And then pray there isn't a 'If I'm out of touch for 30 days, soft-clone' provision in his clone contract the way a lot of us have.
Electus Matari
#32 - 2017-05-19 14:42:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Elsebeth Rhiannon
That plan is terrible.

Astrahus without trimmings is is, what, 1B?

I am the most constantly broke old-timer capsuleer I know, and even I could finance what he's doing with 30 minutes work a day and without ever undocking once.

There are ways to control a capsuleer.

Problem here is they pretty much all presuppose he or she cares enough about some baseliner or other other non-upliftable, not easily replacable contact/asset that you can go after instead instead of going for the egghead directly.
Mercenary Coalition
#33 - 2017-05-19 14:48:41 UTC
Let's not start talking about crossing that line. It doesn't happen for a reason, much like mutually assured destruction scenarios. Take away that 'something to lose' from one capsuleer, and you've basically created an unkillable creature who can replenish their resources and assets in perpetuity... coming for whatever you hold dear.

The fact that this creature only ever have to succeed once to take away what you love, and you have to succeed every single time they make an attempt on it should be more than enough reason not to even contemplate crossing that line, hmm?

There's a reason I keep tabs on the baseliner interests of my enemies, that I know of. It's so I can avoid creating that doomsday scenario.
Sani-Sabik
#34 - 2017-05-19 15:01:10 UTC
To cause a zealot to change their behaviour, when that zealot is demi-immortal, is possible, but difficult.

Very difficult.

One must present to them a vision which irrefutably contradicts their understanding of the universe, showing that everything they thought was flawed, and presenting an alternative.

In the pre-immortal era, similar events occurred, were considered to be a form of Divine Intervention, and usually resulted in the person so affected, becoming a Saint or Prophet.

So that is what you have to do.

Make the zealot open to suggestion, and then present an alternative that shatters their old belief, and constructs a new one.

That's how you stop an immortal zealot.

But, I'm not sure who is capable of inspiring such a Divine Revelation.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Goonswarm Federation
#35 - 2017-05-19 15:02:13 UTC
Elsebeth Rhiannon wrote:
That plan is terrible.

Astrahus without trimmings is is, what, 1B?


Just under, on the open market. If you're gonna be putting them down again and again like Napkins here, though, it's probably worth buying a BPC and producing them for around 750 or so. Maybe a little less. I'd need to check with GSOL on that.

Point is, it's basically a sneeze, yeah.
Electus Matari
#36 - 2017-05-19 15:03:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Elsebeth Rhiannon
Miz: I mentioned it to make it pretty clear none of the existing ways to control a capsuleer are not applicable in this scenario.
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2017-05-19 15:05:13 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:
To cause a zealot to change their behaviour, when that zealot is demi-immortal, is possible, but difficult.


This really isn't all that complicated. If you want someone to change their behavior, you have to have one of two things:

1)Something they want.
2)Something they want to avoid.

You have to give them motivation to change their behavior. When what you do is already baked into their operating costs, then what you do is effectively nothing.

So figure out what he wants, or what he wants to avoid. Laying out any clearer would be breaking my word to Aria, though, so I'm leaving it there.
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2017-05-19 15:10:15 UTC
Valerie Valate wrote:

One must present to them a vision which irrefutably contradicts their understanding of the universe, showing that everything they thought was flawed, and presenting an alternative.


Also, not for nothing, but you'd have to be able to prove the 'vision' isn't "Teh work of Mole-man the Deceiver" or whatever. IOW: you'd have to prove it's God. Which gets tricky, since you can't demonstrate your version of God is even his version of God or that either one of them is real. Since he's off in his own theological framework now with 'Naupliusism', there is literally nothing short of him changing his own mind that would qualify as persuasive to him.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#39 - 2017-05-19 18:39:14 UTC
So, what'd your two blooder sects think of the king of blooder's speech earlier today? I thought it was rather rousing. Will you kiss and make up to defend the sanctity of the shipyard?

Aldrith Ter'neth Shutaq Newelle

Fleet Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Divine Commodore of the 24th Imperial Crusade

Lord Consort of Lady Mitara Newelle, Champion of House Sarum and Holder of Damnidios Para'nashu

Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2017-05-19 19:28:11 UTC
Aldrith Shutaq wrote:
So, what'd your two blooder sects think of the king of blooder's speech earlier today? I thought it was rather rousing. Will you kiss and make up to defend the sanctity of the shipyard?


I hope so. It'll be hilarious to watch.
7 PagesPrevious page1234Next pageLast page
Forum Jump