These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

4 PagesPrevious page1234Next page

11 Years come to an end.

Author
Caldari State
#21 - 2017-05-18 21:31:00 UTC
Why must all aspects of our life cater to political correctness, pleasantries, and general niceness?

I'm not a bully. I got bullied at school a LOT (at least... until I got to be twice their size, they figured out real quick that fights with me ended fast and badly for them).. I know how that feels. I'm the epitome of a nice guy IRL.

In Eve, I'm not a nice guy. In these forums, I'm kind of in the middle because there is an Out-Of-Game aspect involved I think.

Regardless.. ingame I'm an ******* of epic proportions. And I love it. It's just a game, people with thin skin can go to the games that offer protection for people with softer constitutions.

I'm not talking down at said thin-skinned people, I realize that it's not something for everyone. This game is for the thicker-skinned people, who like to get a little rough with each other.
CODE.
#22 - 2017-05-18 22:12:53 UTC
umadbro?

You totally forgot that one in your list
#23 - 2017-05-18 23:02:10 UTC
Real talk spacebro,

I don't think it was the players. Playing solo (mining ice) for 11 years while a whole universe is developing around you and then being brought to the reality that this is in fact a multiplayer game in such a manner can be quite a jarring experience. Before you quit take a step back and think a little about whats gotten you to this point.

Then sell all your stuff and give the isk to me. I dont mine so the assets would go to waste.

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Caldari State
#24 - 2017-05-18 23:12:15 UTC
If you think this community is toxic, and it is to an extent, avoid League of Legends, it is by far the most toxic multiplayer game on the market to date. You will never run into a larger group of people telling each other to kill themselves in real life or just ruining the fun of the people on their own team, pretty much without consequences.
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2017-05-18 23:19:15 UTC
Kixx wrote:
If you think this community is toxic, and it is to an extent, avoid League of Legends, it is by far the most toxic multiplayer game on the market to date. You will never run into a larger group of people telling each other to kill themselves in real life or just ruining the fun of the people on their own team, pretty much without consequences.

This community is far worse than some stupid kids who don't know better. Besides, what is AWOXING if not team killing? And how many eve players are simply told 'HTFU OR GTFO' when they raise their issues?

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Who Dares Wins.
#26 - 2017-05-18 23:21:19 UTC
Thank you for your eleven years of loyalty. I have only one question that, as a veteran player, you may be able to answer:

"Can I have your stuff?"

[i][b]CCP Zulu.....      Forcing players to dock at the captain's quarters is a form of what we actually wanted to get through, which is making Incarna a seamless part of the EVE Online experience. [/b](i like to steal sigs)[/i]

Caldari State
#27 - 2017-05-18 23:42:02 UTC
Mangrasky wrote:
In reality i always try to be something good for my fellow humans, friendly, helpful... ...Living values, being a sort of model for these. Give love, not hate:

- didn't want to get into the crosshairs of gutter
- much little, stupid trouble because of nothing
- i NEED justice
- i was just a bundle of helpless hate, writing trembling the most shocking insults you might imagine
- morals is just a joke, that when it comes down to what we really are, we are just flesh, meat, greedy
- just a trick to get advantages, and that the most lies we produce are the lies we do to our own person
- EVE tought me what the saying means: "...brings out the worst of you."
- My boss in real life is not very nice but he's a good comrade compared to these people
- I don't know what made me leave this sick corporation
- Many not so nice words were fallen but i was glad i got rid of those persons without will to live.
- I mean really, why didn't they call themselves "Shoehorns" ??
- To many sickos, freaks, retards, ghettokids,
- all the scum that shuts its mouth and ducks down with fearful looks in reality,

TL;DR: I am the moral high ground and everyone else that is different to me is scum... ...but I'm so friendly.

If those quotes are examples of what good, friendly and helpful is, I am glad that I must hang out with the scum who just pvp competitively, with no malice towards anyone. That seems far better than this.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

#28 - 2017-05-18 23:42:54 UTC
Mangrasky wrote:
What happend was that they bullied me every time i came into Ala (from their description: "We are a small group of pilots who want to take a bit of space to call our own.") which was obviously the system they called their own..whenever i entered Ala, i got a bounty from their little dachshund Roakie Buchanan, he spent meanwhile 100 mills on me. and he bumped me out of the ice belt whenever i appeared there. I orbited then and it went better..he said in local that he likes when others change their playstile because of him.
Well i don't know with what his mom beats him in real life but it got trouble again and another person i never met before took party for roakie Buchanan.(as usual for the agressor, they simply cool) and then real bad things were spoken again.

At this point i was fed. It was not the first time that i met such people but i always tried to get along because EVE is - seen for itself - a really great game. But now its done, and i'm done with the game.
To many sickos, freaks, retards, ghettokids, all the scum that shuts its mouth and ducks down with fearful looks in reality, because they get punished all the time...all those social footnotes have their big gig in EVE Online.

But now without me, i transfered all biggers hips, resources, plex to a friendly and good guy, and i feel like i lost a big burden. Some colours return back into my life and i'm so relaxed, it feels very good.

Thanks to all people that were kind and fair to me(yes, there are quite some of those also), i hope i did not disappoint you to much while we knew us.

you find the best and the worst here.

The real world is changing though, and the better are finding other things to do and leaving the worst behind. I just completed an augmented reality project and am also restoring a car as old as I am.... but that 9.99 for an Omega offer that expires on the 28th looks enticing if my PC can ever pass the heat tests.

(and yeah summer is coming so those who, if they went to the beach Greenpeace would show up and push them into the water, or the locality gets a rash of bigfoot sightings, are probably going to stay indoors at their computer, bitter and hateful of everything as usual, and thus are more likely to be online)

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2017-05-18 23:57:51 UTC
Nice
#30 - 2017-05-19 00:02:56 UTC
The game's incorrigible nastiness and it's worse mob-mentality community are hard to bear sometimes huh? Sorry to see you go after so long. I suppose the road ends sometime for us all. I admit I'm also saddened that there's a hard barrier for where the serious game is and where it's just you and #tweetfleet and your screenshots.

I wish I could have found a guy like you when I tried to recruit Smile Don't give anything away. I did the first time I quit. Smile

Take care.

@lunettelulu7

#31 - 2017-05-19 00:22:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Vipsan Agrippa
Fk the haters.

Mangaskry, I am a self diagnosed sociopath, but I do have one redeeming quality, I only grief griefers and bullies.

If you decide to stay in game I promise my main will come over to your system and fk up your antagonists. Free of charge no strings attached.

I care. TwistedBear
  • Fk Bob Praise Kek! -

They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Alliances will rise and fall, but one constant in Eve is the smouldering dumpster that is C & P.

(Bob's a cuck)

Limited Expectations
#32 - 2017-05-19 01:11:30 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
I admit I'm also saddened that there's a hard barrier for where the serious game is and where it's just you and #tweetfleet and your screenshots.

I wish I could have found a guy like you when I tried to recruit.
I checked your KB. You killed a tristan in low sec. And a bunch of wormholers.
That's like... worse than bumping.
Mean, mean Lulu :3
Phalanx Federation
#33 - 2017-05-19 01:27:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Xianax
I know how you feel man. I spent 3 weeks in the recruiting channel talking to recruiters and watching all the advertisments before I finally joined a corp when I returned. You really have to find the right people that have similar goals to yours. Even then the biggest problem could be the alliance the corp decides to join. There have been many a corp I have joined where the alliance people were just not for me.

I feel like my current corp has decent and mature people to play with so we will see where this one goes.

Also don't give your stuff to any of these people. None of them deserve it. Biomass your char and let all your stuff go into the great beyond.
#34 - 2017-05-19 01:42:18 UTC
Blade Darth wrote:
Lulu Lunette wrote:
I admit I'm also saddened that there's a hard barrier for where the serious game is and where it's just you and #tweetfleet and your screenshots.

I wish I could have found a guy like you when I tried to recruit.
I checked your KB. You killed a tristan in low sec. And a bunch of wormholers.
That's like... worse than bumping.
Mean, mean Lulu :3

What are you doing snooping around my KB anyway? P

@lunettelulu7

Those Infernal Machines
#35 - 2017-05-19 05:49:19 UTC
I find the whole recruitment process, as a player looking for a corporation tedious, there's not only play-styles that need to align but player ambitions. The best way I have found to meet people of like minds, is here on the forums or in local, in the aforementioned quiet bit of space, where you can talk freely without worrying about rail guns tearing through your hull. The best ship of all in these cases, the friendship builds over time.
Cynosural Field Theory.
#36 - 2017-05-19 16:37:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Alice Saki
High Sec Woes \o/

Roll

As you Said "the law of the strong was leading here, the weaker are wiped up." Twisted

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

#37 - 2017-05-19 17:00:48 UTC
^^ pokes Alice..

are you real, and did you bring beer?

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Cynosural Field Theory.
#38 - 2017-05-19 17:24:04 UTC
Just Coffee.

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

#39 - 2017-05-19 18:35:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Coffeeaholics of the world unite.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Mangrasky
#40 - 2017-05-19 19:34:40 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Drekkenn wrote:
Funny, Every time I think about coming back I'll run into a post like this and it totally reminds me of all the things I hate about the game. And as you said you get "it's eve, get over it" So like you and probably many thousands of folks, we wait for another cool space MMO :)

Other such games exist, and most of them protect players from the thigns EVE allows.

EVE players go and try them, find them to be boring as hell and come right back to dirty old EVE and it's mean players. The OP himself spent 11 years playing a game he didn't like when there have been various alternatives during that time (Black Prophecy, Star Trek Online, the Star Wars games and others).

I think that some folks fail to realize that multiplayer gaming is not really for them and so they blame the games or their communities instead.

Well. So much answers and so much usual, stupid crap.
I looked back in to see if at least 1 person understood. In all that scum a normal human being...well, have no fear i don't think its you, but i haven't finished looking.
I just ask you to read what others write before you judge them. I said i loved the game but the community is a pile of ****..with exceptions, as always. THE GAME itself kept me coming back. My memory saved just the good gaming moments i tried to explain in my posting, so i always hoped after some years, that maybe i changed, or the community changed..but well.
Things are not so easy as you "people" might think.
4 PagesPrevious page1234Next page