These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

It's against the Eve ToS

First post
Author
Yebo Lakatosh
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2017-05-16 11:16:40 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Probably you should put your ideas to save Eve by making it a safe carebear paradise in the appropriate forum: F&I.
Why ruin a perfectly good Grr CODE nurf CODE GD thread?

Ahh wait, that never stopped a single one of these, does it?

Elite F1 pilot since YC119, incarnate of honor, integrity and tidi.

Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#22 - 2017-05-16 12:27:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
RainbowDashC22 Shiratori wrote:
They exploit the High Sec rules, they found loopholes to not get killed in a pod, and hiding in stations to wait out the timers. And the Devs do nothing about it. How big of a problem does Code have to get before they step in and fix the broken systems in High Sec that they keep exploiting?

I guess that devs dont do anything against it because EVE needs every little bit of destruction. Stuff needs to be destroyed, otherwise the market would collapse.
Since the null bears prefer to blue each other and stockpile wealth (even under the new sov system), the game needs every bit of destruction. Since most players are in highsec, a huge reduction of destruction in highsec would probably kill the economy.
Piugattuk
Lone Star Warriors
Evictus.
#23 - 2017-05-16 12:33:00 UTC
You are free to be a bad guy in game...you are also subject to getting that reputation in game, don't do those things if you are not willing to feel the pinch.
RainbowDashC22 Shiratori
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2017-05-16 12:35:18 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:
They exploit the High Sec rules, they found loopholes to not get killed in a pod, and hiding in stations to wait out the timers. And the Devs do nothing about it. How big of a problem does Code have to get before they step in and fix the broken systems in High Sec that they keep exploiting?

I guess that devs dont do anything against it because EVE needs every little bit of destrucion. Stuff needs to be destroyed, otherwise the market would collapse.
Since the null bears prefer to blue each other and stockpile wealth (even under the new sov system), the game needs every bit of destruction. Since most players are in highsec, a huge reduction of destrucion in highsec would probably kill the economy.

That is why most things in High Sec is 'Common' tho, and so cheap and not worth much. If you want to make ships, if you want to make anything really, you need to go into Low, Null, and WH space for the Materials you need to make them.

Destruction shouldn't be what draws players out of High Sec, more Wealth and Progress should be. High Sec is meant to be safer, but much less rewarding, like very little reward at all. It doesn't work like that tho. You can very easily make a LOT of money in High Sec. Just AFK Mining can get you a lot of money. This is why CODE targets Miners, to get them to stop doing that.

But that can easily change by having the Scematics switch, needing a lot more minerals only found in Low, Null, or WH, and needing less resources from High Sec. Force people to venture out to make money. Not to run away from exploiting gankers using the system to bully the players into doing what they want.
Piugattuk
Lone Star Warriors
Evictus.
#25 - 2017-05-16 12:37:00 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:
virm pasuul wrote:
It's against the Eve ToS to biomass ganking alts to avoid the negative consequence of security status.
Fair enough.

What consequences? The gankers just travel in pods, use neutral Orcas to get in ganking ships and warp straight to their next target. Trading, hauling, ISK making ist done with neutral alts. There are no real consequences for gankers.

Carebear here, you are also free to use an alt to hunt them down with little consequence, if it's flashy red shoot it, most of if not all code is flashy red in a ship or pod alike.
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#26 - 2017-05-16 12:38:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Is this another on of those situations where someone thinks they are smarter than than game and has some brilliant sure fire game mechanics changing way to "fix" things that, were it ever to be implemented, would be a terrible game killing disaster that would actually backfire and strengthen the people it was trying to nerf?

If so, then it's right on time, we haven't had one of those in like the last 11 or 12 seconds. I was getting worried.
Mollie Mormon
Doomheim
#27 - 2017-05-16 13:06:39 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Is this another on of those situations where someone thinks they are smarter than than game and has some brilliant sure fire game mechanics changing way to "fix" things that, were it ever to be implemented, would be a terrible game killing disaster that would actually backfire and strengthen the people it was trying to nerf?

If so, then it's right on time, we haven't had one of those in like the last 11 or 12 seconds. I was getting worried.

No one cries louder than people like you that desperately want to keep the current system in place.

High Sec. is broken...has been for years.
Noragen Neirfallas
Emotional Net Loss
#28 - 2017-05-16 13:16:48 UTC
I just remembered why I stay out of GD...

Member and Judge of the Court of Crime and Punishment

Noragens basically the Chribba of C&P - Zimmy Zeta

Confirming that we all play in Noragen's eve. - BeBopAReBop

ISD Buldath favorite ISD

'"****station games" - Sun Tzu' - Ralph King Griffin

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
#29 - 2017-05-16 13:21:05 UTC
Mollie Mormon wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

No one cries louder than people like you that desperately want to keep the current system in place.

You think....I.....Jenn aSide....wants to keep HiGH SEC .....the way it is.....

LMAO. Someone tell him, I'm too busy laughing my guts out in real life. No really, I think something is wrong, be back after a bio break.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#30 - 2017-05-16 14:42:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
Destruction shouldn't be what draws players out of High Sec, more Wealth and Progress should be. High Sec is meant to be safer, but much less rewarding, like very little reward at all. It doesn't work like that tho. You can very easily make a LOT of money in High Sec. Just AFK Mining can get you a lot of money. This is why CODE targets Miners, to get them to stop doing that.

Uhm, have you done any mining recently? Nowadays most of the minerals come from Rorquals which mine as much as 4 exhumers. Players multibox ~10 Rorquals in nullsec and earn billions per hour.

Highsec ores are almost worthless now which means that with AFK mining in highsec you can earn only ~10mill per hour.

But that can easily change by having the Scematics switch, needing a lot more minerals only found in Low, Null, or WH, and needing less resources from High Sec. Force people to venture out to make money. Not to run away from exploiting gankers using the system to bully the players into doing what they want.

Thats exactly what CCP has been doing in the last 5-6 years.

• data and relic sites in high - worthless since the exploration expansion
  • ghost sites - removed from high
  • static ice belts (were great for AFK mining) - removed
  • AFK mission running - pretty much impossible after rat AI buff (AFAIK)
  • high sec ores - 2 indirect nerfs because nullsec ores got buffed 2 times
  • mining in high - huge indirect nerf with the Rorqual buff
  • industry in high - many small nerfs because nullsec industry got buffs to be more self sufficient and margins are smaller nowadays
  • etc

Meanwhile, the ISK faucets in null sec explode ...
http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/Mar_2017/9aaa_top.sinks.faucets.over.time.png

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/Mar_2017/9a1_faucets_breakdown.png
Vokan Narkar
New Eden Traders Aliance
#31 - 2017-05-16 14:59:16 UTC
virm pasuul wrote:
It's against the Eve ToS to biomass ganking alts to avoid the negative consequence of security status.
Fair enough.

Why is it OK to biomass trade hub spammer bots to avoid the negative consequence of being blocked by everyone?
Seems to be inconsistent with point one.

wait really? link to any official post which states this?
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
#32 - 2017-05-16 15:07:39 UTC
Algarion Getz wrote:

Uhm, have you done any mining recently? Nowadays most of the minerals come from Rorquals which mine as much as 4 exhumers. Players multibox ~10 Rorquals in nullsec and earn billions per hour.

Highsec ores are almost worthless now which means that with AFK mining in highsec you can earn only ~10mill per hour.

Thats exactly what CCP has been doing in the last 5-6 years.

• data and relic sites in high - worthless since the exploration expansion
  • ghost sites - removed from high
  • static ice belts (were great for AFK mining) - removed
  • AFK mission running - pretty much impossible after rat AI buff (AFAIK)
  • high sec ores - 2 indirect nerfs because nullsec ores got buffed 2 times
  • mining in high - huge indirect nerf with the Rorqual buff
  • industry in high - many small nerfs because nullsec industry got buffs to be more self sufficient and margins are smaller nowadays
  • etc

Meanwhile, the ISK faucets in null sec explode ...
http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/Mar_2017/9aaa_top.sinks.faucets.over.time.png

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/MER/Mar_2017/9a1_faucets_breakdown.png

It's funny because for years some of us tried to explain how high sec was too good income wise , so much so that you had lots of null sec people plant alts there to make money from things like incursions, SOE missions and burner blitzing (it still is btw, you cannot make a reliable 200 mil per hour with a single subcap in sov null space with the one exception being buying maze escalations in guristas space).

So what did the Defenders of High Sec on this board say? They said "if the problem is null income isn't competitive with high sec income, buff null, don't nerf my high sec income". It was a dumb and tone deaf thing to say, but they said it, all the time.

CCP buffed null like they said, with Rorquals and the changes to carriers/fighters that made super capitals re-take the throne as the best NPC killing ships in the game (something CCP once fixed when they fixed tracking titans and forsaken hubs only to unfix with super carriers).

And still high sec folk complain. High sec posters on this board WANTED this outcome, why be mad about it now?
Mollie Mormon
Doomheim
#33 - 2017-05-16 15:31:06 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
High sec posters on this board WANTED this outcome...
πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“
πŸ“ Imagine, if you will, a World where you actually know what you're talking about. πŸ“
πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#34 - 2017-05-16 15:38:58 UTC
Mollie Mormon wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“
πŸ“ Imagine, if you will, a World where you actually know what you're talking about. πŸ“
πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“

Huh? I doubt "high sec posters" asked for continuous nerfs to highsec in favor of nullsec.
Yebo Lakatosh
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2017-05-16 16:11:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Yebo Lakatosh
Mollie Mormon wrote:

You have yet to detail here in what way Highsec is broken, and how should it be molded into the joyful place that every player should love.

Do your comments mean that you side with Miss Shiratori, who is convinced that a -lot- of money can be made by AFK mining in Highsec, just ganking needs One More Nerfβ„’, because it's an awful double-standard that they can just hop into a shiny new ship after it's destroyed, while the miners -have to- replace their loss?

Elite F1 pilot since YC119, incarnate of honor, integrity and tidi.

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
#36 - 2017-05-16 16:25:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Algarion Getz wrote:
Mollie Mormon wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“
πŸ“ πŸ“ πŸ“

Huh? I doubt "high sec posters" asked for continuous nerfs to highsec in favor of nullsec.

I'm sorry, I thought I wrote what I did in English. But let me try again.

First off, those things you called nerfs were not nerfs. The change to NPC AI affected everyone, the exploration expansion hit EVERYONE hard. and the 'buffs' to null sec mining and industry reinforces my point.

For years, when we said that things in high sec were too good (not for high sec residents, but for null sec alts), we were told by many a high sec poster "LEAVE HIGH SEC ALONE, JUST BUFF NULL". CCP (directly and indirectly) did this, and now here you are complaining about null sec's affect on high sec.

The old saying that applies here is "be careful what you wish for" (not you personally, I'm talking to all those short sighted high sec people who said i just wanted to see high sec nerfed to line my own space pockets).

And to answer your question, yes they did ask for this. Just a few examples of what I had to read over and over again since 2011:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=150359

http://eve-search.com/thread/380155-1/page/all#11

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6204805#post6204805
Skorpynekomimi
#37 - 2017-05-16 16:34:06 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
People read local chat in trade hubs? Interesting...

I like to see all the scams and banter. Plus I'm a sucker for having random conversations with random people in local.

Economic PVP

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#38 - 2017-05-16 16:46:37 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

And to answer your question, yes they did ask for this. Just a few examples of what I had to read over and over again since 2011:
You didn't have to read anything.

You like reading it. It gives you something to rant about and validates your own bizarre worldview.

Mr Epeen Cool
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
#39 - 2017-05-16 17:24:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Mr Epeen wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

You didn't have to read anything.

You like reading it. It gives you something to rant about and validates your own bizarre worldview.

Mr Epeen Cool

Ok, what exactly is 'bizarre' about what I'm saying (in this case, pointing out that people should be careful what they wish for, which is an old saying, I did not come up with it)? You felt the need to reply, so let's talk about it, or are you just trolling as usual?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#40 - 2017-05-16 17:34:34 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
so let's talk about it
You spelled argue wrong.

Mr Epeen Cool
Previous page123Next page