These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Frame/Perforamnce Drop when eve client not active window

Author
Shadoxi Ky'klops
Dark Nebula Academy
O X I D E
#1 - 2017-05-10 05:36:14 UTC
Good day.

I am experiencing a massive drop in performance on my eve clients when they are not the focused window. Respectively, I also experience a massive performance drop on other windows when one of my eve clients is focused.

I have searched high & low through google/eve forms/reddit posts - this problem seems wide spread with no resolution.

I am currently running 3 eve clients on one monitor and tabbing around.

With the arrival of my new 4k monitors today I will start running 1 client on each monitor & need to find a solution to make sure that i experience no frame of performance drop regardless of which window i have focused.

I have a 1080 TI running the 3x 4k monitors and a 980ti running 2x 2k monitors for non eve applications.
michael philip Ellecon
Knights of the Posing Meat
#2 - 2017-05-10 09:37:35 UTC
I had the same issue and I have seam to resolved it, I have download and installed windows (10) updates, update NVIDIA drivers uninstalled and then reinstalled eve, I now have 5 clients running smoothly before I could only use 2 without issues hope this helps
Satyriasiss
HouseOfBlackAndWhite
#3 - 2017-05-10 10:15:50 UTC
michael philip Ellecon wrote:
I had the same issue and I have seam to resolved it, I have download and installed windows (10) updates, update NVIDIA drivers uninstalled and then reinstalled eve, I now have 5 clients running smoothly before I could only use 2 without issues hope this helps

what shell win7 users do with old graphic cards that have no update drivers?
i used to manage 6 windows at once just switching active/inactive, now i can only 2...
Deus Reliquit
Real Simple Academy
Brave United
#4 - 2017-05-10 19:02:04 UTC
Satyriasiss wrote:
michael philip Ellecon wrote:

what shell win7 users do with old graphic cards that have no update drivers?
i used to manage 6 windows at once just switching active/inactive, now i can only 2...

This has to be on CCP's end, I lowered all my graphics settings and now i'm lag free. Feels like I'm playing space invaders on an Atari 2600 but at least the lag has freed up on my multi accounts logged on.

I did the uninstall and reinstall to no avail, it seems ccp has some graphical issues they need to resolve.
Feoteus
cookies and capital
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2017-05-10 22:00:52 UTC
Shadoxi Ky'klops wrote:
Good day.
I am experiencing a massive drop in performance on my eve clients when they are not the focused window. Respectively, I also experience a massive performance drop on other windows when one of my eve clients is focused.

I had the same issue Sad
Win 7x64 GTX 770
Annexe
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#6 - 2017-05-11 02:31:18 UTC
I have the same issue. Only seemed to start around the Citadel release, i think.

Win10 x64
i5-6400
16GB
AMD HD7870
2x 1080p

Annexe

ITAI - VIP

"i will pop your wreck with faction loot"

Deus Reliquit
Real Simple Academy
Brave United
#7 - 2017-05-11 03:20:27 UTC
Annexe wrote:
I have the same issue. Only seemed to start around the Citadel release, i think.

Win10 x64
i5-6400
16GB
AMD HD7870
2x 1080p

I think you're right, although I started noticing something odd in 119.3. Then this elephant jumped in the room 119.5! Shocked

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=519116&p=3
Qel'Droma
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2017-05-12 03:38:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Qel'Droma
Shadoxi Ky'klops wrote:
Good day.

I have searched high & low through google/eve forms/reddit posts - this problem seems wide spread with no resolution.

I am currently running 3 eve clients on one monitor and tabbing around.

With the arrival of my new 4k monitors today I will start running 1 client on each monitor & need to find a solution to make sure that i experience no frame of performance drop regardless of which window i have focused.

I have a 1080 TI running the 3x 4k monitors and a 980ti running 2x 2k monitors for non eve applications.

Also having the same issue.
Win 7 64bit
amd fx 6300
amd r9 270
8gb of ram
3 clients alt tabbed behind each other not minimized.

Can see the fps drop using eve-0 preview.
ShaileLii
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2017-05-12 19:55:00 UTC
Confirm the problem 2 3 client lag freezes.And not helps to even just the minimum on all clients. Although this well-kept 5 Windows in one of them was the maximum graphics settings.
ShaileLii
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2017-05-12 20:18:05 UTC
Today after the patch got a little better. Friezes have become fast without waiting for minute
Anoma Rake
Northern Dieties
#11 - 2017-05-13 08:47:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Anoma Rake
I have same issue, just that clients and other applications freeze for 3-4 seconds when launching more then one client.

FPS drops to 0 or freeze without any apperant reason or timeframe when running multiple clients. but it happens often, atleast once every 30 seconds or more.

Before patch I could run multiple clients max graphics no issues, now two clients with minimal graphics lags. Tried fixed window and windowed mode, doesnt change anything. also cleared caches without any luck.

Been lucky and not had any issues with EVE up till now, but this makes it impossible to multibox.
Any advice would be appriciated.

Specs:
i7 5930k
gtx 980
windows 10 x64
32gb ram

Regards
Shadoxi Ky'klops
Dark Nebula Academy
O X I D E
#12 - 2017-05-14 00:02:58 UTC
All,

I've done quiet a bit of testing.

I've found that if your default monitor (set by windows) is running a different resolution than the eve client the lag is created.

Further more, if you run more than 1 client on one monitor (regardless of resolution) the lag appears on all clients/screens.

FYI, using DX9 does not correct the issue.

I am currently running 2 clients on two monitors at the same resolution as my default desktop resolution and there i not a spec of performance drop regardless which window is my focus.

If i add in a 3rd client on the same monitor already running a client the entire set up goes downhill and my frames drop to 1 or 2.

All windows are 'fixed windowed'

Satyriasiss
HouseOfBlackAndWhite
#13 - 2017-05-15 08:56:28 UTC
new memory optimisation is a problem.
when client is minimized FPS in it comes for a 1000, and drops to 15-30 when client is resumed, this bugy operation causes a perfomence drop on other clients.
So nothing we can do until CCP will fix it.
Zedifo
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2017-05-16 09:21:23 UTC
I'm having the same issue. When I have chrome as my active window, all EVE clients and chrome run at the speed you would expect them to with no lag.

When I select one of my EVE clients as my active window however, that one client runs correctly but all others as well as chrome suffer from large FPS drops and have a much lower CPU usage that when they're functioning properly.

I can no longer play EVE on one monitor while watching a video on my other, and multiboxing has become much more troublesome.