These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Character name to easy to primary - any NON-SARCASTIC suggestions?

Author
Osborn Ready
United Caldari Navy
United Caldari Space Command.
#1 - 2017-05-06 22:38:47 UTC
Because of this toon's name I get primaried every fight. I'm losing too many ships to keep playing - any advice? I know a lot of other people have had this problem. has anyone else been able to solve this or is it just a waste of time trying?

PS: As with everything else they say they will never do, CCP will eventually change this, so my current thinking is just suspend the account and keep checking back. Although, I've been trying that for 8yrs, and considering how long it took for them to go to F2P, redesign all the ships, etc., the amount of time I can keep playing games is getting less and less each year.
Zirashi
Cyclical Destruction
#2 - 2017-05-06 22:43:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Zirashi
Famous/infamous players get primaried because of their name. Normies get primaried because of ship type and/or location on grid. I've never heard of you, so my guess is you fall into the latter like most of us.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#3 - 2017-05-06 22:46:06 UTC
It's your ship choice, dude. Your name starts with an 'O'. You are way down the list. Unless you are in a small fleet with names like Xylex and Zebra.

Mr Epeen Cool
Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#4 - 2017-05-06 23:33:02 UTC
In fleets people only shoot at me once they figure out I'm where their drones are going.

My new bio

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#5 - 2017-05-06 23:36:37 UTC
Looks like you do some small to micro gang pvp. Ofc. you gonna get shot at if it's a 3v3.

For bigger fights:
Are you the first person on grid?
Are you an FC (and enemy FC knows it and is a FC sniping douche)?
Is the thing you fly the shiniest/ easiest to kill (dps/tank ratio) thing on grid?
Are you slacking behind your fleet / out of logi range?

There are many things to consider. I seriously doubt it's the name in Your case. Unless you are a known awoxer and people you fight have some sort of personal grudge or you trash talk in local, than it's not a "name" problem though.
Osborn Ready
United Caldari Navy
United Caldari Space Command.
#6 - 2017-05-07 00:18:25 UTC
Blade Darth wrote:
Looks like you do some small to micro gang pvp. Ofc. you gonna get shot at if it's a 3v3.

For bigger fights:
Are you the first person on grid?
Are you an FC (and enemy FC knows it and is a FC sniping douche)?
Is the thing you fly the shiniest/ easiest to kill (dps/tank ratio) thing on grid?
Are you slacking behind your fleet / out of logi range?

There are many things to consider. I seriously doubt it's the name in Your case. Unless you are a known awoxer and people you fight have some sort of personal grudge or you trash talk in local, than it's not a "name" problem though.

Good suggestions all (frankly I was expecting some smart-ass responses, so thanks guys for taking the time to give thoughtful responses).

Maybe I should think about venturing beyond RvB so I can get into some bigger fleets. I need to train up on ships that fit into doctrine for the bigger corps, so I'll do some research on that.

BTW, I don't know the term awoxer, what does it mean?

Lothros Andastar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2017-05-07 00:32:55 UTC
Osborn Ready wrote:
BTW, I don't know the term awoxer, what does it mean?

http://bfy.tw/BdmN
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#8 - 2017-05-07 02:49:13 UTC
If you really want a different name, start another pilot and start training. Also, transfer skill points from the old one to the new one via extractors as funds permit. You could even just sell every third full skill injector to fund the operation.

Will that set you back in terms of total SP? Sure, but its not a race. Its a game, and fun can be had at any skill level.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Shallanna Yassavi
qwertz corp
#9 - 2017-05-07 02:58:44 UTC
For someone who gets primaried a lot, you have a green killboard.

A signature :o

Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#10 - 2017-05-07 03:17:45 UTC
Osborn Ready wrote:
bigger fleets
I strongly advise against that unless by "bigger" you mean something in the small gang range. Anything bigger and you just become an F1 monkey.
Galaxxis
The Regency
The Monarchy
#11 - 2017-05-07 04:33:46 UTC
Make it something unpronounceable and close to the middle of the alphabet so if they go a-z or z-a you're not going to be one of the first ones called. Something like Mzsqrgphlepkth
Cristl
#12 - 2017-05-07 05:39:35 UTC
Osborn is a pretty good name. Maybe use a zero (0) instead of a capital O next time.

That should do it.
Expendable Unit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#13 - 2017-05-07 06:12:06 UTC
Be smarter than them! Have an armada of allies always ready to warp in and assist if you are primaried. Sure, it will cost some isk hiring a few dedicated alliances to protect you but this is eve, you need to adapt or die.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#14 - 2017-05-07 07:29:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
You have a chance to be primaried every time you join a fight or someone else dies from your fleet, so dont make them die and use somebody else to watch you dont die. Play hard to kill and make them switch targets. The best advice I could ever muster for this kind of thing.
If you are ECM, orbit them at great range with small signature, fast ship with active tank. If you are brawler or tackle use a lot of buffer tank hardened. If you are logistics, stay behind in the range of reppers from other logistics.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#15 - 2017-05-07 08:02:44 UTC
Hard to spell names for native english people and not only Blink

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2017-05-07 12:39:53 UTC
Galaxxis wrote:
Make it something unpronounceable and close to the middle of the alphabet so if they go a-z or z-a you're not going to be one of the first ones called. Something like Mzsqrgphlepkth

Even Superman would have problems saying that.

Big smile

DMC
Yebo Lakatosh
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2017-05-07 12:49:01 UTC
M-x-y is primary, I repeat M-X-Y is primary! Emm, Ex, Epsylon.

Names are irrelevant.

Elite F1 pilot since YC119, incarnate of honor, integrity and tidi.

000Hunter000
Missiles 'R' Us
#18 - 2017-05-07 18:30:53 UTC
I'm almost always on top of every local chat... And no, i DID NOT do that on purpose X
Alasdan Helminthauge
AirHogs
Hogs Collective
#19 - 2017-05-08 01:28:01 UTC
Maybe you should make you and your mates all change ship names to Chinese characters.
Lfod Shi
Lfod's Ratting and Salvage
#20 - 2017-05-08 02:30:47 UTC
Shoot Mefirst

Go all reverse psychology on 'em.

♪ They'll always be bloodclaws to me ♫

12Next page