These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Operation Fresh Start: OLD Emergency Announcement

Author
Arrendis
TK Corp
#81 - 2017-05-01 14:49:41 UTC
I have to say, Pieter, that it's a shame you'll be discontinuing the project. It's projects like this, not announcements of ineffective and misguided plans for blowing militia pilots up, that have the best chance to defuse tensions: cooperative efforts where each side can see people from the other as just... people, not 'agents of [faction]'.
Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#82 - 2017-05-01 15:40:15 UTC
Arrendis wrote:
I have to say, Pieter, that it's a shame you'll be discontinuing the project. It's projects like this, not announcements of ineffective and misguided plans for blowing militia pilots up, that have the best chance to defuse tensions: cooperative efforts where each side can see people from the other as just... people, not 'agents of [faction]'.

I agree, Arrendis, I hope that someone else can find a new project to achieve that.

For me, the realisation that I am not that person came at about the time when I was discussing an amendment to my evacuation plan, the Cole Protocol, that would have seen me detonate the two large Gravitonic reactors under the site to ensure that it wouldn't be used by the Gallente if they used armed force to take the planet back.

I am not worthy of a place on Home.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Arrendis
TK Corp
#83 - 2017-05-01 15:55:50 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
For me, the realisation that I am not that person came at about the time when I was discussing an amendment to my evacuation plan, the Cole Protocol, that would have seen me detonate the two large Gravitonic reactors under the site to ensure that it wouldn't be used by the Gallente if they used armed force to take the planet back.

I am not worthy of a place on Home.

That's nonsense. In a period of heightened tensions and mistrust, you were under elevated stress levels for an extended time. You were focusing on seeing people to safety, and inundated daily with more news that played on your fears. So you fell into old ways of thinking in a crisis. It happens. You don't want to fall into those patterns of thinking, and I'm sure, if you'd been asked a week before it all started, you'd have been reasonably sure you were past that kind of thing.

Now, you know you're not. Now you know it's something you should be alert to. Who better resists propaganda, the trusting person of good intention, or the cynic who knows they must remain vigilant? If anything, Pieter, you're in a better position to take the lead on something like this than you were before, because now you recognize that your own fears and ingrained prejudices can flare up when tensions run high.
Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#84 - 2017-05-01 16:09:56 UTC
Thank you, Arrendis. It's something to think upon and, if I do decide to pursue an endeavour in the future, at least the Gallente will know I am an honest broker of my own fears.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#85 - 2017-05-01 17:23:49 UTC
Perkele, Pieter...could you rename this thread to something like "OLD emergency announcement"?
Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#86 - 2017-05-01 18:33:41 UTC
Che Biko wrote:
Perkele, Pieter...could you rename this thread to something like "OLD emergency announcement"?

I will do that!

Jesse James Horn
Doomheim
#87 - 2017-05-01 19:09:07 UTC
Winding this venture up is probably for the best, Tuulinen-Haan .The family wish you good profits for your future endeavours.
Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#88 - 2017-05-01 19:12:48 UTC
Jesse James Horn wrote:
Winding this venture up is probably for the best, Tuulinen-Haan .The family wish you good profits for your future endeavours.

Thanks to the Horn family for their consideration and their assistance.

James Syagrius
Reclamation
#89 - 2017-05-02 00:00:37 UTC
Pieter.

A discouraging development no doubt to many, but perhaps proper considering.

Caldari Prime is a difficult investment environment. Honestly, I will miss your efforts there too… stabilize the situation form the Caldari perspective.

I would say I am surprised that you didn’t offer to sell to me, but seriously, I am sure the city of Arcurio appreciates the space.

In time, I hope you reconsider, Caldari Prime has many charms. When you do I hope, we can talk.