These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Kill this crappy bounty system....

Author
Elonaris Pokto
Doomheim
#1 - 2017-04-29 12:30:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Elonaris Pokto
i mean...what is it good for?

Stepping on the nerves of people who's face you don't like nothing more......

You can give bounty for no reason......

Bounty should be binded to a crime not to a dislike of a person.....

If you've done something against the law you deserve bounty,if not it's just an abused feature.....
Nalia White
Tencus
#2 - 2017-04-29 12:34:18 UTC
Elonaris Pokto wrote:
i mean...what is it good for?

Stepping on the nerves of people who's face you don't like nothing more......

You can give bounty for no reason......

Bounty should be binded to a crime not to a dislike of a person.....

If you've done something against the law you deserve bounty,if not it's just a abused feature.....


i think it's fine how it is. there is another system in place for crime. it's called sec status :)

i agree that the term bounty is not very fitting but the system behind it is quite fine.

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Soloman Jackson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2017-04-29 12:34:25 UTC
Dislike for a person?!? I see them as "Friendship Points". The more you collect the more folks like you. I mean, would they take the time to place a bounty if you didn't hold a special place in their heart? I think not!

“The cold stars spun to the ancient rhythm, the august march of an everlasting symphony. They are old, the stars, and their memory is long.” -Rick Yancey

Elonaris Pokto
Doomheim
#4 - 2017-04-29 12:39:03 UTC
no...simply no...there is no need for this crap.....

as long as you can give it to everyone without reason....

this should be restricted and had to be overviewed and to be released by an isd/gm and only if there is a reason above "i don't like him" behind....
Soloman Jackson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2017-04-29 12:44:51 UTC
Elonaris Pokto wrote:
no...simply no...there is no need for this crap.....

as long as you can give it to everyone without reason....

this should be restricted and had to be overviewed and to be released by an isd/gm and only if there is a reason above "i don't like him" behind....


Reviewed by ISD/Gm?!? Do you realize how many are given out everyday? That would be a waste of their time and CCP's resources.

I'm sure there is a reason behind every bounty given. It may be a small reason, but a reason none the less.

For instance, I given them to folks so they feel wanted. They can tell they are wanted by the banner across their portrait! I do it because I care. :)

Perhaps it's your view of the system that is twisted. Why do you see them as a bad thing?

“The cold stars spun to the ancient rhythm, the august march of an everlasting symphony. They are old, the stars, and their memory is long.” -Rick Yancey

Cade Windstalker
#6 - 2017-04-29 13:24:30 UTC
You seem to be misinterpreting how the bounty system actually gets used. Every Bounty I've got is from *friends* not enemies.

If someone put a bounty on you it basically means nothing, and no one is going to come after you just for the bounty.
Cherry Sulphate
ojingo
#7 - 2017-04-29 13:56:16 UTC
"Elonaris Pokto"; this is the character i should be adding the bounty to, yeah?
Elonaris Pokto
Doomheim
#8 - 2017-04-29 14:14:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Elonaris Pokto
Soloman Jackson wrote:
Elonaris Pokto wrote:
no...simply no...there is no need for this crap.....

as long as you can give it to everyone without reason....

this should be restricted and had to be overviewed and to be released by an isd/gm and only if there is a reason above "i don't like him" behind....


Reviewed by ISD/Gm?!? Do you realize how many are given out everyday? That would be a waste of their time and CCP's resources.

I'm sure there is a reason behind every bounty given. It may be a small reason, but a reason none the less.

For instance, I given them to folks so they feel wanted. They can tell they are wanted by the banner across their portrait! I do it because I care. :)

Perhaps it's your view of the system that is twisted. Why do you see them as a bad thing?


Well...that's a good reason for kicking it from the live servers.....

And no....a system that can be abused this way has no reason to exist.....

Crap stays crap even if the whole world tries to convince you its gold.....
Yang Aurilen
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#9 - 2017-04-29 14:19:22 UTC
Soloman Jackson wrote:
Dislike for a person?!? I see them as "Friendship Points". The more you collect the more folks like you. I mean, would they take the time to place a bounty if you didn't hold a special place in their heart? I think not!


What happens if I placed bounties on myself? Does that mean the only friends I have is myself?Cry

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Soloman Jackson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2017-04-29 14:28:07 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Soloman Jackson wrote:
Dislike for a person?!? I see them as "Friendship Points". The more you collect the more folks like you. I mean, would they take the time to place a bounty if you didn't hold a special place in their heart? I think not!


What happens if I placed bounties on myself? Does that mean the only friends I have is myself?Cry


Sadly, I'm afraid so. :(

Perhaps if you gave "Friendship points" to others they will return the favor. I find the most receptive to "Friendship Points" are high sec mission runners and miners. They usually return the love once you shower them with it.

Good luck! I hope you find the friends you're looking for! :)

“The cold stars spun to the ancient rhythm, the august march of an everlasting symphony. They are old, the stars, and their memory is long.” -Rick Yancey

Neuntausend
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2017-04-29 14:30:14 UTC
Elonaris Pokto wrote:
Bounty should be binded to a crime not to a dislike of a person.....

If you've done something against the law you deserve bounty,if not it's just an abused feature.....

Bounty is only needed where the law doesn't cut it. If the law and law enforcement can handle it, bounty is not required. If you do something that is against the law, then FacPo and CONCORD will take care of you. Bounty is for those cases where you did something and CONCORD/FacPo don't give a **** - say, you went full Awox, cleared out your corps hangars and murdered a bunch of blues on your way out.

The bounty system is broken, though. However, As of yet I have not seen a good suggestion on how to fix it, and I do not think there can be one. I do not see a reason to "kill" it either, though. It's not like it hurts anyone.
Elonaris Pokto
Doomheim
#12 - 2017-04-29 14:34:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Elonaris Pokto
Soloman Jackson wrote:
Yang Aurilen wrote:
Soloman Jackson wrote:
Dislike for a person?!? I see them as "Friendship Points". The more you collect the more folks like you. I mean, would they take the time to place a bounty if you didn't hold a special place in their heart? I think not!


What happens if I placed bounties on myself? Does that mean the only friends I have is myself?Cry


Sadly, I'm afraid so. :(

Perhaps if you gave "Friendship points" to others they will return the favor. I find the most receptive to "Friendship Points" are high sec mission runners and miners. They usually return the love once you shower them with it.

Good luck! I hope you find the friends you're looking for! :)



Crap and what comes out of the rear end of bulls......
Elonaris Pokto
Doomheim
#13 - 2017-04-29 14:38:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Elonaris Pokto
Neuntausend wrote:
Elonaris Pokto wrote:
Bounty should be binded to a crime not to a dislike of a person.....

If you've done something against the law you deserve bounty,if not it's just an abused feature.....

Bounty is only needed where the law doesn't cut it. If the law and law enforcement can handle it, bounty is not required. If you do something that is against the law, then FacPo and CONCORD will take care of you. Bounty is for those cases where you did something and CONCORD/FacPo don't give a **** - say, you went full Awox, cleared out your corps hangars and murdered a bunch of blues on your way out.

The bounty system is broken, though. However, As of yet I have not seen a good suggestion on how to fix it, and I do not think there can be one. I do not see a reason to "kill" it either, though. It's not like it hurts anyone.


Right...if you've DONE something beside a "not liked nose".....

Possibility of giving bounty for no reason = kick it from servers,delete it,trample on it,falt it and scratch it into tiny pieces that slowly drift away.....
Soloman Jackson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2017-04-29 14:41:11 UTC
Elonaris Pokto wrote:

Crap and what comes out of the rear end of bulls......


Awwww! Cheer up Debbie Downer! It's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Maybe you should spread around some "Friendship Points"! You never know, you may find some friends that'll turn that frown upside down! Never say never!

Before you turn your nose at the idea, remember the old saying...

Don't knock it until you try it.

Good luck, I hope you find someone to pull you out of this funk. I will send you a care package of "Friendship Points" to get you started.

Don't thank me. It's my pleasure! o7

“The cold stars spun to the ancient rhythm, the august march of an everlasting symphony. They are old, the stars, and their memory is long.” -Rick Yancey

Elonaris Pokto
Doomheim
#15 - 2017-04-29 14:45:40 UTC
Soloman Jackson wrote:
Elonaris Pokto wrote:

Crap and what comes out of the rear end of bulls......


Awwww! Cheer up Debbie Downer! It's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Maybe you should spread around some "Friendship Points"! You never know, you may find some friends that'll turn that frown upside down! Never say never!

Before you turn your nose at the idea, remember the old saying...

Don't knock it until you try it.

Good luck, I hope you find someone to pull you out of this funk. I will send you a care package of "Friendship Points" to get you started.

Don't thank me. It's my pleasure! o7



some things you don't have to try to know what they are....the smell and the look are good enough for a decision..... :-)
Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#16 - 2017-04-29 15:05:38 UTC
Bounties are EvE likes.

OP, threads like this are a good way to beg for bounties, assuming you didn't know that.


Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Soloman Jackson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2017-04-29 15:05:46 UTC
Elonaris Pokto wrote:
Soloman Jackson wrote:
Elonaris Pokto wrote:

Crap and what comes out of the rear end of bulls......


Awwww! Cheer up Debbie Downer! It's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Maybe you should spread around some "Friendship Points"! You never know, you may find some friends that'll turn that frown upside down! Never say never!

Before you turn your nose at the idea, remember the old saying...

Don't knock it until you try it.

Good luck, I hope you find someone to pull you out of this funk. I will send you a care package of "Friendship Points" to get you started.

Don't thank me. It's my pleasure! o7



some things you don't have to try to know what they are....the smell and the look are good enough for a decision..... :-)


I can see this will take more than a bundle of "Friendship Points" to cheer you up! I'll contact a locator agent and bring the happiness right to you! I can clearly see you need a hug.

Don't worry! If and when your total of "Friendship Points" dwindles to nothing, I'll be right there to replenish! You are WANTED! Never forget that!

o7

“The cold stars spun to the ancient rhythm, the august march of an everlasting symphony. They are old, the stars, and their memory is long.” -Rick Yancey

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2017-04-29 15:28:08 UTC
Elonaris Pokto wrote:
no...simply no...there is no need for this crap.....

as long as you can give it to everyone without reason....

this should be restricted and had to be overviewed and to be released by an isd/gm and only if there is a reason above "i don't like him" behind....

You assume there is no reason ... you are wrong. There is always a reason to give a bounty. One reason is ... tears, and you seem to offer a lot of.

Maybe, when you calm down, you will realize that bounties have no further meaning than a "tip" in this game. But as said, as long as people like you keep freaking out about bounties, the mechanic contributes to the player driven world, which New Eden is.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#19 - 2017-04-29 15:38:51 UTC
Elonaris Pokto wrote:
Neuntausend wrote:
Elonaris Pokto wrote:
Bounty should be binded to a crime not to a dislike of a person.....

If you've done something against the law you deserve bounty,if not it's just an abused feature.....

Bounty is only needed where the law doesn't cut it. If the law and law enforcement can handle it, bounty is not required. If you do something that is against the law, then FacPo and CONCORD will take care of you. Bounty is for those cases where you did something and CONCORD/FacPo don't give a **** - say, you went full Awox, cleared out your corps hangars and murdered a bunch of blues on your way out.

The bounty system is broken, though. However, As of yet I have not seen a good suggestion on how to fix it, and I do not think there can be one. I do not see a reason to "kill" it either, though. It's not like it hurts anyone.


Right...if you've DONE something beside a "not liked nose".....

Possibility of giving bounty for no reason = kick it from servers,delete it,trample on it,falt it and scratch it into tiny pieces that slowly drift away.....

It's still a game, you know.

Remove standings and insurance.

Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#20 - 2017-04-29 15:46:04 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
You seem to be misinterpreting how the bounty system actually gets used. Every Bounty I've got is from *friends* not enemies.

If someone put a bounty on you it basically means nothing, and no one is going to come after you just for the bounty.


which is why the bounty hunting profession died.

1. bounty quit meaning you had to be a criminal which mostly lived in low/null and if the criminal got to where they could be in high sec you would consider ganking to claim it.

2. Bounty was switch to a % of the kill based on what they are in, keeps people from podding themselves when it gets big enough but also keeps people from considering actually hunting a target.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

123Next page