These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

Faction Warfare is F'd and something needs to be done

Author
Desmios Sanguis
Tax-Free Foundation
#1 - 2017-04-28 05:25:35 UTC
For the past 3 years (for the most part) gal/min have totally dominated amarr/caldari in faction warfare; it is getting to the point now where it is incredibly STUPID to even join calmil as you get -50% loyalty point gains, while galmil gets +75%.

I cannot join galmil as it would ruin my standings in space that I need jump clones.

Is everyone really OK with it being this 1-sided?
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-04-28 05:41:03 UTC
what's wrong with you?
you don't like the situation?

fight to change it.
pretty simple.
Lothros Andastar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2017-04-28 05:42:26 UTC
Factional Warfare needs to just be scrapped. It's a failed half-baked system.
Desmios Sanguis
Tax-Free Foundation
#4 - 2017-04-28 05:51:32 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
what's wrong with you?
you don't like the situation?

fight to change it.
pretty simple.


I'm assuming the first part is sarcastic.

Also, I have been fighting for 2-3 years to change it, guess how much progress we have made? we got to 0% once!!!
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2017-04-28 06:01:19 UTC
not my fault others put more effort than you Roll
losing is also part of the game :thinking:
Cybertherion
Sani Sabik Blood Bank
#6 - 2017-04-28 06:10:22 UTC
I had an old alt in fac war, and I kind of predicted this happening due to "racial stereotypes" so to speak. Gallente are all "yay freedom!" and Minmatar are all "swag n' hip hop". Amarr and Caldari on the other hand are all "fundie god-botherers" and "soulless super-corporation" so they just won't get any traction with today's ultra cool "don't tell me what to do" crowd player-wise or whatever.

I'd love to see the in-game player/race stats actually.

I only post here if EvE is offline. Which means my posts are never well timed.

EAT KRABSAK.

sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#7 - 2017-04-28 06:53:24 UTC  |  Edited by: sero Hita
Cybertherion wrote:


I'd love to see the in-game player/race stats actually.


Well, they are not exactly very hard to get. Ask anyone in a FW militia to access the FW window:


I have done it for you. sry about the format tried to fix it but the website undo the spaces I have put in (28-04-2017 06:46)

Statistics, Caldari, Minmatar, Amarr, Gallente,
Kills In the Last Week, 2.204, 779, 1.052, 2.455
Kills Total, 0,67M, 0,53M, 0,55M, 0,81M
Kills Yesterday, 239, 96, 158, 232
Pilots, 28,69K, 18,27K, 16,98K, 27,61K
Systems Controlled, 32, 49, 21, 69
Victory Points Last Week, 0,14M, 0,11M, 93,86K, 0,15M
Victory Points Total, 51,42M, 30,67M, 30,63M, 49,32M
Victory Points Yesterday, 16,96K, 11,96K, 13,40K, 20,28K

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

sero Hita
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#8 - 2017-04-28 07:05:58 UTC  |  Edited by: sero Hita
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
For the past 3 years (for the most part) gal/min have totally dominated amarr/caldari in faction warfare; it is getting to the point now where it is incredibly STUPID to even join calmil as you get -50% loyalty point gains, while galmil gets +75%.

I cannot join galmil as it would ruin my standings in space that I need jump clones.

Is everyone really OK with it being this 1-sided?

Caldari did just ROFL stomp Galmil in the beginning of this year (took fortess vlil, Eha and Nenn. that is quite an accomplishment), and was in T3 IIRC? It is not one sided and if you look at the statistics I posted, besides the number of systems taken, Cal and Gal look pretty equal.

What i actually think will be happening in the future with alphas and citadels, where controlling systems has no strategic value anymore, is that we will see a switch towards more farming. I.e. an uncoupling of farming and fighthing in fw systems, due to citadels working as homesystems. The warzone will be plexed in one direction by people farming with alphas, and then when the LP market inflate they farm the other side with free alphas. Calmil LPs took a hit, now gallente is hot. I think we wil see a shift to Calmil farming activity soon. This is ofc. only my opinion, supported by my own observations only. View them in this light

"I'm all for pvp, don't get me wrong. I've ganked in Empire, blobed in low sec. Got T-shirts from every which-where.. But to be forced into a pvp confrontation that I didn't want is wrong ccp." RealFlisker

Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#9 - 2017-04-28 07:40:40 UTC
Ive seen so many swings back and forth in FW and Sero has it pretty much right. In the early days T4 and T5 were common to swing to, especially minnies. Then itd get farmed back and forth quite a bit. Now you will often see two opposing farmer alts farming in a system keeping the index high but stable and then pushing for greater swings as cash out or real farming opportunities.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Chopper Rollins
hahahlolspycorp
Brave Collective
#10 - 2017-04-28 07:43:08 UTC
sero Hita wrote:
The warzone will be plexed in one direction by people farming with alphas, and then when the LP market inflate they farm the other side with free alphas. Calmil LPs took a hit, now gallente is hot. I think we wil see a shift to Calmil framing activity soon. This is ofc. only my opinion, supported by my own observations only. View them in this light


This.
Farming and the market in faction shinies are the determining factors here.



Goggles. Making me look good. Making you look good.

Cybertherion
Sani Sabik Blood Bank
#11 - 2017-04-28 07:52:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Cybertherion
sero Hita wrote:
Well, they are not exactly very hard to get. Ask anyone in a FW militia to access the FW window:


Thanks for that, but I'm AFK playing while I wait for a better comp. I was however meaning "in general", as in how many players are what in-game race.

I only post here if EvE is offline. Which means my posts are never well timed.

EAT KRABSAK.

Sitting Bull Lakota
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#12 - 2017-04-28 07:57:59 UTC
I get the feeling that alt farms wasn't what CCP had originally envisioned for faction warfare.
In F&I, a lot of ideas and proposals get shot down by posters coming up with the most exploitive possible action being used to undermine the op.

Too bad CCP didn't put up an FW proposal thread, huh?
Maybe we wouldn't have these swarms of stabbed frigates that I keep reading about.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#13 - 2017-04-28 08:05:19 UTC
Sitting Bull Lakota wrote:
IToo bad CCP didn't put up an FW proposal thread, huh?
Maybe we wouldn't have these swarms of stabbed frigates that I keep reading about.

Unfortunately, lowsec/FW changes aren't on the roadmap for the near future, so despite the best efforts of Sugar Kyle while she was on the CSM, and other lowsec CSM representatives, it's probably a while off before CCP implement anything significant, but I'm sure when they do, they'll get plenty of input of changes.

However, stabbed frigates are integral to FW. As a neutral in lowsec it's frustrating, but the FW mechanics rely of PVE as much as they do on PVP and plexing is just something FW members have to do.

Those of us looking to pvp are probably always going to whinge, but that won't change anything. FW members still need to plex offensively/defensively and that isn't a PVP focused activity (in terms of pew pew).
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#14 - 2017-04-28 09:00:26 UTC
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2017-04-28 13:20:11 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Stabbed frigates are essential to FW experience.


almost as force reacon in the medium!Cool
Buggs LeRoach
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2017-04-28 14:39:01 UTC
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
what's wrong with you?
you don't like the situation?

fight to change it.
pretty simple.


I'm assuming the first part is sarcastic.

Also, I have been fighting for 2-3 years to change it, guess how much progress we have made? we got to 0% once!!!


flying a stabbed , gunless button-orbiter is hardly fighting .. Big smile
Verlyn
Minmatar Secret Service
Ushra'Khan
#17 - 2017-04-28 15:10:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Verlyn
Desmios Sanguis wrote:
For the past 3 years (for the most part) gal/min have totally dominated amarr/caldari in faction warfare; it is getting to the point now where it is incredibly STUPID to even join calmil as you get -50% loyalty point gains, while galmil gets +75%.

I cannot join galmil as it would ruin my standings in space that I need jump clones.

Is everyone really OK with it being this 1-sided?


Just another moaning amarrian pleb. Nothing to see here.

Amarr were at our doorstep only a month ago and all the way to Tier 3, all the way up to Resbroko and now we've seized everything back and they're having a hard time in their own backyard.

Tides change, get with it.

KthxBye.
Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#18 - 2017-04-28 15:13:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
The problem in faction war comes from it's beginning.

I joined the Gallente Militia the very 1st day of Faction War (with another character, Cassus Rex, only had one account back then). It was great, and other than a few roams into null with buddies, it was my 1st real PVP experience. I even recklessly whelped fleets and padded the Squids killboard FC'd a little lol.

But it was a huge money sink. Getting blown up even in cheaper ships is expensive. And FW missions were awful for making isk back then. So I would go run regular high sec Level 4 missions only to find out that, for various reasons, being in the Militia corporation was bad for mission running. So I'd have to leave GalMil to make isk then get back into GalMil to have fun. Rinse and repeat.

I was one of the people saying that Faction Warfare needs some rewards, some kind of way to be self sustaining without having to constantly leave FW. I left FW for null after about 5 or 6 months. Eventually CCP did add much better rewards for FW stuff..

And then human nature took over.

ANYTIME you add 'money' to anything, that thing WILL be corrupted, it will be gamed for advantage, and there is zero you can do about it. FW is perpetually screwed because we (the 1st FW generation so to speak) asked them to increase the rewards to "make being in FW worthwhile". It was an eye opening experience for me, it's one of the ways in game that I learned to be careful what you wish for.
Verlyn
Minmatar Secret Service
Ushra'Khan
#19 - 2017-04-28 15:14:14 UTC
Lothros Andastar wrote:
Factional Warfare needs to just be scrapped. It's a failed half-baked system.


And Fozziesov isnt ?

lmao
Salt Foambreaker
Greedy Pirates
#20 - 2017-04-28 15:14:23 UTC
sero Hita wrote:
Cybertherion wrote:


I'd love to see the in-game player/race stats actually.


Well, they are not exactly very hard to get. Ask anyone in a FW militia to access the FW window:


I have done it for you. sry about the format tried to fix it but the website undo the spaces I have put in (28-04-2017 06:46)

Statistics, Caldari, Minmatar, Amarr, Gallente,
Kills In the Last Week, 2.204, 779, 1.052, 2.455
Kills Total, 0,67M, 0,53M, 0,55M, 0,81M
Kills Yesterday, 239, 96, 158, 232
Pilots, 28,69K, 18,27K, 16,98K, 27,61K
Systems Controlled, 32, 49, 21, 69
Victory Points Last Week, 0,14M, 0,11M, 93,86K, 0,15M
Victory Points Total, 51,42M, 30,67M, 30,63M, 49,32M
Victory Points Yesterday, 16,96K, 11,96K, 13,40K, 20,28K


There you go again, mudding the waters with facts Big smile
123Next page