These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

A Question

Author
#1 - 2017-04-26 01:04:33 UTC
You may wonder why I'm starting a thread where only the new kids are supposed to post. Well...I believe they will find the answer helpful.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

So here we go.

I have characters that were subbed at one time or another. I also have characters that have only ever been PLEXed. When I add a PLEX to the non-subbed characters, I can see the days left until I'm back to Alpha. When I add a PLEX to a previously subbed character it shows me nothing.

If I don't load up thirty days of skills right away, I tend to end up adding more later and having no idea if I'm under the wire or not. It's happened a few times with characters I don't use often that I've lost up to ten days of training because it dropped to Alpha well before the training was up.

Here's the question. Is there a way to change some setting (In acct management, maybe?) to reset the character to a non-subbed state so that my time left will show up on them?

Mr Epeen Cool
#2 - 2017-04-26 03:06:08 UTC
I've looked all over for some sort of 'days remaining' as well and thought maybe I was blind.. Would be a super nice feature if it's missing!

@lunettelulu7

#3 - 2017-04-26 03:28:02 UTC
Lulu Lunette wrote:
I've looked all over for some sort of 'days remaining' as well and thought maybe I was blind.. Would be a super nice feature if it's missing!

Agreed. They must do that for a reason, but I can't figure out why. I only use evemon now just to tell me how long I have left. Weird how characters having only ever been subbed or plexed making a difference in remaining time notification.



Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2017-04-26 03:55:55 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Mr Epeen wrote:


Here's the question. Is there a way to change some setting (In acct management, maybe?) to reset the character to a non-subbed state so that my time left will show up on them?

Mr Epeen Cool

Well, maybe I'm misunderstanding the question but if you log into your Account Management page it should show you the account status. Doesn't matter if you use the 'Log In' option on the right or the 'Account' drop down menu on the left and select 'Account Info', they both will take you to the same page.

For example I have 2 accounts, one is Alpha and the other is Omega.

After logging in my Alpha Account Username and Password, the Account Management page shows :

Quote:
Subscription and payment

Account Type
Alpha Account

Your Omega subscription expired on 17 March 2016


After logging in my Omega Account Username and Password, the Account Management page shows :

Quote:
Subscription and payment

Account Type
Omega Account

Current Subscription
12 Month EVE subscription - Paying with Credit Card

Next Billing Date
07 November 2017 - 7:36 pm UTC (in 195 days)


If I canceled my subscription, I believe the Omega Account status will still show how much time is left on the Account. So basically I could just make a sticky note of when the Account is going to expire and tack it onto my computer or just mark the date on a Calendar, either way I'll definitely know when my Omega Account expires.



DMC
#5 - 2017-04-26 04:03:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
What I'm talking about, DeMicheal, is in game.

A PLEX only acct shows time left when you look at your character stats, whereas a previously subbed character shows nothing. While I could certainly log in to acct management, it's not very convenient. It would be much easier if when you were PLEXing it showed time left in game for both previously subbed and "virgin" accts..

Plus I have currently 22 characters to keep track of. That would be a lot of alt/tabing just to log in each on acct management when I'm running through them to see which are due for PLEX.

Mr Epeen Cool
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2017-04-26 04:14:46 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Ahh, an in-game notification to show amount of Omega Account subscription time. That would definitely be nice.

I've been hit in the past with lost training time from not knowing the exact expire time which caused my account to become unsubbed due to lack of funds on my Credit Card.

Course back then there wasn't Alpha or Omega Clone status so I quickly realized the situation when I wasn't able to log in.

Mr Epeen wrote:

Plus I have currently 22 characters to keep track of. That would be a lot of alt/tabing just to log in each on acct management when I'm running through them to see which are due for PLEX.

Mr Epeen Cool

Shocked

Well, you wouldn't have to log in all 22 characters since each account has maximum of 3 characters. That roughly equals about 8 accounts. Unless you're talking about only having 1 character per account then yeah, I understand .................

But still there's the ole notepad / mark it on a Calendar option, right ?

Blink



DMC
#7 - 2017-04-26 05:11:17 UTC
evemon says when my sub is up ingame its frustrating as it does for some of my accounts but not others :<

I've tried donating plex, or contracting it over and activating on account, neither seems to do any difference.

the whole alpha clone thing seems to have messed with that part of the code as accounts don't actually expire any more.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

#8 - 2017-04-26 05:26:30 UTC
@DeMichael. I should have said accts. And I should have said 23 (Just counted 'em in the launcher). Granted, not all of them are Omegas at any one time, but most of them have actively training characters on them. I already have them listed out in notepad with their associated names, passwords and characters just in case the game does one of it's periodic crash and wipes, so I guess I could just make a new list for skills and keep it updated.

On the other hand, I could take a few hours and load them all into Evemon as has been mentioned. Though I thought it had gone, for some reason. Which is why I haven't tried to download it since building this new computer.

That's probably easier, come to think of it, than trying to remember to update a list in notepad.

Mr Epeen Cool
#9 - 2017-04-26 05:58:13 UTC
I have an excel file that tracks... 36 accounts, for their skill queue end dates. I know, I know its outside the game.. but it is fully automated, and can be checked within the hour.

http://eveonline-third-party-documentation.readthedocs.io/en/latest/xmlapi/account/account_accountstatus.html
paidUntil datetime The date until which the account is currently subscribed

With a bit of VB magickry, excel can do this and do some bold highlighting, color warnings, etc.

I used to use an app for Android err.. something like TimeLeft for a countdown timer in days, but this excel thing really streamlined things up since I can mold it to my liking.
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2017-04-26 10:24:34 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
You may wonder why I'm starting a thread where only the new kids are supposed to post.

Well you are Mr Epeen. So I just kind of figured that it's all about you.

Seriously though, wouldn't this be more likely to get traction over in Features and Ideas?

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

#11 - 2017-04-26 10:27:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Zarek Kree
I thought that information was buried somewhere in-game and I was just missing it. Nice to know that I'm not actually blind.

My work around has always been the Neocom app for iOS. It shows a "paid until" date (along with days remaining) for each character and itt works for either PLEX or subscription. I largely live off of that app and the "paid until" date is right on the home screen, so it's always in front of me.
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2017-04-26 10:47:23 UTC  |  Edited by: DeMichael Crimson
Mr Epeen wrote:
@DeMichael. I should have said accts. And I should have said 23 (Just counted 'em in the launcher).

Mr Epeen Cool

Shocked

23 accounts !!!

I've always known half of the characters in Eve were alts, just never thought they all belonged to you.

Big smile



DMC
#13 - 2017-04-26 13:06:37 UTC
Clearly it's CCP coding quality at its finest. Maybe the Little Things team will get around to fixing it, in a couple years.

Until then, I use the in-game calendar or notepad apps to keep track of it in-game. I use the calendar for the actual date, and the notepad to write notes to myself about WTF I'm trying to skill up to and when to remap.
#14 - 2017-04-26 14:39:16 UTC
23 accounts...36 accounts... Oh my. Some of you folks are running little industrial going concerns or something, aintcha?



#15 - 2017-04-26 15:15:06 UTC
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:
23 accounts...36 accounts... Oh my. Some of you folks are running little industrial going concerns or something, aintcha?
What can I say? When CCP changed to Alpha/Omega they restarted all the accts I had created over my decade in this game.

Only four of mine are newer than 2012, and only two are new accts.

Mr Epeen Cool
#16 - 2017-04-26 15:50:05 UTC
Been playing for about two months and I've got *counts* eight characters across one Omega and four Alpha accounts. My main account has three which was a mistake. I'll probably spin off one of those characters into their own Omega account. Amazon had a $5 sale so I've got two more 1-month Omegas to figure out what to do with Shocked

FYI if you've been following the API forum there's some speculation that the latest API (ESI) will not divulge clone state so when and if the XML and CREST ones go poof 3rd party apps will no longer have direct access to that information. They may or may not be able to derive it if they have access to the skill queue timers.



#17 - 2017-04-26 16:11:21 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:
23 accounts...36 accounts... Oh my. Some of you folks are running little industrial going concerns or something, aintcha?
What can I say? When CCP changed to Alpha/Omega they restarted all the accts I had created over my decade in this game.

Only four of mine are newer than 2012, and only two are new accts.

Mr Epeen Cool

geeze, so how many times did you train the learning skills Lol

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

#18 - 2017-04-26 16:47:31 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:
23 accounts...36 accounts... Oh my. Some of you folks are running little industrial going concerns or something, aintcha?
What can I say? When CCP changed to Alpha/Omega they restarted all the accts I had created over my decade in this game.

Only four of mine are newer than 2012, and only two are new accts.

Mr Epeen Cool

geeze, so how many times did you train the learning skills Lol
Let's just say I have a lot of unallocated SP and leave it at that. Too many bad memories.

Mr Epeen Cool
Working Stiffs
#19 - 2017-04-26 17:53:39 UTC
EvEmon reports days remaining.

However, multi-character training is not. That's probably an API issue.
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2017-04-28 12:29:00 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
EvEmon reports days remaining.

However, multi-character training is not. That's probably an API issue.

Thanks for mentioning that, makes it even easier to know when sub is going to expire.



DMC




Forum Jump