These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Pre-game Rituals or even Superstitions?

Author
Lulu Lunette
Savage Moon Society
#1 - 2017-04-22 14:59:22 UTC
Hi. Smile

When I first started Eve Online, Guardians of the Galaxy movie had been out on Blu-Ray for a bit and I watched it over and over and just absolutely loved everything about it. Had the soundtrack and started working on collecting all of the comics and my internet history must have gotten the marketing robots to point me at Eve Online, which I had tried and failed already once before but I wanted to make myself as a Guardian of Galaxy - with his mix tapes and whatnot so a sort of ritual was started. I've got a few Lulu playlists I listen to on my way home from work to sort of get into the mood for Eve Online. I have to feel immersed and in-character or this game is just pretty boring and stupid otherwise lol

Unrelated but maybe sort of related, I read stories of NHL players that will do things like tape up the left leg first and then the right leg every, single time ever since they were mites because the one time they did it wrong they had a terrible day or something. Anyone here do weird Eve stuff? Put your gamer goggles on before the gloves? P

@lunettelulu7

Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-04-22 15:08:17 UTC
nothing strange.

usual things i would say:
- check forum and troll a little here and there
- check kb and troll in the comments
- check reddit
- finally log in :D and start spinning ships... cuz... undocking in 2k17 lel
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#3 - 2017-04-22 17:00:39 UTC
Free time that I don't want to waste on other games is only requirements to log in...to play the game...anything from coffee to actually wanting to play something that evades me lately.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#4 - 2017-04-22 17:45:21 UTC
nothing special:

-check forums
-check alliance kb
-grab a drink
-do the incantation

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#5 - 2017-04-22 17:53:18 UTC
Used to be that if I didn't have a Cuba Libre the size of Cleveland made with Bacardi 151 before logging in I actually risked docking with the same ship I left the station with.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#6 - 2017-04-22 19:25:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
I dont have any, i suppose I dont need any. Just playing. 🤷

But I used to wear a captain hat when doing some missions in high sec long time ago. That was kind of immersion thing, I even have a ship still named like the name of ship on the hat, and hat is still on the shelf. 👒
Aedaxus
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2017-04-22 20:34:19 UTC
I saw the movie Aliens. Got trauma from seeing the Xenomorph smash the pilot's head, bodd splattering on the cockpit window...

EVERY TIME I make a ship active, I thoroughly check all storage spaces for xenomorphs.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#8 - 2017-04-22 21:46:20 UTC
Ironically its customary for most people to have habits of some sort. Even before playing Eve. Even though it wouldnt be called a ritual if you look you will begin to notice that most of you will DO a certain pattern. Like a wake up routine or how you will eventually start work or whatever. You dress in the same order, shower or bathe and go through the same order of events. Its the most efficient for humans so you can ingrain it into muscle memory like rote.

This is what causes the brain to ironically think something is "wrong" if you do something out of order. Autistic people have this exact pattern of life so ingrained they freak if it is out of place. Though its not the only portion of Autism, it is one of the main OCD activities to do with it.

But yeah I guess I do and its mundane though. Mostly coffee or water. Sit down and forums, RL news online, in game news and logging in my guys, saying hello, doing the upkeep I normally do. Usually an hour or so before I actually play play.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#9 - 2017-04-23 02:10:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Epeen
My pre-game ritual is to log in to WOW for five minutes. There's no better incentive for logging in here than the reminder of how God awful other popular MMOs are.

Mr Epeen Cool
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#10 - 2017-04-23 03:19:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Liafcipe9000
There is always a cloaked Proteus next to you if you are in Wormhole space.

The god of wormholes, Bob, takes dictors as worthy sacrifices. Sabres especially. As long as you make sacrifics to Bob, you will be awarded with dank killmails and plenty of krabbing.

All paths lead to K162.
Gimme Sake
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2017-04-23 09:39:08 UTC
Sit inside a circle made of white pigeon feathers and pluck a black chicken while humming loot fairy's mantras.

"Never not blob!" ~ Plato

Cybertherion
Doomheim
#12 - 2017-04-23 10:46:58 UTC
When I was active I'd hotlink a killmail but redirect it into a rickroll to let people know I was in system. Not exactly "pre-game", but more "pre-come".

I only post here if EvE is offline. Which means my posts are never well timed.

EAT KRABSAK.

Haile Korhal
Professional Amateurs
#13 - 2017-04-23 20:48:03 UTC
Back when we lived in Toby, every day before we would deploy several billion isk in capitals and T3s to go run sites and pvp, we would sacrifice a mining barge in His name and say a little prayer in local for good luck. Surprisingly, every day we sacrificed a barge we had great luck, and if we had bad luck it was because we forgot the ritual sacrifice. Odd.

Egregious Spreadsheet Services - For Spreadsheets as a Service to businesses, corporations, and higher, look no further!

Aiwha
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2017-04-23 23:06:38 UTC
I open my cargo, and check my ships fuel bay.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Pix Severus
Empty You
#15 - 2017-04-24 02:30:39 UTC
I have a morning ritual that I'd like to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

Cybertherion
Doomheim
#16 - 2017-04-24 03:13:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Cybertherion
Mr Severus that is genius.

I'm really hoping I can get a good comp soon. I literally have a massive woolen cape (think Darth Vader pre low ground) that both attracts instant applause and pure terror when I strut around in it. I'm fairly sure once I'm over my AFK phase I'll warm up to playing by making Bushes of Love my anthem while twerking in my spacegoth gear.

EAT KRABSAK.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#17 - 2017-04-24 16:50:06 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:
I have a morning ritual that I'd like to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

But if you really party the night before you start your day like Reese.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Eleonora Crendraven
Global Communications AG
#18 - 2017-04-24 17:47:18 UTC
- Check forums for threads like this one and smile Smile
- Think about something useful (mor or less) to write.

Get a BIG cup of coffee.

https://twitter.com/gcAG_EVE

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Eleonora_Crendraven

≡⋁≡

Conrad Makbure
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2017-04-24 18:12:34 UTC
After losing a few ships while drunk, the intergalactic insurance parent corporation was granted an injunction against me and I now have to blow into this "interlock" device that's hooked up to my computer. If I don't do this, I can't undock. Damn.

I now have to blow less than a .08 BAC level to undock and run missions. For some reason though, if I click "PVP" I can skip this interlock... strange.
Cybertherion
Doomheim
#20 - 2017-04-25 01:52:27 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
But if you really party the night before you start your day like Reese.

"Hmm, pew pewing robots and cyborgs is hard, think I'll travel back in time and become my best friend's dad"

(Wakes up naked and looks at photo of Sarah)

"Giggity."

EAT KRABSAK.

12Next page