These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Nomination for Journalism Award for Ret Gloriaxx

First post
Author
Julianus Soter
Blades of Liberty
#1 - 2017-04-10 01:14:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Julianus Soter
Following the Kyonoke Inquest and crisis onboard H4-RP4, I feel it absolutely necessary and essential to nominate Ret Gloriaxx, from the Galactic Hour, with Ret Gloriaxx, and his staff, for the University of Caille Award for Journalism Excellence.

Ret and his crew performed incisive, comprehensive journalism under extreme threat of harm and death, as active gun battles, outbreak of Kyonoke Plague, intergalatic conspiracies, and other chaos raged around them.

They deserve our full support for their excellent performance under these conditions. We could not have as effectively communicated our situation to the Cluster without them, and the voice of the baseliner would have been lost in the din of capsuleer politics.

Moira. Corporation CEO, Executor, Villore Accords, @Julianus_Soter https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001634/

Saint Michaels Soul
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#2 - 2017-04-10 09:27:32 UTC
Seconded. Here here.
Thomas en Gravonere
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2017-04-10 09:40:51 UTC
Seconded as well, his work was brilliant.
Tarek Raimo
Eleutherian Guard
#4 - 2017-04-10 10:01:32 UTC
Although I prefer a more level-headed approach to journalism I agree that Ret Gloriaxx and his team went above and beyond the call of duty and definitely deserve the recognition.
Loai Qerl
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#5 - 2017-04-10 11:31:22 UTC
Ret! :D <3 <3 <3 I saw him take his sunglasses off, once. Just once. It became immediately clear that he wears them to protect the unwary from accidental exposure to that much focused journalism. I support this!
Cyrillian Voth
Nova Haven
#6 - 2017-04-10 14:19:03 UTC
I wholeheartedly endorse this nomination. Although his style is not to everyone's taste, Ret and his team produce one of the more objective news programmes of The Scope network, and their courage and professionalism on this dangerous assignment fully deserve recognition.
Utari Onzo
Escalated.
OnlyFleets.
#7 - 2017-04-10 15:03:56 UTC
It's a rare day indeed when I can agree to something that comes out of Soter's mouth.

"Face the enemy as a solid wall For faith is your armor And through it, the enemy will find no breach Wrap your arms around the enemy For faith is your fire And with it, burn away his evil"

Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#8 - 2017-04-10 15:30:59 UTC
I do have one question: how in all the worlds did such an ... intense ... journalist remain unaware that something was a little strange about the woman carrying his camera? I mean, she did blend in pretty well, but it seems like there should have been hints somewhere, considering that by the start of Day 2 she'd recently been shot.

Are there things I'm missing about how that all played out?
Umbre Fallenstar
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2017-04-10 15:43:00 UTC
RET GLORIAXX FOR THE WIN!!! \o/

Cool
Padre Aldan
Gemini Talon
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#10 - 2017-04-10 18:58:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Padre Aldan
With such entertaining journalistic instincts, I believe it is only right and just that Ret Gloriaxx and his dedicated and hard-working team should be nominated, for this, one of the highest journalistic excellence awards in New Eden.

Sometimes, as capsuleers, we forget (or simply cease to care) that our actions have consequences across systems.

Ret and his teams' reporting reminded myself of this vital point.

Well played, baseliners, well played.
Jin'taan
xDECOYx
DECOY
#11 - 2017-04-10 19:37:40 UTC
As a member of the Council of Stellar Management, I can only endorse the work he has done to bring attention people of all colours, creeds and classes to the issues of our time. Bravo.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#12 - 2017-04-10 19:41:19 UTC
While I found his style distasteful, and the insults nigh slanderous, I have to join my fellow delegate in endorsing his work.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#13 - 2017-04-10 19:47:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Aria Jenneth
Steve Ronuken wrote:
While I found his style distasteful, and the insults nigh slanderous, I have to join my fellow delegate in endorsing his work.

I ... kind of agree. I guess. Though I admit he kind of struck me as a very dense cloud of ego in sunglasses more than a journalist.

Also he was about as apolitical as a giant green banner imprinted with the Federal eagle and embroidered with the words, "Freedom Forever, Long Live the Federation!"

I think I've seen more nuanced, objective journalism from NOH. Routinely.

... Most of the credit I'd give him, really, was for turning up at such a dangerous event in the first place, but I kind of got the feeling he was barely aware there was a chance he might die, even if he did bring up the fact that we "immortals" were being given undue power over the fates of fragile, mortal people like him every chance he got.
Tarek Raimo
Eleutherian Guard
#14 - 2017-04-10 20:28:51 UTC
Aria Jenneth wrote:

I ... kind of agree. I guess. Though I admit he kind of struck me as a very dense cloud of ego in sunglasses more than a journalist.

Also he was about as apolitical as a giant green banner imprinted with the Federal eagle and embroidered with the words, "Freedom Forever, Long Live the Federation!"

Obviously "The Galactic Hour" is a program which caters to a demographic that values sensationalist hyperbole over substance, but it apparently takes a reporting team as driven as this one to go the extra mile and stay on the story when others would long have fled the scene due to safety concerns. To honour this dedication and not inflate the ego of Ret Gloriaxx even further I would amend my commander's motion and propose to grant the award to the program as a whole rather than its anchorman.
Jezaja
turaagaq
#15 - 2017-04-10 20:32:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jezaja
A man - a journalist - an ideal. Charismatic, incorruptable, best informend. Ret Gloriaxx is the right person for this award!

Honoring Ret Gloriaxx for his fearless commitment during the Kyonoke-Outbreak, is honoring every single achievement a progressive society stands for: Liberty, freedom of speech and the brave decisiveness to speak for those, who live in peril, dictatorship and a continous state of opression through old-fashioned archetypes!

I support this nomination!

Broadcast4Reps!

www.giantsecurecontainer.de

Deutsches EVE Blogpack: www.eveblogs.de

Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#16 - 2017-04-10 22:07:47 UTC
Tarek Raimo wrote:
Obviously "The Galactic Hour" is a program which caters to a demographic that values sensationalist hyperbole over substance, but it apparently takes a reporting team as driven as this one to go the extra mile and stay on the story when others would long have fled the scene due to safety concerns. To honour this dedication and not inflate the ego of Ret Gloriaxx even further I would amend my commander's motion and propose to grant the award to the program as a whole rather than its anchorman.

Good points. That seems like a better idea.
Julianus Soter
Blades of Liberty
#17 - 2017-04-10 22:18:00 UTC
Whichever it is, the award is much deserved.

Moira. Corporation CEO, Executor, Villore Accords, @Julianus_Soter https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99001634/

Alan Mathison
Signal Cartel
EvE-Scout Enclave
#18 - 2017-04-10 22:48:00 UTC
For my ISK, I'd vote for Cyrillian Voth and Elinari Rhodan of "The Discorse"

-- Alan Mathison, Explorer & Industrialist, Star Tide Industries

Aria Jenneth
Khimi Harar
#19 - 2017-04-10 22:51:48 UTC
Alan Mathison wrote:

Eeeee! Yes!
Cyrillian Voth
Nova Haven
#20 - 2017-04-10 23:46:25 UTC
Alan Mathison wrote:

Inordinately flattering as this suggestion is, the UoC award for journalism has always been given to baseliners for doing baseliner journalism in dangerous circumstances, and I see no reason why this august tradition should change. The Galactic Hour brought these critical events to the attention of the wider cluster, and their reporting helped to focus delegates' attention on the mortal lives we had gathered to protect. They did fine work.

(Also honestly I think after settling this latest round of embarrassing lawsuits over the "Exotic Fedo" incident, Ret could probably use the money.)
12Next page