These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Structure Timers

Author
Hello Meow Kitty
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2017-04-07 18:37:53 UTC
I'd love for this to be fixed. For a game that talks a lot about destruction I find it odd theres a 7 day timer to blow up a structure.
Lothros Andastar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-04-07 19:23:19 UTC
They are there by design, to stop PL (or us :P) from just going around in a 500man capfleet and killing hundreds of structures in 1 evening.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2017-04-07 21:04:49 UTC
Lothros Andastar wrote:
They are there by design, to stop PL (or us :P) from just going around in a 500man capfleet and killing hundreds of structures in 1 evening.

Tower timer capped at 1 days and 16 hours (might be off by some hours) used to let people organize their defense without enabling AUTZ tanking while also preventing us and PL from wiping a region in an evening unless everyone somehow forgot to stront everything.
Gosti Kahanid
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#4 - 2017-04-07 21:27:42 UTC
I asked Fozzi during the Structure roundtable about that topic. He said that they want to protect smaller corps with this, to make sure they can find people to defend their structures... He also brought another reason regarding the whole invul-timetable you can set, but didn´t really understand what he meant with this...
Milla Goodpussy
Garoun Investment Bank
#5 - 2017-04-07 21:33:24 UTC
the structures overall need a balance pass

point defenses need to be completely reworked along with a range bonus.. yes I said range otherwise you can just sit outside its range and cause it to drain cap

the wpns.. the wpns are a complete total joke.. lets not kid here, ccp obviously didn't care and was so concerned about them not being overpowered that a citadel cant even fight a small gang on its on.. unless of course you're in a keepstar.. everything else can just fly away like all their good ideas'

fighters are a complete total mess.. who thought up that crap..

comparison between POS and structure.. still has a long way to go.. its cheaper to have a POS compared to a citadel ccp cant even figure out the proper fair calibration of rigs and its fuel consumption rate on its service modules properly

sov holders do not even get proper DED notification of one being deployed in their system... so yeah.. spam null sec with this crap.

sov holders do not even get a fuel bonus to citadels as they do for POS.. yet ccp claims the citadel will replace everything a pos has.. what a joke.. I wonder how come lightening hasn't striked them down yet.. ijs..

when are we getting skins for citadels.. now why they trying to hide it.. we all can easily assume these are coming.. if I can get a skin for a shoe how come I cant for a citadel? if they just showed a freaking avatar with a skin to indicate its half mimatar and amarr.. how come they leaving out the citadels... aka... Chitadels.

t2 rig cost... lol.. overpriced,, too expensive to have.. only for the big boys I guess, yet eve is for the small corps/alliance.. right.. yet they wont touch the loot tables on salvage to assist with gathering enough to build T2 rigs on L and XL level.

then finally we get to the timers and that mess can so easily be set up to avoid conflict or grief.. which goes back into deployment issues they need to look out.. how in the world could these guys design this mess and not think anyone would just set up a citadel (of any type) 1k off a regional gate.. no limitations, no restrictions, no security status needed, no standings required.. you can basically just put this anywhere you want.. great thinking... let them all burn!
Fish Hunter
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2017-04-07 21:59:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Fish Hunter
Hello Meow Kitty wrote:
I'd love for this to be fixed. For a game that talks a lot about destruction I find it odd theres a 7 day timer to blow up a structure.

I'd rather leave the destruction part alone and make it harder to set up the structure initially. there's a 15 min window to kill an anchoring structure right? Why isn't this larger. Especially when that 15 min window can land inside downtime unless i'm missing something.

Also probably should be changed to require fuel to provide tether and repair outside.

My alliance holds no sov but the no fuel reduction for sov is silly.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2017-04-08 00:38:00 UTC
Timers should get smaller the larger your corp/alliance is.

Long timers = small corps
Short or no timers= massive corps/alliances. You have people to defend. Use them.

Or just buff citadel's and structures so they can defend against fleets. A port should be able to repel ships outside it unless it's a serious assault.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#8 - 2017-04-08 00:43:03 UTC
Hello Meow Kitty wrote:

Why?
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2017-04-08 01:01:05 UTC
Fish Hunter wrote:
Also probably should be changed to require fuel to provide tether and repair outside.

My alliance holds no sov but the no fuel reduction for sov is silly.

I can get behind this. Throwing down a 600m station is something almost everyone can do now. There needs to be some upkeep cost associated with keeping the lights on even for the most basic functionality.

No fuel = no tether, repair. I'd even take it a step further and say that no fuel also means no shield reinforcement timer. That solves two problems at once, because it also tackled the problem of abandoned structures being littered everyone that no-one wants to clean up.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2017-04-08 05:08:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Infinity Ziona
Hello Meow Kitty wrote:

The timer issue is a big problem for EvE. Its hardly what you would call "sandbox". The main issues are

1. The alliances refuse to recruit a balanced global playerbase. The Americans want Americans and the Europeans Europeans etc.
2. The game is now based around long term ownership of assets in space and the idea of going back to a more dynamic conflict based system is alien and scary to the alliances.
3. There are a few groups like PL / Goons who have managed to retain huge amounts of isk and supercaps from EvE's historical flaws and failings and because those ships require no upkeep or maintenance they can be mothballed and used to blap for years, anything that doesn't have a timer on it.

We need EvE II, with mechanics in place to prevent some of these problems from cropping up in the future.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Marika Sunji
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2017-04-08 09:41:50 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
The alliances refuse to recruit a balanced global playerbase. The Americans want Americans and the Europeans Europeans etc.

I am sorry, but what exactly are they supposed to be doing? Recruiting people that you can play with (because they are active when you are and not, for example, when you are in the middle of your work day), is only natural, and forcing people to recruit across all timezones is a bizarre idea to say the least. People aren't doing it on their own (because there is no point) - how is forcing them to do it 'sandbox'?