These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Invulnerability timer display when undocking?

Author
The Larold
This is an anagram of itself.
#1 - 2017-03-31 18:12:22 UTC
I have heard there is an approximately-10-second invulnerability timer when we undock from a station that goes away when we do something like warp or activate a module.

Would it be possible to display this timer graphically on-screen?
Bjorn Tyrson
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2 - 2017-04-01 04:57:21 UTC
I could have sworn that it used to be displayed. And then it went away some time in the past 2 years.

Would love to have it back
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#3 - 2017-04-01 05:11:29 UTC
The timer is ~30 seconds.

There is a "session timer" (see: a timer that prevents you from performing certain "major" actions like docking or jumping to allow the server(s) to sync properly) in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
It lasts for 10 seconds (used to be longer) and should appear as a subtle little "hollow" circle that winds down to nothing.

Generally speaking...

- the invulnerability timer is intended to give your computer to load the environment without being "surprised"
- you should not be using all 30 seconds of that time to gauge your environment. And even if you do, as long as you do not perform any hostile/aggressive action, you can immediately redock.
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#4 - 2017-04-01 06:00:17 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
I could have sworn that it used to be displayed. And then it went away some time in the past 2 years.

No, the 30 second undock invul timer has never been displayed.

Since the gate invul timer appeared, there's been a lot of threads requesting the same be added for the undock timer; and it's a good idea.

The only timer that shows when you undock is the 10 second session change timer.