These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE: Adapting to a world here the bar is being set too low?

Author
Wot I Think
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-09-16 21:06:42 UTC
When was the last time anyone released an MMO that was complete?
I can't name one.

When was the last time any game company released a patch that wasn't immediately followed by two to three hotfixes?
I can't name one.

CCP is a product of it's environment, the bar has been set too low for the industry as a whole.

Add on to this the following:

We want a "SANDBOX" game.
We want a "SCI-FI" game.
We want a "True PVP" game.
We are approximately 100-200k players

Ok, so there is a whopping total of ONE game company in the entire world who is developing what we want.

Community Action Plan (CAP):
+ Reading DevBlogs as a requirement for posting on the fourms.
+ Posting the same complaints in multiple threads should be reportable.
+ An Offical "Feedback" forum established (CCP will need to do this)

Any complaints should be restricted to the feedback forum, this would allow general discussion to be freed up for... general discussion =P

Respect the CAP,
Wot I Think

Patch Gatsby
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2011-09-16 21:35:37 UTC
I think Wot makes a couple of good points. As a gamer and as gaming consumers I feel we have been too forgiving to developers for putting out poorly tested, low quality product. I feel like this is the biggest problem with Eve. I really like Eve, but it would be so much better if before more CQ stuff is put out, all the old content is either fleshed out and debugged or removed. If there are areas that seemed like a good idea in the past but aren't now, just admit it and remove the content. Don't leave a bunch of half finished stuff in the game. I would love to see a feedback area. I really want to help CCP make the game better with constructive criticism and solutions. There is too much bashing and whining on the forums, but I think that has a lot to do with the player community's frustration at not feeling like they are being heard. Players put a lot of their FREE time into Eve. I know it's not fun to have your customers on your back so much, but we only do it because we like the game and want it to be the best it can be.