These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Isn't it time for a sub-forum for Mercenary groups? What to call it?

Author
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#1 - 2017-03-22 18:20:57 UTC
I harken back to the Crime and Punishment days of olde™ where tales of piracy, capers, and revenge would unfold.

But for the past couple of years all I see if mostly "MERC". It's getting ridiculous.

Since merc groups are a thing in Eve, as always, and considerably an honorable profession for players, why do they not get their own sub-forum? Hiring of mercs is not necessary a crime, nor a punishment. Heck it's based on wardec mechanics and nobody has to lose sec status over it.

Where exactly is the crime?

Give mercs their own sub forum, and give that sub forum a good name. Piggy-backing on the C&P forum is beneath them. Yes it would be the first sub-forum dedicated to a profession, but what profession in Eve has ever been so dedicated?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Dark Lord Trump
0.0 Massive Dynamic
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2017-03-25 23:47:20 UTC
Hiring mercenaries is pretty punishing for your target. If it's not, you need better mercenaries.

I'm going to build a big wall that will keep the Gallente out, and they're going to pay for it!

Valkin Mordirc
#3 - 2017-03-26 01:58:29 UTC
Trolol.

Also C&P is a wonderful place as it is.

But honestly if you really want C&P to go back pre 2013.

Lets just roll back on some of the Nerfs that hit Highsec then yeah?

Also for how much, people and you, complain about mercs like they are crime...
P
#DeleteTheWeak
Herzog Wolfhammer
#4 - 2017-03-26 06:13:42 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Trolol.

P

Where have I complained about mercs? I never even been shot by one. Not even when I started in 2006. But thank you for taking the time to show the usual single minded brainlessness of the degenerate eve player of today.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Valkin Mordirc
#5 - 2017-03-26 15:03:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Trolol.

P

Where have I complained about mercs? I never even been shot by one. Not even when I started in 2006. But thank you for taking the time to show the usual single minded brainlessness of the degenerate eve player of today.

You and Dravaclad, or how ever your buddy name is spelled have constantly been the most vocal people against wardecs/ganking/awoxing I've seen on the forums as of late. And why are we even talking about being shot by one?

Aaaaand again. You're just trolling.
#DeleteTheWeak
Herzog Wolfhammer
#6 - 2017-03-27 03:37:39 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Trolol.

P

You and Dravaclad, or how ever your buddy name is spelled have constantly been the most vocal people against wardecs/ganking/awoxing I've seen on the forums as of late. And why are we even talking about being shot by one?

Aaaaand again. You're just trolling.

Nope. Not trolling.

Thanks for the credit of being "most vocal". But if you could actually read we never tried to get those things removed. I challenge you to show a post to that effect. But chances are you are from that generation that had participation trophies so I don't expect effort from you.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Valkin Mordirc
#7 - 2017-03-27 04:21:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Nope. Not trolling.

Thanks for the credit of being "most vocal". But if you could actually read we never tried to get those things removed. I challenge you to show a post to that effect. But chances are you are from that generation that had participation trophies so I don't expect effort from you.

I never said you wanted removal of those features, nor do I expect to find any sort of post saying said system should be removed. =3

I said just against. And your welcome, different idea's from different people are always a good thing.

But it's funny how you consider being against something, translates to completely and utter denial of said system.

Funny too, that you keep adding in context that isn't there. IE, being shot by a merc, or saying aspects of the game should be removed, me being from a certain generation. You seem to be adding your own personal bias and forming a personal visual of what is said, not what you read.

Funny how you double backed on yourself, implying you've never complained about mercs and such, then in the very next post. You thank me for saying you're a vocal contender against them.

It's also funny how defensive you are becoming over your idea, and being told it doesn't need to happen. I've not said once insult, but you've showered me with insults from every post. Kinda overly aggressive about wanting a subthread, honestly.

Which shows that you are a troll, which isn't an insult. Just purely an observable fact.
#DeleteTheWeak
Herzog Wolfhammer
#8 - 2017-03-27 06:36:51 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

Nope. Not trolling.

I never said you wanted removal of those features, nor do I expect to find any sort of post saying said system should be removed. =3

I said just against. And your welcome, different idea's from different people are always a good thing.

But it's funny how you consider being against something, translates to completely and utter denial of said system.

Funny too, that you keep adding in context that isn't there. IE, being shot by a merc, or saying aspects of the game should be removed, me being from a certain generation. You seem to be adding your own personal bias and forming a personal visual of what is said, not what you read.

Funny how you double backed on yourself, implying you've never complained about mercs and such, then in the very next post. You thank me for saying you're a vocal contender against them.

It's also funny how defensive you are becoming over your idea, and being told it doesn't need to happen. I've not said once insult, but you've showered me with insults from every post. Kinda overly aggressive about wanting a subthread, honestly.

Which shows that you are a troll, which isn't an insult. Just purely an observable fact.

What makes me wonder is how hard you try right now over something nobody is supposed to care about.

Or maybe the joke is you taking everything you are feeling right now and projecting. You painted on heck of a tapestry there.

Then you go into the "you insulted me" mode. Expected. I bet now you think you are justified in anything you say and do now that you are the victim.

Oh well. As I recall, you are one of the "usual crowd" around here. If you don't like my idea, you need to deal with it.

Mercs should have their own forum. C&P used to be interesting. Now it's "MERC" all over the place. Boring as hell. But maybe your ilk complained your way to this point.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Valkin Mordirc
#9 - 2017-03-27 07:33:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
I did deal with it.

You want C&P to go back to the way it was? Turn back Highsec to the way it was. Something I said in the beginning. Why? Because those post were created by less safe Highsec when people who wanted to be no good. Could be.

Something you ignored because you were upset your feelings got hurt because you got called out on a poor troll.

And if you really want to see what it's like when I do try and paint a really tapestry I would go back to Archetype Merc thread and watch what I did to Sol Epoch. But since you find them a bore you probably missed it. It's a hilarious and painfully slow meltdown from Sol.

But you don't really care about that. You just want a personal annoyance to be pushed away so you don't have to see it. Because despite all the tripe and hogwash you been throwing out about how I am the basic millennial, you are the one who can't even defend his own idea and cherry picks and projects.

The worst part about it, is that you probably don't even know you're doing it. People get so infused with there idea's they become imaginary body armor. You think your idea is stable and bullet proof but really you're just holding a piece of shattered glass.

Also since I am the only posting here, asides from you. People don't give a damn about your idea. And why should they? It's nitpicky, hypercritical, and overly personalized and literally is just something you thought up on a whim and posted here because you actually think CCP cares about your idea's

Because if you actually put any sort of thought into it, you would not have posted it here.

And I'm only posted because I see a troll rolling around in his own arrogance.

And I like to argue. Something we both obviously have in common.

EDIT also if you actually look at the first page of the thread, you have,

2 post about theft, BB and Sear playing with his Epeen,
7 post about suicide ganking
7 active merc advert threads.
2 dead merc threads (ISH-STARS and P45)
1 CSM post
1 Video by VMG could be considered an advert,
3 posts for bounties, (Holeysheet, POS and one actually merc request)
1 Scam thread
1 New player question thread (Which pretty much involved ganking and Rookie system protection)
1 post a list of VMG alts,

So the Merc adverts don't even take up the majority,

Do you really. Like full on honestly question want C&P to be about nothing but ganking?
#DeleteTheWeak
Herzog Wolfhammer
#10 - 2017-03-27 21:05:51 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
I did deal with it.

You want C&P to go back to the way it was? Turn back Highsec to the way it was. Something I said in the beginning. Why? Because those post were created by less safe Highsec when people who wanted to be no good. Could be.

Something you ignored because you were upset your feelings got hurt because you got called out on a poor troll.

And if you really want to see what it's like when I do try and paint a really tapestry I would go back to Archetype Merc thread and watch what I did to Sol Epoch. But since you find them a bore you probably missed it. It's a hilarious and painfully slow meltdown from Sol.

But you don't really care about that. You just want a personal annoyance to be pushed away so you don't have to see it. Because despite all the tripe and hogwash you been throwing out about how I am the basic millennial, you are the one who can't even defend his own idea and cherry picks and projects.

The worst part about it, is that you probably don't even know you're doing it. People get so infused with there idea's they become imaginary body armor. You think your idea is stable and bullet proof but really you're just holding a piece of shattered glass.

Also since I am the only posting here, asides from you. People don't give a damn about your idea. And why should they? It's nitpicky, hypercritical, and overly personalized and literally is just something you thought up on a whim and posted here because you actually think CCP cares about your idea's

Because if you actually put any sort of thought into it, you would not have posted it here.

And I'm only posted because I see a troll rolling around in his own arrogance.

And I like to argue. Something we both obviously have in common.

EDIT also if you actually look at the first page of the thread, you have,

2 post about theft, BB and Sear playing with his Epeen,
7 post about suicide ganking
7 active merc advert threads.
2 dead merc threads (ISH-STARS and P45)
1 CSM post
1 Video by VMG could be considered an advert,
3 posts for bounties, (Holeysheet, POS and one actually merc request)
1 Scam thread
1 New player question thread (Which pretty much involved ganking and Rookie system protection)
1 post a list of VMG alts,

So the Merc adverts don't even take up the majority,

Do you really. Like full on honestly question want C&P to be about nothing but ganking?

To make highsec the way it was, we have to make destroyers the way it was, and remove those later battle cruisers that that can field battleship sized guns.

We would also have to remove jump freighters so they can't lol-cyno direct to nullsec.

Now as for the forums ultimately there was once a time when this thread would have scrolled out in two days. And there was also a time when C&P, before the merc invasion, would also scroll a thread out in a day or two.

Perhaps you are right, it would be about nothing but ganking, which is nothing but the game after all these years.

But you like your nice dead Eve forums I see. But then I could also suggest there be no more forums and CCP just maintain the /r/eve and save a few bucks.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#11 - 2017-03-27 22:51:54 UTC
C&P is the place where our posts are because that's generally where people who've been wronged tend to go looking for an implement of retribution.

Forums 2nd edition is getting retired soon™ (tippia won) well have to see what they replace it with.
Valkin Mordirc
#12 - 2017-03-28 03:16:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
Yeah with the new forums who knows what'll happen.

Merc threads are not the the reason C&P is dull and dead. Which I'll totally concede and say you're right it's pretty ******* dead, but that's really the forums in general. But stashing away the merc threads somewhere else isn't going to help that.

and **** reddit.
#DeleteTheWeak
Herzog Wolfhammer
#13 - 2017-03-28 03:30:42 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
C&P is the place where our posts are because that's generally where people who've been wronged tend to go looking for an implement of retribution.

Forums 2nd edition is getting retired soon™ (tippia won) well have to see what they replace it with.

Thanks Ralph.

Your opinion on the matter has value.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Herzog Wolfhammer
#14 - 2017-03-28 03:31:49 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
Yeah with the new forums who knows what'll happen.

Merc threads are the the reason C&P is dull and dead. Which I'll totally concede and say you're right it's pretty ******* dead, but that's really the forums in general. But stashing away the merc threads somewhere else isn't going to help that.

and **** reddit.

I'm no big fan of Reddit either. I try to like it. It just does not work.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!