These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Playerbase nationality / geographic location - query

First post
Author
Isengrimus
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#1 - 2017-03-22 12:27:58 UTC
Hi,

I've been wondering recently if CCP still monitors & publishes statistics as to the nationality / geographic location of the playerbase. I vaguely remember some breakdowns were published back during the previous FanFests - but it was some 3 - 4 years ago or even more. So, I am wondering if the recent changes and introduction of Alpha / Omega clones influenced this. Is there any statistics available? I was googling for it and could not find anything.
Lord Harrowmont
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2017-03-22 13:30:49 UTC
Well the website still uses Site Analytics so I guess so, they might not publish the data as often.
Isengrimus
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#3 - 2017-03-24 12:17:44 UTC
Lord Harrowmont wrote:
Well the website still uses Site Analytics so I guess so, they might not publish the data as often.

Bump? Anyone chance for some comment from the CCP / ISD? It is really interesting - not only for the developers, but for the fellow players too.
Salvos Rhoska
#4 - 2017-03-24 12:45:27 UTC
No doubt CCP knows, but it could be construed as releasing private data on clients.
Isengrimus
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#5 - 2017-03-24 12:56:15 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
No doubt CCP knows, but it could be construed as releasing private data on clients.

If it's aggregated? I don't think so (unless there is exactly one player from one particular country, but that's easily overcome by putting a threshold on, say, countries with at least 10 players).

In addition, there were such statistics released before. If it became a problem then sure, just would want to know the arguments, could see if they are possible to counter (EU lawyer with quite a lot of data privacy experience here :D ).
Salvos Rhoska
#6 - 2017-03-24 13:47:43 UTC
Isengrimus wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:

If it's aggregated? I don't think so (unless there is exactly one player from one particular country, but that's easily overcome by putting a threshold on, say, countries with at least 10 players).

In addition, there were such statistics released before. If it became a problem then sure, just would want to know the arguments, could see if they are possible to counter (EU lawyer with quite a lot of data privacy experience here :D ).

Well if you are an EU lawyer with experience on this, I will defer to your view.

That they where released before, was in a different legal and social climate.

Id love to see the stats too, but Im just running through why CCP may not have released them.
Plus it gives data for purposes of timezone activity, although its a bit far fetched.
ISD Eshtir
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#7 - 2017-03-24 16:10:58 UTC
I reached out to CCP. But this is no promise they will share the data. ;-)

ISD Eshtir

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons

Interstellar Services Department

Alexander Bor
Polaris Global
#8 - 2017-03-24 17:12:45 UTC
ISD Eshtir wrote:

thx
Isengrimus
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#9 - 2017-03-27 12:56:51 UTC
ISD Eshtir wrote:

Great, many thanks!
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#10 - 2017-03-27 14:38:48 UTC
Cool, had this exact same query a while ago and got no response.Big smile

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.