These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Inventory display regarding m3

Author
Kangar Roo
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-03-20 16:28:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Kangar Roo
This might be kinda small, but it would help a lot.

When I have my Orca's Ore hanger open, and it's only covering 1/8th of my screen, and I click on a stack of ore, the window that shows the size of that object shifts left, which means I can see the size of the hold (which I already know), and may show the total amount of ore in my hold, but the size of the object is shifted beyond the window, which is the number I wanted to see.

So, it looks like this

[84) 149,204/180,000 m3]

The 84 is the end of "36,084", but I can't see that because the window is too narrow.

How about instead of shifting this window right, which moves the most variable number out of the window, shift the text left pushing out the total size of the hold, which is the most fixed number? I sometimes have a similar issue with station containers.

(Yes, I know I can make the window bigger, but I only have so many square inches to work with.)
Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#2 - 2017-03-20 23:35:12 UTC
Can't say I've ever had this problem (or noticed it through needing to know the size of a stack) but it's a good call. Justify from the first character in a cargohold size text string not the last.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

Cade Windstalker
#3 - 2017-03-21 02:38:11 UTC
I'll be honest, I was expecting BS, but this actually makes a fair amount of sense. You might also consider posting this in the Little Things thread and maybe pinging CCP Karkur on Twitter if you can. This seems like right up her alley.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#4 - 2017-03-21 10:47:34 UTC
You have a good point there!

Maybe they could even put a pop up text window there that appears when you hover over it, so it isn't obtruded.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Kangar Roo
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2017-03-21 11:47:06 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
You have a good point there!

Maybe they could even put a pop up text window there that appears when you hover over it, so it isn't obtruded.

Do you mean the window that doesn't actually tell you how many M3 the item is?