These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Macintosh

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

To Do list for CCP/Transgaming - Stuff that windows client has, that we don't

Author
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#1 - 2011-09-16 21:01:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Adrenalinemax
Launcher tool - For both TQ and SiSi

Full screen windowed mode

Multiple monitor spanning

Infinitely adjustable window size

Jukebox - Sorta kinda fixed, but not really

AA and the "Other" graphics setting used simultaneously

Startup in windowed mode requires going through full screen and taking over the machine for quite a few seconds before you regain control

I will update as more features get added to the windows client that somehow get missed when they make the Mac client

EvE Voice - OK, fixed, works well - sort of, still get log out of audio chat - but logging back in doesn't crash the client/computer anymore.
Rees Noturana
Red Rock Mining Company
#2 - 2011-09-16 21:15:44 UTC
Jukebox is mostly fixed. I believe the final solution involved not knowing exactly when a song ends so it sometimes just fades into the next a bit early. Nice compromise on what sounded like a tricky issue.

_ _

Manssell
OmiHyperMultiNationalDrunksConglomerate
#3 - 2011-09-17 07:09:58 UTC
The Jukebox is mostly fixed... unless you try to play any of your own music in it, then it is completely borked and crashes the client in loud beeping (in know itunes, but I play full screen). I think it has to do with a mp3 encoder that has to be updated in cider? but that seems it will cost them real life isk so...

Eve voice is shot, but we've know that for a loooong time too.

It seems CCP is also brushing off the performance difference as inherent to the mac client being run in cider. Wether that's true or not? Other than that I think most of the problems are actually with the cider package, which CCP really has no control over.

Strangely I have brand new macbook pro and I get a message in the customization screen that says my grfx card is out of date. I know Macs are a bit behind the curve but really???

matarkhan
ConHugeCo
Rusty Stargazers
#4 - 2011-09-28 19:45:42 UTC
Adrenalinemax wrote:
Startup in windowed mode requires going through full screen and taking over the machine for quite a few seconds before you reg

This drives me mad. I appreciate that there's now a way to start Eve in Windowed mode without editing a properties file, but OMG does this drive me nuts sometimes, especially on a disco.

I'm thinking it's on purpose -- you get discoed, and think, "To the forums!" So you open your browser and start typing, and then WHAM, Eve takes over your screen again, lulling you back to your happy place.

Clevar.
Toovhon
Oook. Oook.
#5 - 2011-09-29 23:37:37 UTC
I've reported Eve Voice broken on the Mac side (disconnects constantly, requiring me to disable and re-enable voice to get it back) for years now with support requests and bug reports. CCP actually pawns me off on the company that made this VoIP technology Shocked or tries to say it's on my end.

Well when I can use all other standalone VoIP like Skype and Mumble just fine, the problem is Eve's. Not mine.

Mid-2007 24" 2.8GHz iMac, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256MB VRAM, OS X 10.6.8
Akira Zendragon
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-10-01 15:56:45 UTC
Yesterday I finally managed to hammer SwitchResX into accepting a super-wide resolution that allows me to span two monitors, but it was annoying as hell.

Multi-monitor span, adjustable size and a true full-screen windowed mode would me most welcome.

FYI, I have a 20" iMac that runs 1680x1050 with a second monitor on 1280x1024, and got SwitchResX to accept a 2320x1000 resolution to extend the client into half of the second monitor and not get the bottom chopped off.
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#7 - 2011-10-18 21:52:30 UTC
I have eve voice turned off, need input as to wether or not it is actually fixed.

The rest of the list still needs some love
Oz Bathana
Travellers Aid Society
#8 - 2011-10-19 19:29:00 UTC
Akira Zendragon wrote:
Yesterday I finally managed to hammer SwitchResX into accepting a super-wide resolution that allows me to span two monitors, but it was annoying as hell.

Multi-monitor span, adjustable size and a true full-screen windowed mode would me most welcome.

FYI, I have a 20" iMac that runs 1680x1050 with a second monitor on 1280x1024, and got SwitchResX to accept a 2320x1000 resolution to extend the client into half of the second monitor and not get the bottom chopped off.

How did you do this, and are you running under Lion? SwitchResX stopped accepting my custom resolutions (the status stays at "Not installed") when I upgraded to Lion.
ariana ailith
Dukalin
#9 - 2011-10-20 14:53:08 UTC
Manssell wrote:
The Jukebox is mostly fixed... unless you try to play any of your own music in it, then it is completely borked and crashes the client in loud beeping (in know itunes, but I play full screen). I think it has to do with a mp3 encoder that has to be updated in cider? but that seems it will cost them real life isk so...

Set up spaces, put iTunes in another space (so its not visible behind eve) and it works fine... Atleast for me...
I have a latest model iMac 27" with Mac os Lion
Akira Zendragon
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2011-10-22 08:39:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Akira Zendragon
Oz Bathana wrote:
Akira Zendragon wrote:

How did you do this, and are you running under Lion? SwitchResX stopped accepting my custom resolutions (the status stays at "Not installed") when I upgraded to Lion.

Try deleting the preferences file fr.madrau.switchresx.daemon.plist in ~/Library/Preferences (You should stop the SwitchResX daemon first).

If that fails, uninstall it (use CleanMyMac or AppZapper or something like that), reboot and reinstall it.

Edit: And yes, I'm running Lion. I used it on Snow Leopard to do 1680x1000, but only tried the super wide on Lion
Manssell
OmiHyperMultiNationalDrunksConglomerate
#11 - 2011-10-23 17:51:50 UTC
ariana ailith wrote:
Manssell wrote:

Set up spaces, put iTunes in another space (so its not visible behind eve) and it works fine... Atleast for me...

Ah thanks. I always forget about spaces.

I also found out that the Dre headphones will control iTunes even when it's behind Eve, but that's a really expensive solution for most people.
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#12 - 2011-10-29 13:19:03 UTC
Well, it won't be long before my 10 accounts become inactive.

I want to wish the Mac EvE gaming community the best of luck dealing with CCP, you will need it.

Feel free to shout at the top of a mountaintop when they get off their dead asses and make a real mac client, complete with Open GL. Don't worry, I am NOT holding my breath.

Peace out
Oz Bathana
Travellers Aid Society
#13 - 2011-11-02 04:14:26 UTC
Akira Zendragon wrote:

Try deleting the preferences file fr.madrau.switchresx.daemon.plist in ~/Library/Preferences (You should stop the SwitchResX daemon first).

If that fails, uninstall it (use CleanMyMac or AppZapper or something like that), reboot and reinstall it.

Edit: And yes, I'm running Lion. I used it on Snow Leopard to do 1680x1000, but only tried the super wide on Lion

Brilliant, thank you! Deleting the 4 preference files starting with fr. (all related to SwitchResX) allowed me to create the custom resolution that then became active after a reboot.
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#14 - 2011-11-14 14:20:26 UTC
What are the odds any of this gets looked at for the winter expansion?

Native client?? LOL - I can't even type that without snickering out loud
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#15 - 2011-11-28 19:41:13 UTC
bump....so we all don't forget
Adrenalinemax
Lap Dancers
Brothers of Tangra
#16 - 2011-12-05 23:09:18 UTC
BTT so CCP doesn't forget us LOL :(
ariana ailith
Dukalin
#17 - 2011-12-12 08:31:03 UTC
Akira Zendragon wrote:

You can't use 2 completely different size monitors and expect it to work... Just saying.

Atleast use 2 monitors that have the same height/width (16:10) and the same resolution.
ariana ailith
Dukalin
#18 - 2011-12-12 08:33:16 UTC
Manssell wrote:
ariana ailith wrote:
Manssell wrote:

Ah thanks. I always forget about spaces.

I also found out that the Dre headphones will control iTunes even when it's behind Eve, but that's a really expensive solution for most people.

For me alt tab works ok, also i have my iPad set up next to the iMac with Apples "Remote" so i can control iTunes. Remote is free in the app store. Also for iPhone/iPod.