These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Linux

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EvE Linux linstall script on debian testing not working

Author
noXza
Ubiquitous Hurt
The WeHurt Initiative
#1 - 2017-03-16 16:12:38 UTC
Hello there!

I just switched to Linux full time and wanted to run the linux "native" launcher, and i got the tar downloaded, extracted it, tried to launch the script(after chmod) and nothing happens, no errors no nothing, just a blank line

Any ideas what to do?
Sylde Nafel
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-03-17 11:51:46 UTC
Try to launch "evelauncher.sh" from a terminal and see if it will display any error message.
If it won't start, try downloading the tar again.
Adara Starkiss
Argentum Holdings
#3 - 2017-03-17 12:34:58 UTC
From a terminal I usually launch it with: (while being on the same folder)

./evelauncher.sh

After all is installed, to execute the launcher to play then I do ALT + F2 (Run application) and:

evelauncher/evelauncher.sh

Hope it helps...

Ubuntu Mate 16.04.2 64bit // Amd A8-5600K with RX460 4GB // 6GB DDR3 // Sandisk 120GB SSD Plus // Wine Stable 2.01 // Native Linux Launcher // TS3 working // Happy to be back in Ubuntu :)

noXza
Ubiquitous Hurt
The WeHurt Initiative
#4 - 2017-03-17 17:33:06 UTC
I cd'ed into the folder and did ./evelauncher.sh multiple time, i've redownloaded it multiple times etc, nothing happens.

As soon as i press enter after i have writte ./evelauncher.sh

nothing happens, just a blank line, no error messages, nothing.

Which is really weird, normally there would be an error message or something

Debian Severasse
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2017-03-18 02:52:10 UTC
I just ran into this one also....have had all of it working until yesterday & now I'm getting the launcher just hanging.....

I'll take some time tomorrow & see what was installed in the last 48 hours that could have caused this. Running Debian Sid.

"Let's nobody be dead today----Looks very bad on my report" One of my favorite lines from AVATAR :) Linux User# 395230

Debian Severasse
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2017-03-18 03:22:34 UTC
OK---Old issue "cropped" up again....libcrypto & libssl need to be setup in your evelauncher folder. Thread is here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6858907#post6858907 Install libssl.so.1.0.0 & libcrypto.so.1.0.0 to the folder & symlink them to the plain .so file (I.E.--libssl.so.1.0.0 > libssl.so for example) & then retry your install.......I had a problem with BOINC in my SID install & had reinstalled libssl which "b0rked" my install of EVE.... You will need to go back a bit in the debian repos to get the files & then just open them with Archive Manager .... If you need help....PM me & I'll point you the right way.

"Let's nobody be dead today----Looks very bad on my report" One of my favorite lines from AVATAR :) Linux User# 395230

noXza
Ubiquitous Hurt
The WeHurt Initiative
#7 - 2017-03-21 16:09:26 UTC
Debian Severasse wrote:
OK---Old issue "cropped" up again....libcrypto & libssl need to be setup in your evelauncher folder. Thread is here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6858907#post6858907 Install libssl.so.1.0.0 & libcrypto.so.1.0.0 to the folder & symlink them to the plain .so file (I.E.--libssl.so.1.0.0 > libssl.so for example) & then retry your install.......I had a problem with BOINC in my SID install & had reinstalled libssl which "b0rked" my install of EVE.... You will need to go back a bit in the debian repos to get the files & then just open them with Archive Manager .... If you need help....PM me & I'll point you the right way.

thanks for the explanation, been a bit busy irl so ill get around to it real soon hopefully!

Will pm if i can't figure it out :)