These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Concerns over Plex changes

First post
Author
Smuff Gallente
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-03-17 03:11:47 UTC
i have been playing EVE now for many year's with Plex only. i am to poor to be able to pay the 16 dollars a month with a credit card. my concerns are that By changing the way plex works you will drive the prices through the roof beyond the manageable 1.1 1.2 bil. CCP Said that the Price is likely to not change that month how ever they cant guarantee that.
Nasar Vyron
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2 - 2017-03-17 03:40:50 UTC
Prices will likely see a comparable drop at first as player's AURUM (re)enters the market. However, what seems to have eluded most people is that the comparable prices on everything will fluctuate harder than before due to the simple .01 isk game we all play. For now it is no longer .01 isk on a single month plex, but .01 isk on 500 mini-plex. This means for every .01 isk game a person plays, it's really 5 isk. And now we will also have more people buying plex because it's more within their grasp than having to save up the entire amount which will also drive price up at a faster rate.

Just let that sink in and you'll understand why the comparable prices will inevitably fluctuate more than before after this change goes through.


All that said, it's going to be a great time to be one selling PLEX going forward.
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2017-03-17 04:42:40 UTC
It's a disaster.
They're gonna have to reimburse all sorts of scams when people don't know.about this change and buy one of those plexes for normal plex price.
And the vault means you can never get one as a drop from a transporter which takes money out of circulation.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#4 - 2017-03-17 04:49:56 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
It's a disaster.
They're gonna have to reimburse all sorts of scams when people don't know.about this change and buy one of those plexes for normal plex price.
And the vault means you can never get one as a drop from a transporter which takes money out of circulation.

Ironically the upside is no more "RMT fail" comments from Jita ganker plex kills on zkill. Seeing as there will now be no reason to transport plex the likelihood of any shadiness with these killmails will be almost nil. Now for CCP to do this with extractors or injectors and Id say that cash cow would be gone entirely.Twisted

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Ronnie Rose
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2017-03-17 04:50:50 UTC
Nasar Vyron wrote:
Prices will likely see a comparable drop at first as player's AURUM (re)enters the market. However, what seems to have eluded most people is that the comparable prices on everything will fluctuate harder than before due to the simple .01 isk game we all play. For now it is no longer .01 isk on a single month plex, but .01 isk on 500 mini-plex. This means for every .01 isk game a person plays, it's really 5 isk. And now we will also have more people buying plex because it's more within their grasp than having to save up the entire amount which will also drive price up at a faster rate.

Just let that sink in and you'll understand why the comparable prices will inevitably fluctuate more than before after this change goes through.


All that said, it's going to be a great time to be one selling PLEX going forward.


I get it. CCP's proposal is to break up today's single PLEX to 500 mini-PLEXes. That means the new mini PLEX will be 500th of the value of what PLEX is running for.

So the math is simple 1,000,000,000 (estimated market value) / 500 = 2,000,000 ISK. So when one has their PLEX converted to mini PLEXes and has 500 of them, then post to the market 2,000,000.01 for each mini PLEX that's equals to 5 ISK should they all sell (2,000,000.01 x 500 = 1,000,000,005 ISK).

It stands to reason the smaller PLEX units will sell quicker under the illusion its more affordable. It's like taking a pack of cigarettes and selling each cigarette for a dollar. Cheaper than the whole pack, but in the long run costing more than buying a single pack (20 cigarettes, 1 dollar for each cigarette equals 20 bucks, when a pack runs like 7 bucks). This will create more demand for the mini PLEX driving higher prices, but I believe in the long run it will price out players like the OP who rely on making ingame ISK to pay for PLEX on the market. Sure that player will be able to "afford" the smaller PLEX denomination, but in the long run it will cost them more. Consequently, the price of commodities and items will also increase.

I bet the new mini PLEX will settle to about 2,200,000 ISK

We're not here to change the game, we're here to change YOUR game

Nasar Vyron
S0utherN Comfort
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#6 - 2017-03-17 04:53:29 UTC
@Ronnie Rose

On the nose.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Primus Inc.
LEGIO ASTARTES ARCANUM
#7 - 2017-03-17 04:59:56 UTC
Yes Ronnie, there is more financial upside to raising plex costs from 2-4mil, effectively making a plex be 2bil isk and having people whine less simply because they dont understand what happened. In the long term its gonna be brutal.Twisted

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

YeuxVerts Belle
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#8 - 2017-03-17 08:17:19 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Seeing as there will now be no reason to transport plex


There are reasons to transport plex these days? Beyond providing giggles, i mean.

The above message presents my opinions on the topic at hand. If there is a conflict between my views and reality, consider reality to be correct until proven otherwise.

Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#9 - 2017-03-17 08:26:54 UTC
YeuxVerts Belle wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Seeing as there will now be no reason to transport plex


There are reasons to transport plex these days? Beyond providing giggles, i mean.

Laundering RMT money.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2017-03-17 08:29:49 UTC
so is one plex worth 1.5 hours of playtime or do you still need min 500
if it is then i dont see the point
Gregorius Goldstein
Queens of the Drone Age
#11 - 2017-03-17 09:24:14 UTC
If CCP used the new mini-PLEX as loot, for events or random rewards of any kind the price may even go down. Wait and see.

Smuff Gallente wrote:
i have been playing EVE now for many year's with Plex only. i am to poor to be able to pay the 16 dollars a month with a credit card. my concerns are that By changing the way plex works you will drive the prices through the roof beyond the manageable 1.1 1.2 bil. CCP Said that the Price is likely to not change that month how ever they cant guarantee that.

Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#12 - 2017-03-17 09:29:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Mieyli
Isn't CCP pretty much creating a second currency with PLEX, sure aurum existed but it was always awkward. By changing AUR into plex an plex into 500 plex that people can hold in an invincible wallet.

Players will be able to buy plex points while prices are low to hold onto until prices are high. If people thought plex was where the market speculation was at, well it's just got a whole lot more interesting. Prices will surely go up though as more plex leaves circulation and fills player wallets.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2017-03-17 10:41:10 UTC
tbh the reason plex price goes up is because isk is easier to get
buying plex is just like putting money in a bank
you get interest from your savings equal to inflation
it works because this game is just a carebear game now

ccp promote pve discourage pvp
carebears farm causes isk inflation
plex prices go up because too much isk in circulation
people buy plex because it sells for more isk
ccp makes money

ccp makes money from carebear galaxy all content is dead
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#14 - 2017-03-17 12:21:09 UTC
JC Mieyli wrote:
tbh the reason plex price goes up is because isk is easier to get
buying plex is just like putting money in a bank
you get interest from your savings equal to inflation
it works because this game is just a carebear game now

ccp promote pve discourage pvp
carebears farm causes isk inflation
plex prices go up because too much isk in circulation
people buy plex because it sells for more isk
ccp makes money

ccp makes money from carebear galaxy all content is dead

bounty prizes roughly doubled over the last year according to the econ blogs. between cap ratting, incursions, and burner missions it is just so easy to make isk, also injectors provide an extra reason to grind. saving up 10b+ or whatever to buy a character was a large investment, much easier to buy a few injectors and spread it out.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

ISD Max Trix
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#15 - 2017-03-17 12:23:05 UTC
Please leave all feedback about the future changes to the PLEX system here : https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=514314&find=unread

ISD Max Trix

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE mails about forum moderation.