These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

noctis or not want to be noctis no more

Author
#1 - 2017-03-15 21:59:02 UTC
looks like the noctis and the porpoise want there old name back http://prnt.sc/ekg42j http://prnt.sc/ekg6wk
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2017-03-15 22:10:55 UTC
Just lazy texture work. :)

I think the Vulture also has "F3RX" written on it somewhere. Can't check right now.
Working Stiffs
#3 - 2017-03-15 23:14:58 UTC
Check the Primae.
#4 - 2017-03-16 01:38:11 UTC
More than the name I think the Noctis wants its role back...
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2017-03-16 01:57:41 UTC
Drake Aihaken wrote:

I wasn't aware the Noctis had a role change.

DMC

#6 - 2017-03-16 02:10:46 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Drake Aihaken wrote:

DMC

CCP's patches have mysterious and imprevidible powers Cool
#7 - 2017-03-16 03:47:13 UTC
If I recall, the Primae was originally a PI transport, though even when it got released people saw little need for it over a regular hauler. I still remember some even complaining about that because "it's useless", like the Primae was the first gimmick to have ever been added to Eve, right?

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

#8 - 2017-03-16 04:15:13 UTC
I had a Primae once just for kicks.
The-Culture
#9 - 2017-03-16 09:25:39 UTC  |  Edited by: March rabbit
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Drake Aihaken wrote:

At some point it was looting and salvaging ship. Now its role is taken by MTUs. What's left for poor Noctis? What?

Sobaan Tali wrote:
If I recall, the Primae was originally a PI transport, though even when it got released people saw little need for it over a regular hauler. I still remember some even complaining about that because "it's useless", like the Primae was the first gimmick to have ever been added to Eve, right?

If my memory serves me well it was third 'very special' ship with pretty limited role added to the game.
1. Zephyr - pretty little yacht which could be used as bait for WHs (it was ignored by sleepers). Anyone knows if it really was used this way?
2. That green frigate hacking ship which was made especially to hack Incursion sites. Anyone knows if it was used this way?
3. Primae.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

#10 - 2017-03-16 09:34:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Soel Reit
The Noctis is an AT Ship.
As such, you buy it and spin it!
Never undock ~ Never bait tank noctis ~

What's the most rare ship you have in your hangar after having played for so many years this game?
A Noctis ~

FC can i bring a Noctis?

Pls Ignore This Post, it's still too early in the morning.
#11 - 2017-03-16 09:43:04 UTC
March rabbit wrote:

1. Zephyr - pretty little yacht which could be used as bait for WHs (it was ignored by sleepers). Anyone knows if it really was used this way?

judging from this post https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6871483#post6871483
it is
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2017-03-16 09:58:28 UTC
I think the noctis is a good ship and has a great role, it's just that there are no sites that produce enough wrecks to be worth docking up and changing into one.
#13 - 2017-03-16 11:10:30 UTC
Mission runner used to have alts, specifically dedicated to flying a Noctis and salvaging. Back then,tho, salvaged material prices were about 10 times higher and PLEX was 1/2 of its current value.
One could argue it still has a use when you don't want anyone to be able to probe down your MTU, as it can warp away with some amount of haste and cloak. Not sure that justifies a price tag of 80m, tho, unless you are really in a hurry.
#14 - 2017-03-16 13:55:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Algarion Getz
The Noctis is good at its role. A maxxed out Noctis can clear a field of wrecks in no time. The problem is that it is slow and squishy. Its tank is paper thin, which makes it very risky to use outside of highsec. If you pay ~90 mill for a fitted ship (Noctis hull costs 65mill) you should have at least some basic tank in my opinion.
The Irukandji 3.0
#15 - 2017-03-16 14:43:17 UTC
March rabbit wrote:

At some point it was looting and salvaging ship. Now its role is taken by MTUs. What's left for poor Noctis? What?

It's still a looting and salvaging ship. Sure you can use MTU's. And wait forever. Or you can use an MTU AND a Noctis and be done in 1/10th of the time. MTU does not salvage, either.

So, fly in with the Noctis. Drop an MTU. Tractor in all the wrecks starting with the FARTHEST (MTU will focus on tractoring the nearest). Salvage the wrecks when they're in range. MTU ends up auto-scooping the cans for you while you salvage. Then just grab the stuff in the MTU, scoop it up and you're done.

Sure, you can do that in another ship too, not just a Noctis, but the Noctis has that tractor range/speed bonus and those salvager bonues. It still can't be beat for serious salvaging ops. Remember in nullsec the longer you are out in space, the more likely someone is going to come in and scan you down.
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2017-03-16 14:55:33 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

It's still a looting and salvaging ship. Sure you can use MTU's. And wait forever. Or you can use an MTU AND a Noctis and be done in 1/10th of the time. MTU does not salvage, either.

So, fly in with the Noctis. Drop an MTU. Tractor in all the wrecks starting with the FARTHEST (MTU will focus on tractoring the nearest). Salvage the wrecks when they're in range. MTU ends up auto-scooping the cans for you while you salvage. Then just grab the stuff in the MTU, scoop it up and you're done.

Sure, you can do that in another ship too, not just a Noctis, but the Noctis has that tractor range/speed bonus and those salvager bonues. It still can't be beat for serious salvaging ops. Remember in nullsec the longer you are out in space, the more likely someone is going to come in and scan you down.

This is one of my favorite things to do in the game. Something about the vacuuming up space debris in a huge Hoover just thrills me. I had avoided using the MTU because i liked my Noctis, now i can do both!