These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

TDF and BTL negotiations fell through, Diplomacy has failed us

First post
Author
Krissada
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#41 - 2012-01-21 20:18:08 UTC
seany1212 wrote:

Also, as spank said, your all greedy incursion fags and I also like how Darius has ninja'd into command of this incursion griefing considering last time I checked it was krissada that initially set it up Roll

There is no "head" or command here. We're all in it equally mate.
I don't expect someone of your caliber to understand such terms though... Roll
Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#42 - 2012-01-21 20:19:28 UTC
Darius III wrote:
seany1212 wrote:

Also, as spank said, your all greedy incursion fags and I also like how Darius has ninja'd into command of this incursion griefing considering last time I checked it was krissada that initially set it up Roll

I swear every time I am asked about who is doing what and how is this organized, I give the same four responses:

ArrowLead Farmers / Kill It With Fire

ArrowSkunkworks

ArrowKirssada

ArrowVolunteers ( more like volunTEARS amirite) from Brick Squad

I have tried to explain to Krissada that he is the man, and sing his praises asd loudly as I can but he shrugs it off. No matter how many PSI of compressed gas I try to pump into his head to inflate it, it just stays the same-but we all know he is the man!

I have said this many, many times: Without Lead Farmers/Skunkworks/Krissada-none of this would have ever been possible. I am just a popular figurehead with a huge ego and a loud mouth.

Yet you create a convo with TDF and BTL and try to "talk it over".

Right....
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#43 - 2012-01-21 20:35:31 UTC
Requiescat wrote:

Lady Spank wrote:
While this has nothing to do with my alliance, feel free to point on the map where we hold any sov.

elite pvp

elite irrelevant comeback.

I can see why you quit posting. Maybe you should stick to buying 300m ISK Rifters.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#44 - 2012-01-21 20:37:07 UTC
I forgot to add... I HATE U DARIUS IV!

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Jaren Neraj
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2012-01-21 20:57:39 UTC
Darius III wrote:
I called a conference tonight with some of the luminaries from the larger incursion channels. I was glad that the people involved in the conference took their time to speak with me, and you have my thanks. I learned a little bit and also got some good pointers and the guys had awesome ideas and broad viewpoints. Hats off to BTL for a very productive and informative meeting.

We were ready to stop killing the Motherships. The 'demands' made involved no ISK, no threats,and no ultimatums whatsoever. ( I did pander to get personal bribes of course!) All that was required was they participate in a group chat. Unfortunately negotiations have fallen through and TDF has caused us to continue our campaign.

TDF left the talks, while BTL was willing to participate. Given that BLT was willing to talk, and TDF was not, I will be directing my gankers and griefers to focus on TDF targets when possible. While I have no issue with the players who utilize TDF to find fleets, their leadership is solely responsible for the continued 'early' termination of hisec incursions.

To the players in TDF: Your leadership has failed you. They are the sole reason we will continue killing the Moms. If not for their arrogance, you would be able to shortly return to less, or even no interruption in your ability to run incursions 23/7 Had your leaders simply spent 30 minutes in a conference-this thread would have been to announce my withdrawal of support for 'illegal' fleets.

Incursion runners: If you are cross-trained with ability to fly shield and armor ships, I suggest you roll with BTL when possible as we are targeting TDF whenever possible. We still have 15 + logi characters who aren't blacklisted in TDF channel and whose corp histories are not affiliated with Brick, Skunks or Lead Farmers. At some point you may be in a fleet and just not get reps. This action will be aimed at depleting the ship reimbursement fund and causing as many problems in TDF fleets as possible.

To the players who are in BTL: It is a shame that TDF wouldnt talk and you are going to suffer the losses of incursions because of their transgressions. The BTL leadership represented you well and genuinely looked out for your interests. They were spot on and deserve my, and your thanks. Shame it didnt work out. We look forward to contesting the Moms soon.

I am curious - why do you really care so much? It is not like you don't have the same access to the same content. So basically you are angry that there are other people in EVE that don't want to play the game the way you want them to, so you spend all of your time in game doing anything and everything possible to change that fact? Seems like it is kind of a waste time and money to me.

/shrug
Requiescat
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-01-21 21:38:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Requiescat
Lady Spank wrote:
elite irrelevant comeback.

I can see why you quit posting. Maybe you should stick to buying 300m ISK Rifters.

SICK BURN BRO. IS THIS THE PART WHERE I ARGUE WITH YOU ABOUT HOW YOU'RE BAD AT THIS GAME AND SO AM I AND THAT WE'RE BOTH BAD POASTERS

AM I FLAMING? IS THAT WHAT THIS IS OH GOD I'M NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER

Jaren Neraj wrote:
I am curious - why do you really care so much? It is not like you don't have the same access to the same content. So basically you are angry that there are other people in EVE that don't want to play the game the way you want them to, so you spend all of your time in game doing anything and everything possible to change that fact? Seems like it is kind of a waste time and money to me.

/shrug

i wonder why no one involved with this "incursion backlash" or whatever have responded to this point. probably because they are so ~speechless~ about how you read their minds heh

hi i'm requiescat, and i'm your best friend♥

Siiee
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#47 - 2012-01-21 23:02:57 UTC
Requiescat wrote:

check this out bro: "exploit a game mechanic." think about that phrase for a second, and think about what other neat things you could claim are "exploiting a game mechanic."
(words)
Arrowbuying npc goods in one station and moving them to another station to sell for a profit is exploiting a game mechanic
(more words)

I'll bite on this one.

While you're trying to be clever being pedantic and quoting dictionary definitions one of your examples is actually quite apt. Buying and selling NPC goods is not exploiting an (unintended) game mechanic. However there used to particular NPC items that were disproportionately valued (and tricks you could use to get large quantities of them avoiding regular auto-price hikes). The value of these trade routes was unintended, and eventually the value of the NPC buy/sell orders was adjusted to bring it into line.

The "mechanic" that is being exploited in incursions is the unlimited respawn of incursion combat sites, not anything related to actually running the sites themselves. I doubt that you'll find a "user story" for incursions that has them taking them to 90% completion and then grinding them until they expire on CCP's whiteboard. It's not unreasonable to expect that they'll have to now do something to bring the balance back either by taking this new story into account, or by making it ineffective.
Sara XIII
The Carnifex Corp
#48 - 2012-01-21 23:25:03 UTC
Good work Darius III. Keep at it!
Between Ignorance and Wisdom
Theodoric Darkwind
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-01-21 23:26:31 UTC
Nanohasan wrote:
Why did brick squad even start killing MOM early?

we made you guys no harm so why bother us in crappy BS like this?

incursion bear tears, soo delicious.

the real solution to this is more lowsec and nullsec incursionsPirate
Jazest
Ferox Inc
#50 - 2012-01-22 00:09:35 UTC
when I was a teenager, I used to make up legitmate sounding excuses to make it seem like my actions were worthy and honourable too
Epic Commander
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2012-01-22 00:12:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Epic Commander
Siiee wrote:
Requiescat wrote:

check this out bro: "exploit a game mechanic." think about that phrase for a second, and think about what other neat things you could claim are "exploiting a game mechanic."
(words)
Arrowbuying npc goods in one station and moving them to another station to sell for a profit is exploiting a game mechanic
(more words)

I'll bite on this one.

While you're trying to be clever being pedantic and quoting dictionary definitions one of your examples is actually quite apt. Buying and selling NPC goods is not exploiting an (unintended) game mechanic. However there used to particular NPC items that were disproportionately valued (and tricks you could use to get large quantities of them avoiding regular auto-price hikes). The value of these trade routes was unintended, and eventually the value of the NPC buy/sell orders was adjusted to bring it into line.

The "mechanic" that is being exploited in incursions is the unlimited respawn of incursion combat sites, not anything related to actually running the sites themselves. I doubt that you'll find a "user story" for incursions that has them taking them to 90% completion and then grinding them until they expire on CCP's whiteboard. It's not unreasonable to expect that they'll have to now do something to bring the balance back either by taking this new story into account, or by making it ineffective.

The thing your missing about your little story is that it was not intended to end an incursion in just few hours. It was something that CCP has noted several times. So just because that few channels did agree to not kill the mom until it goes into withdrawing and until then farming the isk in the incursions thus allowing allowing more people to do them and earn more isk.

Now that you are crying like a baby because some people earn isk faster and easier than blitzing for a good lvl4 agent with good LP payout. Go cry about the mining bots in safe 0.0 space instead or deal with it and just say you are greafing people because you want to greaf other than blaming ***** left and right trying to explain your actions like a little kid that has get caught by daddy when trying to do your noble cause.

Funny tldr about this is that it may be postpone the changes that CCP wants to do about incrusions (make vanguards longer and assaults shorter) because there are less people blitzing those now. OR it will make CCP butthurt from all the screaming and will make the mom not spawn that fast as it does now as a emergency change.
Findail
Quid Plorus
#52 - 2012-01-22 00:20:05 UTC
Looking at the stats here:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/BricK_sQuAD./stats

I reckon that the whole incursion idea of Darius's is more to try to stop the failure cascade of his own alliance, and the incursion earnings argument was just an excuse to try to legitimize the tactics.

Doesn't look like it's saving Brick though...

IsoMetricanTaliac 2
Doomheim
#53 - 2012-01-22 00:20:34 UTC

Well you can only try, but when your trying to deal with children it will often end up with someone holding their breath until they get their own way.

The people seem to THINK they are the be all & end all of everything that is incursion running & EVE. I am glad they didn't stick around as now they have made many more targets for all of us to hunt down
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#54 - 2012-01-22 00:53:23 UTC
Findail wrote:
Looking at the stats here:

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/BricK_sQuAD./stats

I reckon that the whole incursion idea of Darius's is more to try to stop the failure cascade of his own alliance, and the incursion earnings argument was just an excuse to try to legitimize the tactics.

Doesn't look like it's saving Brick though...

oh no, an alliance leader is providing game content for his members, quick, to the forums!

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#55 - 2012-01-22 00:56:04 UTC
Nathan Jameson wrote:
AURORA MEDELIN wrote:
I...speak English!

I learn it...from a book.

He's from Barcelona...

We're from Barcelona

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Siiee
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-01-22 01:04:28 UTC
Epic Commander wrote:
The thing your missing about your little story is that it was not intended to end an incursion in just few hours. It was something that CCP has noted several times. So just because that few channels did agree to not kill the mom until it goes into withdrawing and until then farming the isk in the incursions thus allowing allowing more people to do them and earn more isk.

That's quite a logical leap to go from "incursions were not meant to be blitzable" to "therefore we're supposed to farm them to within an inch of their life" Somewhere inbetween those two extremes is where I imagine their intent is.

Epic Commander wrote:

Funny tldr about this is that it may be postpone the changes that CCP wants to do about incrusions

The fact that incursions have already been "beaten" has already been proven. The number of people farming incrusion sites right now has no effect on this, CCP knows they'll have to come up with a harder puzzle.

Epic Commander wrote:
and will make the mom not spawn that fast as it does now as a emergency change.

lol, I wouldn't hold my breath. Personally I think that CCP cares about Incrusion bears whining about mom blitzing about as much as they care about mission bears whining about salvage thieves.

Expect the sites to get harder before influence gets changed any.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2012-01-22 01:28:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sanshas have rights too! Incursion runners farming the sites are the same as putting the poor sansha ships into cages where they have no room to move! We must open those cages and let the poor rats out, we do this by popping the mothership that the incursion rats have put there to stop the lesser caged rats from escaping!

Also Darius for king of CSM!

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Requiescat
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#58 - 2012-01-22 01:40:43 UTC
Siiee wrote:
I'll bite on this one.

it's funny that you take me seriously because i have no idea what i'm talking about

also this thread has an alarmingly high density of people who won't post with their mains because they are scaredygirls

hi i'm requiescat, and i'm your best friend♥

Satallius
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#59 - 2012-01-22 01:58:05 UTC
I guess after getting chased out of delve, then chased out of curse, the bricks had to stay relevant somehow...
Singeabooty Raj
Doomheim
#60 - 2012-01-22 02:00:33 UTC
In the absence of high sec incursions, the motd in the BTL Pub would benefit being changed to provide links to level 3 mission fits as alot seem to be asking for them in channel.

Black Man with Goggles