These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Which Marauder is best for L4 missions?

Author
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#81 - 2017-03-07 17:58:20 UTC
Rotho Ataru wrote:
I think we are overreacting a bit. You can usually pop EWAR ships before they get to you, and if they do, drones can take them out easily while you focus battleships until your tracking is back to normal. Worst case scenario, MJD

Not when you get simultaneously hit by 3-5 of them - and not when they're sitting 50-60km out. All it takes is one to seriously screw-up your tracking. Fortunately it's just Sansha wreaking havoc at this point...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#82 - 2017-03-07 21:25:20 UTC
Banksy Rotsuda wrote:
The issue is still there and big time. Again CCP has confirmed this is working as intended.

Ran several missions with bastion activated and had up to 11 tracking disrupts in sansha missions could not hit a single ship, completely jammed out versus guristas for over 90 minutes.

Complete crap, RIP marauders.

Same here, it's insane, here's screenshot:

http://www.netsky.org/eve/2017.03.07.20.54.21.png

Banksy Rotsuda
Doomheim
#83 - 2017-03-07 22:57:13 UTC
This is working as intended and confirmed by CCP.

Bastion will not work against guristas jams either in upcoming patches. It is now just for the resist/weapons buffs. All ewar resists are being reworked as part of marauder rebalancing.
Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#84 - 2017-03-07 23:25:57 UTC
Banksy Rotsuda wrote:

Bastion will not work against guristas jams either in upcoming patches. It is now just for the resist/weapons buffs. All ewar resists are being reworked as part of marauder rebalancing.

Then they need to rework npc's as their jams and EW hit 100% of all the time.
Banksy Rotsuda
Doomheim
#85 - 2017-03-07 23:30:39 UTC
Spc One wrote:

This is the intended result. You are not supposed to be immune to them and must fight through it to gain reward.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#86 - 2017-03-08 12:04:28 UTC
Banksy Rotsuda wrote:

Stop spouting this nonsense unless you're going to reference an actual quote, post or thread from CCP regarding this.

Banksy Rotsuda
Doomheim
#87 - 2017-03-08 15:01:23 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Stop spouting this nonsense unless you're going to reference an actual quote, post or thread from CCP regarding this.

Don't feed the troll people.
erg cz
Federal Jegerouns
#88 - 2017-03-08 15:30:06 UTC
Spc One wrote:
Banksy Rotsuda wrote:
The issue is still there and big time. Again CCP has confirmed this is working as intended.

Ran several missions with bastion activated and had up to 11 tracking disrupts in sansha missions could not hit a single ship, completely jammed out versus guristas for over 90 minutes.

Complete crap, RIP marauders.

Same here, it's insane, here's screenshot:

http://www.netsky.org/eve/2017.03.07.20.54.21.png

MIxed feeling. Like when I see NPC trying hard to web my sniping dominix... Drones do not care about EWAR, auto-targeting missiles just as well... Why you use something much more expensive and apparently less capable , than Rattlesnake or even Dominix?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#89 - 2017-03-08 17:11:28 UTC
Banksy Rotsuda wrote:
Don't feed the troll people.

You know what, I don't even care if I get an infraction for this: Go **** yourself.

There's a difference between pointing out a potential problem and running around screaming RIP Marauders. All you have to back up your twisted version of events is your personal opinion that this is CCP's end game. Unless you can back that up with some concrete evidence (recent blog, dev update, thread - heck, I'd settle for a tweet at this point), then I'm going to call (and will continue to call) bullsh*t.

There's a limited issue with EW resistance on Marauders that is restricted to tracking disruptors. It does not effect nor extend to sensor dampeners, ECM or target painters.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#90 - 2017-03-08 19:07:34 UTC
Hmm multiple pages now of Banksy Rotsuda claiming this is official and yet, still no actual link or anything.

Look, if you have something official, anything at all, post it so we can see if this is an actual issue or not.

But until then there is only one troll here.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#91 - 2017-03-08 19:41:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Jeremiah Saken
There is no point of nerfing marauders by removing EWAR immunity. They would be useless hulls.

Edit: and bastion module show 1000% bonus to sensor strenght in game. Golem base is 14.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Spc One
The Chodak
Void Alliance
#92 - 2017-03-09 01:10:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Spc One
Banksy Rotsuda wrote:
Spc One wrote:

This is the intended result. You are not supposed to be immune to them and must fight through it to gain reward.

It says on bastion module:
Weapon Disruption Resistance Bonus: -95 %

What i see in NPC scenario is: 0%
Because NPC's will always TD you no matter what.

Golem gives you 14 basic gravimetric strength
With level 5 skills you get 16.8 gravimetric strength
Level 5 skills + bastion gives you 184.8 points (chimera hull has 80 points basic).

So NPC's should not be able to jam you with 184.8
Endecroix
Doomheim
#93 - 2017-03-09 09:35:26 UTC
It's quite clearly not working as intended. I get perma-disrupted by 3 elite cruisers when I should be totally fine 86% of the time without anything sticking to me.

I am happy with 95% resists but we are not getting those resists at all. Hell, with 20 elite cruisers on me I should only be disrupted just over a third of the time. I am getting worse than that with 1 or 2 on me.

It's clearly buggy, so in answer to the OPs question my answer has now changed to the Golem.
Endecroix
Doomheim
#94 - 2017-03-09 09:38:47 UTC
erg cz wrote:
MIxed feeling. Like when I see NPC trying hard to web my sniping dominix... Drones do not care about EWAR, auto-targeting missiles just as well... Why you use something much more expensive and apparently less capable , than Rattlesnake or even Dominix?

So if a bug dropped supercarrier and titan DPS to 1 sec-1 then you would shrug it off and suck it up and then tell people to roll around in lesser ships when there was a perfectly good option that needed a bug fixing?!?
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#95 - 2017-03-09 10:20:47 UTC
Endecroix wrote:
I am happy with 95% resists but we are not getting those resists at all. Hell, with 20 elite cruisers on me I should only be disrupted just over a third of the time. I am getting worse than that with 1 or 2 on me.

This is not 95% resist bonus.
It seems it is 5% resist bouns. Someone messed the number at CCP I think.
Still marauders do not need this change.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#96 - 2017-03-09 13:11:21 UTC
We welcome our new Sansha overlords...

Banksy Rotsuda
Doomheim
#97 - 2017-03-09 16:31:25 UTC
Endecroix wrote:
It's quite clearly not working as intended. I get perma-disrupted by 3 elite cruisers when I should be totally fine 86% of the time without anything sticking to me.

It's clearly buggy, so in answer to the OPs question my answer has now changed to the Golem.

But it IS working just as CCP intended now. Marauder are not to have any ewar immunity or resist going forward.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#98 - 2017-03-09 17:05:08 UTC
Banksy Rotsuda wrote:
But it IS working just as CCP intended now. Marauder are not to have any ewar immunity or resist going forward.

Wrong, read the bastion module description.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#99 - 2017-03-09 17:40:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Banksy Rotsuda wrote:

Die in a fire troll. One more idiot to add to the block list...

Endecroix
Doomheim
#100 - 2017-03-09 17:56:33 UTC
Banksy Rotsuda wrote:

Where in my post did I say I required or expected total immunity. English - do you do it? Strawman much?