These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Standard sleeper site questions

Author
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2017-03-05 06:28:07 UTC
Found one of these in high sec in my gnosis. Scanned and entered it.


I hacked the first two cans about 20 times with failures and never got an alarm, read the third one triggers a countdown so i left that one. Tried to do the coordinate cans for the high power option but the first can I failed 2-3 times and no alarms. Got the x, did the y can and each fail gave me an alarm each and after alarm level 2 I started getting shot and the has clouds appeared so i warped out.

Im I'm using an gnosis with 39khp and im an alpha.
Had plenty of time to get out even though the game glitches out and tried to warp me through a collidable structure.
Took several attempts with cntrl-spacebar to get out of warp and fly away to realign.
Fit was 1600mm tung plates, 2 heatsinks, dcII, prototype eanm, medium vestments armor repairer
Mid was ab, relic, data, scanner, 2 cap rechargers.

I read with the high power option it moved a sentry gun to up close to the rift I think?
And then you can hack one in the back and kill the last one.

Or go to the tractor unit and tank them and suck the cans away.

Questions:
What triggers alarms specifically? Seems like i could have sat all day and failed relic cans with no punishment. Few fails on the data coordinate cans triggers hostility.
Am I allowed to shoot the sentry guns? At what distance do these things become hostile? Not sure why i can't just shoot them if guided are saying a few hobgoblins can kill them. What about using guns and drones together?
Apart from being omega and having better hacking skills and access to better uh analyzers are there anyways to not get fails? I get through them eventually out of luck when they dont trigger alarms but some of the walls are 90 and im ending up with no routes and at least 10 firewalls some grouped together.

In my case would it just be better to avoid the data coordinate cans that set off the alarm and slowly fly out to the tractor beam and just try to tank it and let it suck up the cans? I can fit more tank if I need to. Just not sure if the tractor also sets off alarms.
Either way i warped out when I got into structure and the alarm was only level 2. I read it doesn't trigger hostility until level 5.
Nam Dnilb
Universal Frog
#2 - 2017-03-05 09:31:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Nam Dnilb
From my experience only data hacks can trigger the alarm in that site (except the one can with the alarm unit drop). It seems to be something of a dice roll. I usually don't fail any hacks, so have to trigger the alarm purposefully at the end to get into the last room. Sometimes it triggers after one fail, sometimes it takes three or four.

You can shoot the sentries without penalty and they activate at 250Km.

There's rigs and implants to give your hacking modules more >health<. If you are struggling maybe beef up your data analyser with one of those.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#3 - 2017-03-06 07:19:28 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
What triggers alarms specifically? Seems like i could have sat all day and failed relic cans with no punishment. Few fails on the data coordinate cans triggers hostility.

In general devices that need to be hacked with data hacking module.
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Am I allowed to shoot the sentry guns? At what distance do these things become hostile? Not sure why i can't just shoot them if guided are saying a few hobgoblins can kill them. What about using guns and drones together?

Yes, but some of them have huge EHP. When you warping to tractor beam area they'll lock you right after you land and will drop lock after you fly around 220 km away from them.
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Apart from being omega and having better hacking skills and access to better uh analyzers are there anyways to not get fails? I get through them eventually out of luck when they dont trigger alarms but some of the walls are 90 and im ending up with no routes and at least 10 firewalls some grouped together.

Do not open on grid caches. Kill healing nodes ASAP. On Alpha it's russian roulette. Max skills + zeugma analyzer + hacking implants = I don't remember last time I fail a hack.
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
I read it doesn't trigger hostility until level 5.

Never see level 5, it's up to 3 usually.

Check uniwiki page about sleepers.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2017-03-06 15:21:50 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
What triggers alarms specifically? Seems like i could have sat all day and failed relic cans with no punishment. Few fails on the data coordinate cans triggers hostility.

In general devices that need to be hacked with data hacking module.
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Am I allowed to shoot the sentry guns? At what distance do these things become hostile? Not sure why i can't just shoot them if guided are saying a few hobgoblins can kill them. What about using guns and drones together?

Yes, but some of them have huge EHP. When you warping to tractor beam area they'll lock you right after you land and will drop lock after you fly around 220 km away from them.
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Apart from being omega and having better hacking skills and access to better uh analyzers are there anyways to not get fails? I get through them eventually out of luck when they dont trigger alarms but some of the walls are 90 and im ending up with no routes and at least 10 firewalls some grouped together.

Do not open on grid caches. Kill healing nodes ASAP. On Alpha it's russian roulette. Max skills + zeugma analyzer + hacking implants = I don't remember last time I fail a hack.
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
I read it doesn't trigger hostility until level 5.

Never see level 5, it's up to 3 usually.

Check uniwiki page about sleepers.


Eve uni was one of the guides I was reading while i was in it. I had three open that all proposed different methods.
How is hp/second determined? Part of the uni guide mentioned needing 1000-1200hp a second to be able to survive indefinitely but I don't know how that would be achievable when an armor repaired gives me something like 32-36, I don't see several armor repairers or shield boosters coming anywhere near that.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#5 - 2017-03-06 19:44:05 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Eve uni was one of the guides I was reading while i was in it. I had three open that all proposed different methods.
How is hp/second determined? Part of the uni guide mentioned needing 1000-1200hp a second to be able to survive indefinitely but I don't know how that would be achievable when an armor repaired gives me something like 32-36, I don't see several armor repairers or shield boosters coming anywhere near that.

if you are writing about corossive gas cloud it may be possible and I think it's before resists. So if you land there in Astero you'll propablly pop. Cloud is hitting my Stratios for 350-400 hp. Do the math (EANM and DC II).

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2017-03-06 23:44:59 UTC
Jeremiah Saken wrote:
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Eve uni was one of the guides I was reading while i was in it. I had three open that all proposed different methods.
How is hp/second determined? Part of the uni guide mentioned needing 1000-1200hp a second to be able to survive indefinitely but I don't know how that would be achievable when an armor repaired gives me something like 32-36, I don't see several armor repairers or shield boosters coming anywhere near that.

if you are writing about corossive gas cloud it may be possible and I think it's before resists. So if you land there in Astero you'll propablly pop. Cloud is hitting my Stratios for 350-400 hp. Do the math (EANM and DC II).

It just said that for everything including the towers I think.
But i don't see how anyone can rep 1200damage a second and have a long enough cap to do anything. If resists count then you need like 90% resists I gurdd and 120hp/second i assume?
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#7 - 2017-03-07 08:50:25 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
It just said that for everything including the towers I think.
But i don't see how anyone can rep 1200damage a second and have a long enough cap to do anything. If resists count then you need like 90% resists I gurdd and 120hp/second i assume?

Some towers can be killed with drones, some just speed tank, for the rest just reset the aggro. You don't mean to perma tank them, propablly possible in some blingy T3C but there is no need for that.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville