These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burn the Sticks!!!!

Author
Amarisen Gream
Pleasant Peninsula Productions
Digital Vendetta
#1 - 2017-03-02 01:43:13 UTC
For a while now, I have thought that it would be a decent fun event to see if any groups would want to roll through different low-sec and null-sec regions for the purpose of just burning down all the moon sticks while we await on the release of the drilling platforms.

I am not ISK rich, nor do I have the connections to right phone to see something like this happen myself. I think it would only be fitting for all the powers that be, to burn all the sticks vs letting CCP do their stick buy back as we get closer to the release of the Mining Platforms.

I have also thought it could be used to raise funds for a charity group or another (possibly something that could just see a large sum of ISK just get donated out of the game).

Any ideas to improve this or people thinking the same?

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2 - 2017-03-02 03:38:50 UTC
Can we include POCOs as well?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2017-03-02 03:44:26 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

SC already working on that
Amarisen Gream
Digital Vendetta
#4 - 2017-03-02 03:47:45 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

I just wanna see the stuff that has been in EVE for so long that is being replaced burned (given a proper going away party with explosions), vs going to some NPC group for a buy back and injecting more ISK back into EVE.

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

Beast of Revelations
Multiverse Trading
#5 - 2017-03-02 05:07:41 UTC
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2017-03-02 06:53:07 UTC
Well.... It would not be 'rally over space and burn all the sticks'.... It would be like this: sit here for 1 hour applying DPS to this stick, warp to another moon, sit there for 1 hour applying DPS, ... Return after week for second timer and repeat.... And every other stick will have reinforcement timer set up to the wrong timezone....

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Amarisen Gream
Digital Vendetta
#7 - 2017-03-02 13:58:25 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Well.... It would not be 'rally over space and burn all the sticks'.... It would be like this: sit here for 1 hour applying DPS to this stick, warp to another moon, sit there for 1 hour applying DPS, ... Return after week for second timer and repeat.... And every other stick will have reinforcement timer set up to the wrong timezone....

yeah. the only major issue is the timers... blah...

edit: and the time.

Amarisen Gream
Digital Vendetta
#8 - 2017-03-02 13:59:39 UTC
Beast of Revelations wrote:
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Amen. and for New Eden to keep moving forward things have to blow up.

Rin Vocaloid2
DUST University
#9 - 2017-03-02 14:17:31 UTC
Amarisen Gream wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE SCOPE

"A very large number of hamsters have escaped their cages, scattered all around the cluster and have accidentally disabled all tower timers along the way. This is Alton Haveri reporting from The Scope."
Amarisen Gream
Digital Vendetta
#10 - 2017-03-02 21:28:03 UTC
Rin Vocaloid2 wrote:
Amarisen Gream wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE SCOPE

"A very large number of hamsters have escaped their cages, scattered all around the cluster and have accidentally disabled all tower timers along the way. This is Alton Haveri reporting from The Scope."

If only.