These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Guardian's Gala Event FAIL

First post
Author
Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#121 - 2017-02-25 15:09:35 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
I'm perfectly safe when I undock in high-sec. At least for 30 seconds anyway...
longer at a citadel, until the owner revokes you that is. =)
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#122 - 2017-02-25 17:32:57 UTC
Tuttomenui II wrote:
longer at a citadel, until the owner revokes you that is. =)

I hear revoking access rights is the new meta...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#123 - 2017-02-25 18:03:00 UTC
i think they are built around alpha clones in mind and that they would be better if CCP don't do that ever again.

Even in this state things could be done for them to look less spawny

ie all ships warp in don't materialize out from thin air...seriously 2000 was like 17 years ago and some randomness in NPC,s less frigs more cruisers in one battleship instead of battlecruiser as last one in other and so on.

Spawn sites at celestial s or objects for viewing experience

Skins are mostly fine but i wish there were navy skins my navy domy / phoon mega and tempest need some more skins.

My supply of geckos and genos is running thin...think about me will you...

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#124 - 2017-02-25 18:54:29 UTC
I hear Alphas in local all the time complainng about getting sniped or simply not being able to complete these events. So yeah - I'm not sure why they this event was custom-tailored for them when they're obviously struggling with it. Look, I blitz these in around a minute with a polarized fit. I'm usually tractoring the wreck in by the time a handful of Alphas finish coming out of warp - so they have little to no chance of competing in these against a determined Omega player (nevermind the Omega snipers). Heck, I've seen Alphas struggling with these sites for over 10 minutes and I finally warped to the event to help them clear it...

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#125 - 2017-02-26 00:13:20 UTC
AttentionAttention THEY ARE NOT TAILORED FOR ALPHAS!!!!!!!!!!!! AttentionAttention

Besides I am alpha (Maxed) and did just fine sniping them from omegas who didn't think about their fits with a blaster gnosis.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#126 - 2017-02-26 01:10:35 UTC
Tuttomenui II wrote:
AttentionAttention THEY ARE NOT TAILORED FOR ALPHAS!!!!!!!!!!!! AttentionAttention

Besides I am alpha (Maxed) and did just fine sniping them from omegas who didn't think about their fits with a blaster gnosis.

Yes they were. Look, you can almost tank these events with a shuttle...

Lexx Devi
Freeport . 7
#127 - 2017-03-06 14:45:20 UTC
CCP, Love the Gala SKINs.

Why did you not add the Ninasu YC119 Guardian's Gala 'Spirit' SKIN?

It bugs me way to much its the odd skin out. "Bugs me" Everyday.

P.S. Your To Slow on the Faction Capitals I need to do some Rooks and Kings With the Blood Raider Nos'ing FAX.
Waiting for more info, Don't worry about it We love to break so give everyone in eve 1 Gold chest of FAX So they can finally Equalize PL & their pet NC.
Draeman Hookah
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#128 - 2017-03-06 17:54:51 UTC
I thoroughly enjoyed the event. I'm an Omega as well and I stand to make well over 1 Bil in ISK. I didn't take much time out of my day either.

From a competition standpoint, I would leave a site that I saw was started by someone else and "steal" the loot if necessary from a site that was started by me and the BC destroyed by someone else. That was my mantra and it worked just fine. Easy enough to snag loot from someone who enters your site and steals your kill. And I was flying a Gnosis as well.

Sure it was definitely geared to be accessible to everyone but it definitely has some value for the work you put in.