These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Guardian's Gala Event FAIL

First post
Author
Major Trant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2017-02-20 13:36:07 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Tuttomenui II wrote:
Yep they're trash. They're pretty easy in a gnosis for alphas though. Plenty of mid slots for tracking computers. I use beam lasers and warp in at 30-50km. With two tracking speed scripts the frigates are pretty easy. They're still the hardest part. Cruiser and bc are easy kills.

But yeah I had a few stolen from me because ships can just show up and one shot the bc and it takes me 5-7 hits with imperial navy multifrequency.
If they were made for alphas only alphas should have been able to warp to the beacons so i doubt they were made with alphas in mind because they aren't dropping anything good and are just sort of a time sink. I'd rather go do a den or drone site that will drop 50-100m and buy whatever skin i want from the event.

I think they are only dropping the skins because that is what they are meant for. It would mess up the market for them to drop other stuff. And the bounties are low because if they were better it would contribute to isk inflation. Skins don't really add anything but cosmetics to the game so flooding us with those doesn't hurt anything.

There were plex dropping in the last event from what I've been told in addition to clothes, quads and possibly boosters but im not sure about the boosters.

There were no PLEX dropping in that or any other event.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#82 - 2017-02-20 13:56:52 UTC
Major Trant wrote:

There's been at least one event where PLEX was one of the possible rewards that dropped.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#83 - 2017-02-20 14:25:47 UTC
StonerPhReaK wrote:
Decaneos wrote:
Anyone know about the 3 missing skins? the Talos, Anshar and Itty 5?

I was wondering more about the missing Angel Battlecruiser Hull. Its an inflated cynabal. They coulda skinned a cyclone or hurricane and put the angel ticker on it and it woulda worked at least a little. Lore could even say the angels stole the hull and repurposed it as other pirates have done with other vessels. IMO basing an event around a race that doesn't even have its shipline hashed out is poor business practice and only offers to shine light on CCP's rather spotty development abilities.

Angel BC's USED to be modeled after the Cyclone. Some time ago, all Angel BC's were given the Cynabal model, likely a stopgap measure implemented due to issues with getting SKINs to play nice with certain hull designs.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#84 - 2017-02-21 03:18:42 UTC
Major Trant wrote:
Tuttomenui II wrote:
Yep they're trash. They're pretty easy in a gnosis for alphas though. Plenty of mid slots for tracking computers. I use beam lasers and warp in at 30-50km. With two tracking speed scripts the frigates are pretty easy. They're still the hardest part. Cruiser and bc are easy kills.

But yeah I had a few stolen from me because ships can just show up and one shot the bc and it takes me 5-7 hits with imperial navy multifrequency.
If they were made for alphas only alphas should have been able to warp to the beacons so i doubt they were made with alphas in mind because they aren't dropping anything good and are just sort of a time sink. I'd rather go do a den or drone site that will drop 50-100m and buy whatever skin i want from the event.

I think they are only dropping the skins because that is what they are meant for. It would mess up the market for them to drop other stuff. And the bounties are low because if they were better it would contribute to isk inflation. Skins don't really add anything but cosmetics to the game so flooding us with those doesn't hurt anything.

There were plex dropping in the last event from what I've been told in addition to clothes, quads and possibly boosters but im not sure about the boosters.

Sorry Trant you are incorrect. PLEX and MCTs both dropped from one of the events last year. I got several myself and had thought it bogus until one did drop for me. Trying to remember if it was the BR or the Serp one that did it.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#85 - 2017-02-21 05:45:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Naye Nathaniel wrote:
Show me where i ganged someon in high sec :)

This Bestower in Kaunokka: https://zkillboard.com/kill/5023328/
You were killed immediately afterwards, in the same minute, by the Caldari Sentry Guns: https://zkillboard.com/kill/5023330/

Naye Nathaniel wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

fulltime pvp in a sandbox environment.

Were looking for it but can't find it ;)

https://puu.sh/ucJXb/44438a1116.png (the whole paragraph is relevant, especially in relation to the statement that pvp is highsec is forbidden).

there's also this bit:

https://puu.sh/ucJ8S/5ec61bf960.png
Otago Dogwalker
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#86 - 2017-02-21 06:24:17 UTC
The event is only dropping skins as it is, to all intents and purposes, a business function.
One of those mind numbing do's where they sit you by the bins unless your "team" has sold the most paper this year.

At least the Angels aren't dropping looted hotel towels and mini soaps...P

BTW these sites are easy in an Algos, 5 drones and 3 Rails. No probs...

Otago

Jamie Munba
Tradex Inc
#87 - 2017-02-21 13:26:26 UTC
I decided to run a Cpl of these as there were like 20 stacked up in null over 10 systems, I did 3 and got bored, and ended up with 30m for the three.

I can see them being good for the alphas, there were 10 in between 2 systems, good isk for an alpha but not enough to keep me interested.

I trade for isk, risk ships for isk, it's all about the space pennies baby! Billionaire living, Trillionaire dreaming!!

Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#88 - 2017-02-22 15:07:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Naye Nathaniel
Now it start respawning like hell...

Anyway to everyone who says "EVE IS PVP CORE GAME";

I have a realy simple question;
How u get ISK u little PVPer for all of your ships?
or
How u get a ships for your PVP stuff? (including modules, ammo etc) and don't try to lie to me because at the very begining u had to do and probably still u have to do PVE stuff to earn ISK for ships/modules/ammo;

All that hardcore SOV Null sec Alliances - why they hold theirs a little piece of space? FOR ANOMALIES , ISK - RATTING, simple as that.
Scialt
Corporate Navy Police Force
Sleep Reapers
#89 - 2017-02-22 15:20:52 UTC
Otago Dogwalker wrote:
The event is only dropping skins as it is, to all intents and purposes, a business function.
One of those mind numbing do's where they sit you by the bins unless your "team" has sold the most paper this year.

At least the Angels aren't dropping looted hotel towels and mini soaps...P

BTW these sites are easy in an Algos, 5 drones and 3 Rails. No probs...

Otago

I was running them in a tristan with no guns (fitted for FW pvp).

Not time efficient, but a way to kill time while waiting on a fleet to form up.
Scialt
Sleep Reapers
#90 - 2017-02-22 15:23:31 UTC
Naye Nathaniel wrote:
Now it start respawning like hell...

Anyway to everyone who says "EVE IS PVP CORE GAME";

I have a realy simple question;
How u get ISK u little PVPer for all of your ships?
or
How u get a ships for your PVP stuff? (including modules, ammo etc) and don't try to lie to me because at the very begining u had to do and probably still u have to do PVE stuff to earn ISK for ships/modules/ammo;

All that hardcore SOV Null sec Alliances - why they hold theirs a little piece of space? FOR ANOMALIES , ISK - RATTING, simple as that.

Many view the market as PvP. You're not interacting with NPC's very often when you buy or sell products.

I'm by no means a market/manufacturing warrior... but I do station trade and I know others do the same to cover PvP losses. And if you view the market as a PvP arena then you are making isk through pvp to cover pvp losses.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#91 - 2017-02-22 16:12:25 UTC
Market bots aren't real people, either.

Scialt
Sleep Reapers
#92 - 2017-02-22 16:16:42 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Market bots aren't real people, either.

It's still an account. Just like killing a bot miner is still recorded as PvP... competing against a bot in the market is still "market PvP".
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#93 - 2017-02-22 16:25:20 UTC
Scialt wrote:
It's still an account. Just like killing a bot miner is still recorded as PvP... competing against a bot in the market is still "market PvP".

These scenarios aren't PvP - they're PvE. There's no difference between server-side AI actions and client-side AI actions. If fact, the "bot" could be sitting on a server in a data center halfway around the world from where the "player" is. Even competing against "real" players in the marketplace is stretching the definition of PvP.

Trevize Demerzel
#94 - 2017-02-22 16:32:35 UTC
I run the sites in null...

I've an over supply of Corvette skins.. Cause ya know everybody in null flies Corvettes....

:-)

-

Nivek Rensir
EVE University
Ivy League
#95 - 2017-02-22 16:53:59 UTC
Hi everyone, so far I am enjoying the Gala event. I have done over 40 of the sites now and enjoy getting all the FREE skins. While I have yet to get a drug drop, the fact that i am getting free skins for just heading out and spending a few minutes of my time completely compensates for that. I'm not sure why so many people are complaining here. CCP doesn't have to do this. They are free skins for extremely minimal time allotment. You don't have to do the event. If you don't like the skins then move on, there's plenty more content for you out there. They are creating content that is quick and easy to accomplish in any part of Eve. Seems like a bunch of carebears crying that they don't get leet gear for nothing. Its extra content that has been put out there so people, both alpha and omega, can get more skins for their ships. I for one am thankful for this. I just wish I had paid attention when the last events happened. Keep up the good work CCP.
Scialt
Sleep Reapers
#96 - 2017-02-22 17:27:19 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Scialt wrote:

These scenarios aren't PvP - they're PvE. There's no difference between server-side AI actions and client-side AI actions. If fact, the "bot" could be sitting on a server in a data center halfway around the world from where the "player" is. Even competing against "real" players in the marketplace is stretching the definition of PvP.

I've heard of guys admitting to losing billions when another player screwed with the market of items they were heavily invested in. Not sure why that's any different then blowing up a ship and pod worth billions. It's just slower (and not my cup of tea either). I can't deny that players are competing against each other and some win while others lose.

And while I'm sure bots exist, I don't think they're anywhere near as prevalent as people think. And there's no way to tell if it's just me checking orders and updating prices in a .01 isk manner while watching netflix or a bot... the markets are full of "bot aspirant" behavior (to use a CODEism).
Scialt
Sleep Reapers
#97 - 2017-02-22 17:29:37 UTC
As for the skins... I'm pretty happy with them. I did enough sites to get the skins for the ships I commonly fly... and as I fly Gallente it's worked out pretty good for me (finally got the Ishtar and Dominix last night).

I really like the way the Tristan skin looks.
Yarosara Ruil
#98 - 2017-02-22 17:40:36 UTC
You do realize this is a Valentines Day event right? It doesn't have the same oomph that other events might have.

Also, the SKINS are awesome, and a good reward for doing a site. Skill Boosters just make people more ravenous to complete these sites, which means there's less demand for them. In turn that means more chances for anyone who actually wants to run them to get a shot at it.
Otago Dogwalker
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#99 - 2017-02-23 05:11:30 UTC
It makes me laugh to see people moaning that this event is boring, epic fail and the rest.

The times i've seen a Gila or a Rattler clearing a Guardian Gala site, done in two seconds. The exact sort of people who are like "oh, this event is rubbish", "PvE is dying" and all the other cobblers.

Try challenging yourselves and have fun with the site. CCP provides the framework, we, the content. Run these with an unusual fit, frigate or Algos, not just warp round a region blitzing every site.

Just how I see it...

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#100 - 2017-02-23 05:55:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
The event is boring and the vast majority of SKINs are worthless. And truth be told, the SKINs really aren't that great, either. Even Alphas won't run the sites now - which is why you'll usually find 2-3 of the beacons in any system at any given time. But hey, if you're enjoying the event - knock yourself out. Some of us just remember the other events that were a lot more exciting.