These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Scram/web/bugged

Author
Elektra Frued
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2017-02-19 16:26:56 UTC
So a scram is supposed to stop your ship from using prop or warp,
a web is supposed to cut your max velocity down to a fraction of it's former ability....
So why then when I see a red coming in hot and I click on a station and click dock and my ship starts to align in an attempt to warp to safety does my ship hit the brakes and go to 0ms when I get scrammed.
There is NO ITEM IN THE GAME that is supposed to stop your ship to 0ms.... But the scram in effect does this if you're trying to enter warp when it hits you. Even a web only takes a fraction of your speed, it doesn't make you stop in place.
This is a problem for survivability.. What should happen here is that your ship should remain aligned but just not enter warp. When you're in your ship and manage to break the target lock or neut out your tackler you have a very small window to warp out. If you have to realign every time you fail to warp then it's going to be harder to get out for a reason that is infact a bug in the game. I've submitted this as a bug many times and been told that it's working as intended... So why is this intended? Why is a scram killing my align speed.... Why do you intend to make it even harder to get out of an already difficult situation?



Comment history

Created: 2/17/2017 6:32:13 PM
Bug Hunter
The Game Design team confirmed that this is working as intended.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#2 - 2017-02-20 12:35:50 UTC
This is indeed working as intended. The scram/point does not "hit the breaks and go to 0m/s". You attempt to warp however the warp fails your ship then no longer has a target to move to and you begin to slow. this is easy to solve just by double clicking in space when you make a failed warp attempt or by spamming align along with warp. What this mechanic does is punish panicked or inexperienced pilots as well as ensure that just spamming a single button is not enough to save you should a point fail. You need to be watching and paying attention to what is going on and attempt warp when you see point drop or know it is about to. Until such a time align don't warp.


tldr

HTFU
Ne0SHNIK
NISMO RACING
#3 - 2017-02-21 17:39:04 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave is correct. This is not a bug. You commanded your ship to warp, but after the scram this command is invalid. The ships stops since you didn't give it any other command. If you expect your ship to make a smart decision to align since it cannot warp - you are wrong. The player is supposed to make decisions for the ship.
Skelee VI
Wraithguard.
The Wraithguard.
#4 - 2017-02-21 17:57:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Skelee VI
Like above said
If you are trying to survive:
Rule 1 - never click on a station and hit dock! you will warp to station but not land at 0.
Rule 2 - you should be pre aligned to a bookmark or a celestial. if station a must, setup a bookmark at undock.
Rule 3 - warp off as soon as red is in local not on grid already.

Don't blame the mechanics for your noobness
Kethen T'val
The Seer Covenant
#5 - 2017-02-28 11:33:28 UTC
Skelee VI wrote:
Like above said
If you are trying to survive:
Rule 1 - never click on a station and hit dock! you will warp to station but not land at 0.
Rule 2 - you should be pre aligned to a bookmark or a celestial. if station a must, setup a bookmark at undock.
Rule 3 - warp off as soon as red is in local not on grid already.

Don't blame the mechanics for your noobness



See the other 2 replies? You are just repeating, which leads me to believe you really just wanted to make that pointless addition in the end.

Baad forum warrior Roll
Keno Skir
#6 - 2017-03-02 15:45:43 UTC
Kethen T'val wrote:
Skelee VI wrote:
Like above said
If you are trying to survive:
Rule 1 - never click on a station and hit dock! you will warp to station but not land at 0.
Rule 2 - you should be pre aligned to a bookmark or a celestial. if station a must, setup a bookmark at undock.
Rule 3 - warp off as soon as red is in local not on grid already.

Don't blame the mechanics for your noobness



See the other 2 replies? You are just repeating, which leads me to believe you really just wanted to make that pointless addition in the end.

Baad forum warrior Roll


The whole point of forum discussion is to recieve multiple opinions and points of view. Just because someone has the same point of view doesn't make it useless input, since for someone without experience it can add weight to one or other side of a discussion. I've seen people post incorrect stuff loads of times so a 2nd 3rd etc opinion is actually quite helpful.

The pointless addition is yours Pirate
Kethen T'val
The Seer Covenant
#7 - 2017-03-02 19:16:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Kethen T'val
Keno Skir wrote:
Kethen T'val wrote:
Skelee VI wrote:
Like above said
If you are trying to survive:
Rule 1 - never click on a station and hit dock! you will warp to station but not land at 0.
Rule 2 - you should be pre aligned to a bookmark or a celestial. if station a must, setup a bookmark at undock.
Rule 3 - warp off as soon as red is in local not on grid already.

Don't blame the mechanics for your noobness



See the other 2 replies? You are just repeating, which leads me to believe you really just wanted to make that pointless addition in the end.

Baad forum warrior Roll


The whole point of forum discussion is to recieve multiple opinions and points of view. Just because someone has the same point of view doesn't make it useless input, since for someone without experience it can add weight to one or other side of a discussion. I've seen people post incorrect stuff loads of times so a 2nd 3rd etc opinion is actually quite helpful.

The pointless addition is yours Pirate



And here you are pointing at pointless additions with a pointless addition. Alright Ill play along. I agree with what was said in the first 2 replies.

Now. You misinterpreted (purposely?) what I wrote so Ill straighten it out for you. I made no judging comment about repeating what was already said cause in that case I should have jumped on the second reply instead (logic). I was pointing at the unnecessary namecalling. If you want to applaud that, go ahed!
Dan Kharter
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2017-03-08 06:44:53 UTC
Forum pvp best pvp.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#9 - 2017-03-24 16:38:22 UTC
Elektra Frued wrote:
So a scram is supposed to stop your ship from using prop or warp,
a web is supposed to cut your max velocity down to a fraction of it's former ability....
So why then when I see a red coming in hot and I click on a station and click dock and my ship starts to align in an attempt to warp to safety does my ship hit the brakes and go to 0ms when I get scrammed.
There is NO ITEM IN THE GAME that is supposed to stop your ship to 0ms.... But the scram in effect does this if you're trying to enter warp when it hits you. Even a web only takes a fraction of your speed, it doesn't make you stop in place.
This is a problem for survivability.. What should happen here is that your ship should remain aligned but just not enter warp. When you're in your ship and manage to break the target lock or neut out your tackler you have a very small window to warp out. If you have to realign every time you fail to warp then it's going to be harder to get out for a reason that is infact a bug in the game. I've submitted this as a bug many times and been told that it's working as intended... So why is this intended? Why is a scram killing my align speed.... Why do you intend to make it even harder to get out of an already difficult situation?



Comment history

Created: 2/17/2017 6:32:13 PM
Bug Hunter
The Game Design team confirmed that this is working as intended.



That is how it works but I agree a scram should not kill your speed. It's annoying.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#10 - 2017-03-24 21:04:42 UTC
Kethen T'val wrote:



See the other 2 replies? You are just repeating, which leads me to believe you really just wanted to make that pointless addition in the end.

Baad forum warrior Roll



Because three kicks while you're down are more memorable than two. lol