These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Guardian's Gala Event FAIL

First post
Author
Kaivarian Coste
It Came From Thera
#61 - 2017-02-18 11:02:06 UTC
I think the event is all right. It doesn't spark my interest, but if I see a site and my system is empty, I'll run it.
Kaivarian Coste
It Came From Thera
#62 - 2017-02-18 11:05:12 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:

There were plex dropping in the last event from what I've been told in addition to clothes, quads and possibly boosters but im not sure about the boosters.

What? For real??

If PLEX dropped, then this event would totally be worth it.
Harry Forever
SpaceJunkys
#63 - 2017-02-18 11:06:52 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
For anyone at CCP listening, this event was a colossal fail. The good:
• Yay, some new free SKINs...
• Competition and interaction is always a good thing

The bad:
• Very rare drops for Angel SKINs (you have to basically buy these from CCP)
• No accelerators or really anything else for that matter (occasional synth drug doesn't count)
• No meta loot drops and salvage is practically worthless (I've done it just to kill time)
• These sites were apparently designed specifically for Alphas, yet most Alphas have no chance of clearing these in any kind of reasonable timeframe before an Omega swoops in and clears it. Case 1: A Corax that dragged the first wave of frigates out to 100km+. Case 2: A Gnosis that had little if any chance of hitting the frigate wave. Too many other examples to list, but I never lost a single site to an Alpha or saw an Alpha actually get the prize, for that matter.

I'm sure others have points that I've missed...

the event is cool, you are stupid
Salvos Rhoska
#64 - 2017-02-18 11:09:34 UTC
What do you guys expect for destroying 5 frigs, 5 cruisers and a BC, that spawn all over the place?
Alderson Point
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2017-02-18 12:10:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Alderson Point
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
I'm just saying that there have certainly been better variants of these events, and that this one falls on the lower end of the spectrum. This is just my opinion - no one is under any obligation to agree or disagree. And if you're in the group that is enjoying the event, more power to you. o7

I do agree that this is certainly one of their weaker efforts. It is also quite a frustrating experience for alpha skilled players, although ostensibly for them, it takes a while, and they get contested so often, they either become easy kills or frustrated at losing the prize.

I will not judge as to whether it meets CCP's goals, but as mainly playing as an omega, the prizes are not really worth the effort of running more than occasionally, and certainly not enough to log on especially to run these sites.

They may of course be trying to establish just how low the rewards can go, and still get activity, the danger however is players get jaded and don't bother next time.

But free stuff is free stuff, if it is worth the effort of picking up, but it's a close thing this time.
Alderson Point
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2017-02-18 12:38:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Alderson Point
Cygnus Veram wrote:
Naye Nathaniel wrote:
Do you think that CCP made this content for PVE?
HAHA Hell not;
They made it only for PVP stuff;

They made PVE content in a PVP sandbox.

You do realise what sandbox means? It certainly does not mean everyone has to play according to your PERSONAL preconception.

But if that is your view, when you log on, please feel free to imagine that you are playing in your own Personal PVP sandbox, just be aware that most people will be playing in entirely their own way, and messing it up for you, as they are meant to, you know, as in the phrase, "sandbox" Roll
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#67 - 2017-02-18 13:32:08 UTC
Alderson Point wrote:
Cygnus Veram wrote:
Naye Nathaniel wrote:
HAHA Hell not;

You do realise what sandbox means? It certainly does not mean everyone has to play according to your PERSONAL preconception.

But if that is your view, when you log on, please feel free to imagine that you are playing in your own Personal PVP sandbox, just be aware that most people will be playing in entirely their own way, and messing it up for you, as they are meant to, you know, as in the phrase, "sandbox" Roll

so you dont agree that EvE is a PvP sandbox game?

Just Add Water

Cygnus Veram
Doomheim
#68 - 2017-02-18 14:41:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Cygnus Veram
Alderson Point wrote:
Cygnus Veram wrote:
Naye Nathaniel wrote:
HAHA Hell not;

You conveniently left out something important.

PVP sandbox. PVP is not optional.
Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#69 - 2017-02-19 01:42:01 UTC
Cygnus Veram wrote:
Alderson Point wrote:
Cygnus Veram wrote:
Naye Nathaniel wrote:
HAHA Hell not;

You conveniently left out something important.

PVP sandbox. PVP is not optional.

PVP sandbox?
PVP is not optional?
Say wot?
That denies a meaning of "Sandbox";
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#70 - 2017-02-19 01:54:25 UTC
It never ceases to amaze me how any constructive criticism of content turns into "EVE isn't PvE", "PvP 'real' players vs. PvE carebears", "EVE is a PvP sandbox" and "HTFU or GTFO n00b".

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#71 - 2017-02-19 08:41:49 UTC
a thrasher with shield buffer and fusion ammo should be able to complete such a site. but just because these are said to be doable with an alpha doesn't mean alpha pilots will complete them, nor did anyone say they will be easy for everyone.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#72 - 2017-02-19 09:08:15 UTC
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
a thrasher with shield buffer and fusion ammo should be able to complete such a site. but just because these are said to be doable with an alpha doesn't mean alpha pilots will complete them, nor did anyone say they will be easy for everyone.

Please, stream trying these sites in such a ship and see how well it goes. The frigates are on level with incursion frigates from what I know, meaning they hit hard and fast. Alpha pilots 'can' do the sites, but not casually. Which is fine.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#73 - 2017-02-19 09:25:17 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
... "EVE is a PvP sandbox" ...

It's just a statement of fact. Not a statement that PVE doesn't exist.

CCP's description (which has been linked many times over the last couple of years, because people still refuse to understand the nature of the game):

The essential core concept of EVE Online is that it is full time PvP in a sandbox environment.

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2017-02-19 10:18:10 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Liafcipe9000 wrote:

Please, stream trying these sites in such a ship and see how well it goes. The frigates are on level with incursion frigates from what I know, meaning they hit hard and fast. Alpha pilots 'can' do the sites, but not casually. Which is fine.

I am alpha and I do them casually, whatever that means. I can tank those frigates all day in my gnosis, and that is only using 3 low slots for tank. Could probably do it only using 2 slots for tank. Whenever you guys mention Alphas you always refer to them as if they are newbros. Seriously need a new term, Alpha is all encompassing newbros and veteran players. The biggest challenge is winning the bc wreck ownership when you get contested by other players. You just have to know the mechanics to get past that challenge. Although Omegas who also play by the mechanics can not really be beat when it comes to winning the wreck ownership.
Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#75 - 2017-02-19 11:20:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Naye Nathaniel
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
... "EVE is a PvP sandbox" ...

It's just a statement of fact. Not a statement that PVE doesn't exist.

CCP's description (which has been linked many times over the last couple of years, because people still refuse to understand the nature of the game):

The essential core concept of EVE Online is that it is full time PvP in a sandbox environment.

U failed:
Quote:
This is because EVE Online is essentially
a PvP (Player versus Player) game at its core. If the other pilot had no right
to attack you then CONCORD will track him down and punish him for his
crimes, so long as the attack took place in high security space.

That means any behavior of ganking others in High sec space is forbidden.
But CCP screw their mechanic just to please only one side of ppl playing - PVPers;
That Gankers avoid or break the game mechanic rules to keep them doing that without any punishment at all;
Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#76 - 2017-02-19 18:03:09 UTC
Anyone know about the 3 missing skins? the Talos, Anshar and Itty 5?
StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#77 - 2017-02-19 18:12:46 UTC
Decaneos wrote:
Anyone know about the 3 missing skins? the Talos, Anshar and Itty 5?

I was wondering more about the missing Angel Battlecruiser Hull. Its an inflated cynabal. They coulda skinned a cyclone or hurricane and put the angel ticker on it and it woulda worked at least a little. Lore could even say the angels stole the hull and repurposed it as other pirates have done with other vessels. IMO basing an event around a race that doesn't even have its shipline hashed out is poor business practice and only offers to shine light on CCP's rather spotty development abilities.

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#78 - 2017-02-19 20:44:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Naye Nathaniel wrote:

Strange. You used to be a ganker, so you'd know better than I do that ganking is not forbidden. There are just consequences for it that are different than the consequences of pvp in lowsec or null,duels or wardecs.

Not sure where the idea that ganking having consequences means the game isn't a fulltime pvp in a sandbox environment (CCP's words) comes from though.
ISD Buldath
#79 - 2017-02-19 21:59:04 UTC
For people receiving nasty or harassing EVE-Mails, sharing them on he forums is not how you deal with it.

Putting in a ticket to CCP and letting the GM's Handle it, is how you deal with it.

Now you know. Also removed post regarding above.

~ISD Buldath

Instructor King of the Forums! Knight of the General Discussion

Support, Training and Resources Division

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to EVE-Mails regarding forum moderation.

Naye Nathaniel
COBRA INC
Seventh Sanctum.
#80 - 2017-02-20 12:33:59 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Naye Nathaniel wrote:

Strange. You used to be a ganker, so you'd know better than I do that ganking is not forbidden. There are just consequences for it that are different than the consequences of pvp in lowsec or null,duels or wardecs.

Not sure where the idea that ganking having consequences means the game isn't a fulltime pvp in a sandbox environment (CCP's words) comes from though.

Show me where i ganged someon in high sec :)
Scipio Artelius wrote:

fulltime pvp in a sandbox environment.

Were looking for it but can't find it ;)