These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

WHO tf is CSM and WHY they even exist ?

First post
Author
Professor Alphane
Les Corsaires Diable
#21 - 2012-01-21 12:00:50 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Professor Alphane wrote:

Lol your the guy who's griefing High sec incursion runners aren't you . A CSM as well, way to fairly and impartially represent the playerbase Twisted

See, this is not RL, he represents the EvE playerbase: that lovely bunch of scammers, pirates, liars, thieves, PvPers, group players. All of them prey and feed upon the same sheep: soloers, bears, slowpokes.

Also, this is exactly like in RL politics minus the hypocrisia minus paying people to close their eyes while sheep is eaten.

Exactly my point really CSM has become a political institution not just a bunch of EVE volounters helping CCP

[center]YOU MUST THINK FIRST....[/center] [center]"I sit with the broken angels clutching at straws and nursing our scars.." - Marillion [/center] [center]The wise man watches the rise and fall of fools from afar[/center]

non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#22 - 2012-01-21 12:03:49 UTC
I wont answer who are they. You can find that out yourself.
I'll answer that slightly harder question.

Why do they exist, you ask? Well, ummm...
It starts like this:

When a man and a woman love each other very much and decide they want to have a baby, the man inserts his thing into the woman. He does some stuff, which ends with him ummm releasing some stuff into the woman's body. This stuff will penetrate an egg inside the woman, fertilizing it. The fertilized egg matures into a baby.

I hope this helps you.
Ulair Memmet
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2012-01-21 12:07:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Ulair Memmet
Yay Trollthread Big smile
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#24 - 2012-01-21 12:23:05 UTC
Titan Pwnage wrote:

Scammers as well, Mittani for ex. who represents the players (read goons). It's not hard to be elected when you lead 6k sheep (read goons). I don't recall electing anyone and I don't know anyone who elected any of them

I know that sucks.

Titan Pwnage wrote:

If CCP wants to improve the game, they better set opinion polls for the players, not listen to these

That a nice option

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Klown Walk
Black Rebel Rifter Club
The Devil's Tattoo
#25 - 2012-01-21 12:24:02 UTC
Just like real life :o
Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-01-21 12:28:53 UTC
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:

Titan Pwnage wrote:

If CCP wants to improve the game, they better set opinion polls for the players, not listen to these

That a nice option

they do polls pretty frequently, they are usually advertised in the newsletters.

your loss if you have ignored them so far
Titan Pwnage
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-01-21 13:20:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Titan Pwnage
Darius III wrote:
Some of the CSM directly intervene when CCP does not take action. I now of one guy in particular who simply used a small fleet and existing game mechanics to make a huge difference. Rumor has it he prevente dover 100 Bn isk in one day from being created. Some called him hero....

I for one like the CSM and welcome my new GSF overlords to their positions of extreme power. Thankfully most CSM are modest, hard working people who are really out to make New Eden a better , more fun place to spend time. And also troll and take the drama llama for a spin around the forums....

Who tf elected you anyway? I know I didn't, none of my friends did not elected you or any CSM member. So you're just a bad joke. No, worse than a bad joke cos the CSM icon on your avatar allows you to scam people. As The Mittani did.

So...remove your CSM icon from your avatar so nobody gets fooled by it, remove yourself, remove The Mittani and rest from CSM and gtfo.

P.S. Where tf is the dislike button? I would really like to have it. Only like, like, like...This is not freaking book in the face...
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
#28 - 2012-01-21 13:27:34 UTC
Titan Pwnage wrote:
Darius III wrote:
Some of the CSM directly intervene when CCP does not take action. I now of one guy in particular who simply used a small fleet and existing game mechanics to make a huge difference. Rumor has it he prevente dover 100 Bn isk in one day from being created. Some called him hero....

I for one like the CSM and welcome my new GSF overlords to their positions of extreme power. Thankfully most CSM are modest, hard working people who are really out to make New Eden a better , more fun place to spend time. And also troll and take the drama llama for a spin around the forums....

Who tf elected you anyway? I know I didn't, none of my friends did not elected you or any CSM member. So you're just a bad joke. No, worse than a bad joke cos the CSM icon on your avatar allows you to scam people. As The Mittani did.

So...remove your CSM icon from your avatar so nobody gets fooled by it, remove yourself, remove The Mittani and rest from CSM and gtfo.

P.S. Where tf is the dislike button? I would really like to have it. Only like, like, like...This is not freaking book in the face...

If you and your friends didnt elect these guys THEN WHO DID? I WANT TO KNOW! We all know there is no where enough active accounts to possibly outvote Titan Pwnage and his army of friends so HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Titan Pwnage
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-01-21 13:32:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Titan Pwnage
non judgement wrote:
I wont answer who are they. You can find that out yourself.
I'll answer that slightly harder question.

Why do they exist, you ask? Well, ummm...
It starts like this:

When a man and a woman love each other very much and decide they want to have a baby, the man inserts his thing into the woman. He does some stuff, which ends with him ummm releasing some stuff into the woman's body. This stuff will penetrate an egg inside the woman, fertilizing it. The fertilized egg matures into a baby.

I hope this helps you.

I easily recognize myself as the man in this little story...if the woman is who I think she is then you are my son. OMG, I have a SON !
Now go to your room and do your lessons !

P.S. I might be wrong tho, I don't mean to offence anyone. It's just a possibility, there's nothing wrong in that.
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-01-21 13:40:26 UTC
So does this mean we are left at the political mercy of the the Sov holding masters and their interests?

[sarcastic] I cannot possibly beleive that the CSM would do anything other than promote an equal unbiased view it would be ludicrous to expect anything else[/sarcasm]

tbh, I doubt CCP would let anything adverly upset the vast majority of the playerbase which at last understanding seemed to be high sec. It could end up hurting their buisness model.

Having said that is does beg the question wether the CSM are fully demonstrating an effective unbiased interest in all matters or simply not helping the process with the associated meta politics as a result.

Still, I personally can't wait for voting time, hopefully some candidates will step up I can vote for.
Tore Vest
#31 - 2012-01-21 13:59:48 UTC
Darius III wrote:

ShockedLol

Remove the CSM now Bear

No troll.

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2012-01-21 14:03:34 UTC
check at least one:

[ ] you're sad that your supercarrier was nerfed
[ ] you're angry because the mittani ganked your hulk
[ ] you're angry because the mittani scammed you
[x] you are dumb

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2012-01-21 14:04:03 UTC
Tore Vest wrote:
Darius III wrote:

ShockedLol

Remove the CSM now Bear

look at the ex-bob trash coming here lawl

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Tore Vest
#34 - 2012-01-21 14:08:45 UTC
Andski wrote:
check at least one:

[ ] you're sad that your supercarrier was nerfed
[ ] you're angry because the mittani ganked your hulk
[ ] you're angry because the mittani scammed you
[x] you are dumb

You checked the rigth one... Bear

Im not checking anything.... I hate survays

No troll.

Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2012-01-21 14:38:56 UTC
beep beep
Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#36 - 2012-01-21 14:39:01 UTC
Darius III wrote:

Some CSM beeps (I am not directly referring to you, but strongly hinting) leak CSM business to 3rd parties, and then get shunned by the rest despite there not being enough evidence for CCP to kick you.

How does it feel to be almost (but not entirely) in the same class as Ankhblergh?

Nyan

JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#37 - 2012-01-21 14:51:44 UTC  |  Edited by: JC Anderson
They all lie... It's a stork that delivers babies. But if I had a *beep* for every time *beep beep beep* pine cones *beep beep* chuck *beep* noris *beep* then there certainly wouldn't *beep* even though *beep beep* double decker taco bell taco.

Anyhow, here.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/What_is_the_CSM
Nephilius
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#38 - 2012-01-21 15:18:07 UTC
Skurja Volpar wrote:
This thread is turning into a bag of beep.

I think the CSM is a pretty cool (if also pretty novelty) idea, and much better than ccp trying to listen to popular opinion which would only end in idiocy and a worse game.

It is a rather neat idea, not many games have them. I'm sure at one time they actually did their job too.

Skurja Volpar wrote:
And I much prefer it to be made up of people who might maybe be possibly accused of scamming, misleading, and generally make full use of the things that make eve eve.

I mean if they start listening to the vocal minority we are gonna end up with Hulks that have 200k base ehp and pvp only availible via consensual dual system.

Oh, Chicken Little, how you make me chuckle...you remind me of the sheeple that want their views pushed down everyone's throats so badly that they'd elect a baby killer to see it done. At this point, the CSM is nothing more than a figurehead for nulsec to achieve their own agendas without the game itself in mind. They don't give two sh*ts about you, and they never will. Humans are corrupt little toads when they have power thrust into their hands, and the CSM is no different.

You want to make the CSM matter once more? 9 CSMs, 3 from each section of Eve. Then we might see something get done.

200k base Ehp indeed...*rolls eyes*
"If."
Mnengli Noiliffe
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-01-21 15:19:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Mnengli Noiliffe
the "election" system CCP uses is flawed, it will always elect CSM like this one.

it's not who is supported by the majority of players who wins, but the one who can get the votes of the largest player group.

so basically the delegates from the largest alliances always win.

even though all the alliances only make up about 10% of eve players.

so as the result, CSM represents at most 10% of the user base with the current voting system.

although I think it does not matter as the only reason CCP invented this CSM thing is for some free publicity.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2012-01-21 15:21:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Jaroslav Unwanted
I have an rough understanding what CSM is how they are elected for what goals and what they are doing.. .

And from my flawed understanding i say

Enjoy drinks and pubs and holidays...

cheers Big smile

by drinks i mean beer, vodka, rum, whiskey

everything in one bottle to safe time, you gonna get sick in the end anyway. Big smile
Previous page123Next page