These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Someone check my numbers on this

Author
Kelly Torres
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-02-15 21:37:45 UTC
Ok.

So been trying to figure out how much isk per hour i can make with two macs and a orca.
for the sake of this im calculating max cycle times not including the 5% cycle reduction implant

Also this is for ice mining, glacial mass

Ok so i get calculations wrong a lot, So please help me out if this is way off.

So what i got is.

2 MACS 1 ORCA

Orca With mining foreman burst 2 (x3) Mining laser optimization charge (x3) 44.4 cycle time for both macs (cycle time is 80.6 before reduction -45% = 44.4)

10:36 to full hold (28k m3 hold)

1:02:16 = 12 FULL HOLDS (6 per Mac)

336 ice per hour

Estimated isk per hour at 166,000 per ice unprocessed = 55,776,000

2:04:36 a day for 7 days 1,561,728,000

I usually mine for much longer (About 5hrs) but trying to keep it some what simple.
And yes i am doing this in hopes to plex all three accounts.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
Thank you for your time.
Pax Deltari
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-02-15 22:11:25 UTC
To calculate your true isk per hour it might be wise to add in the hauling or the ice as well since that by itself can take a large amount of time.

Also might want to rethink the play-style or system a bit since it looks like you'd be spending about 14 days a month mining just to continue to play to continue mining.

Also since you're mining with an Orca and semi-actively, wouldn't it be better to use Hulks instead of Mackinaws? The hold is smaller but since you're there moving ore to your orca constantly it should be fine right? Please reply back with what you come up with.
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2017-02-15 22:36:23 UTC
jump in a null sec corp, with rorqual boost, switch to 3 hulks, enjoy.
2Sonas1Cup
#4 - 2017-02-15 22:38:32 UTC  |  Edited by: 2Sonas1Cup
Meanwhile you make 250mil isk an hour in incursions with a single account.

Yeah man, mining is great and its amazing how much isk you make mining ice.
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2017-02-15 22:43:03 UTC
2Sonas1Cup wrote:

it's not what you do, but how you do it!
if someone like to do one thing let him be :)
Kelly Torres
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2017-02-15 22:43:37 UTC
Thank you for your thoughts.
To be honest i gave no thought to using the hulk, Im still a bit of a noob.
Although i started my account about 5 years ago, I have probably played less then 5 months...

Anyway, As to what you were saying.
I didnt factor in the time it would take to transport the ice back to my station as i harvest in my home system, And as the macs can hold upwards of 28k with higher skill they would not be even half full by the time my orca returned..

Now as to what you suggested with the hulk, I got very interesting numbers... WAY to high i think..
Check it out.

So with orca bonuses reduced cycle time is 31.5 seconds.

I have calculated this at max m3 per ship (8) over 1 hour.

2:10 to fill 8m3 x2 hulks = 16 ice.
168 ice every 10:50 x 60 minutes (Plus added 5 minutes for the seconds) 1,680 per hour!!!
THAT CANT BE RIGHT!
278,880,000 isk every hour... at base sell price of 166,000 per ice.

See, Not sure what i did wrong there but there is no way im going to make that much in an hour... I could plex in a day worth of mining.

What do you think about that?
Kelly Torres
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2017-02-15 22:45:49 UTC
2Sonas1Cup wrote:

What! Really... Ill have to look into that..
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-02-15 22:46:05 UTC
learn to use pyfa OP, you won't need to do calculations and it will show you all the numbers you need
(mining yeld etc)
Kelly Torres
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2017-02-15 22:48:38 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
learn to use pyfa OP, you won't need to do calculations and it will show you all the numbers you need
(mining yeld etc)

Thanks, I do use pyfa thats how i get my cycle time numbers but i dont see mining yield numbers.
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2017-02-16 00:02:13 UTC
Kelly Torres wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
(mining yeld etc)

Thanks, I do use pyfa thats how i get my cycle time numbers but i dont see mining yield numbers.

firepower tab, on the right, near "volley" there is an icon, click on it
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#11 - 2017-02-16 00:14:25 UTC
2Sonas1Cup wrote:

Or high-sec missioning...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Pax Deltari
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2017-02-16 15:31:23 UTC
I love the people whose advice for the person asking how to mine better is "Don't mine" Can you guys bugger off?
Kelly Torres
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2017-02-16 15:35:49 UTC
Soel Reit wrote:
Kelly Torres wrote:
Soel Reit wrote:
(mining yeld etc)

firepower tab, on the right, near "volley" there is an icon, click on it

Oh dude thanks... Only been using this for about a week, I didnt know about that :)
My math sucks so that will help a lot..
Pax Deltari
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2017-02-16 15:42:30 UTC
The hulk will definilty mine much faster because it for starters can use 3 ice harvesters instead of 2. Also you are using the "Ice Harvester Upgrade" module right?

You can also use the Ice Harvester Accelerator Rig. Just to further increase your ice harvesting.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#15 - 2017-02-16 15:58:41 UTC
I would also suggest two other purchases. Either 3 skiffs or procurers and a porpoise depending on where you are mining. So that if gankers do show up periodically you can just dock up, swap ships and continue away.

Also dont forget your orca can also use ice mining drones now too.Blink

Ice mining can be quite lucrative but yes there are other activities which net you more isk/hr per account yet the joy for me of mining was always the ability to watch movies, read stuff on the net or just chill out and chat with friends while still getting ahead in the game. So I would highly suggest the Eve Chronicles or other Eve related lore or information to learn about the game as you are 'chillin' in the frigid belts.Big smile

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2017-02-16 16:02:49 UTC
Pax Deltari wrote:
The hulk will definilty mine much faster because it for starters can use 3 ice harvesters instead of 2. Also you are using the "Ice Harvester Upgrade" module right?

You can also use the Ice Harvester Accelerator Rig. Just to further increase your ice harvesting.

negative, all exhumers have 2 high slots now X
Kelly Torres
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2017-02-16 19:58:30 UTC
Pax Deltari wrote:

Ya i am currently using the Ice Harvester Accelerator Rig, With one t2 Ice Harvester Upgrade and 2 T1s, Cant seam to get 3 t2s in right now.

I was using 2 t2s and one t1 but today i got my t2 ice harvester skill done so once i put those in i didnt have enough power or cpu to run them anymore.

Got like a month to kill b4 i can run the hulk, think ill run some missions to bump up my faction standing.

As for 3 mining harvesters i havnt seen that on the hulk but i did see it on the covetor, Cant figure out how the guy did that .
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#18 - 2017-02-16 20:05:20 UTC
I ran the numbers and apparently, for this venture to be profitable, you're gonna need to get yourself a New Order mining permit.

www.MinerBumping.com

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Kelly Torres
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2017-02-16 20:08:54 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
I would also suggest two other purchases. Either 3 skiffs or procurers and a porpoise depending on where you are mining. So that if gankers do show up periodically you can just dock up, swap ships and continue away.

Also dont forget your orca can also use ice mining drones now too.Blink

Ice mining can be quite lucrative but yes there are other activities which net you more isk/hr per account yet the joy for me of mining was always the ability to watch movies, read stuff on the net or just chill out and chat with friends while still getting ahead in the game. So I would highly suggest the Eve Chronicles or other Eve related lore or information to learn about the game as you are 'chillin' in the frigid belts.Big smile

Well im staying out of low-sec for a while as every time i go in i get ganked, My last trip into low-sec was really bad, i lost 80mill from relic sites, Im just thankful i got out in time b4 i got podded, I have 100mill worth of implants.. That would have hurt.

So im doing my work on the border 0.5, Keeps me mostly safe....(Mostly) and its just one jump away if i want to try low-sec again.
At some point i will out grow high-sec and venture to null as everyone does but wont be for a long time :)

Ice harvesting is a stepping stone for me right now, I feel once i have a good system set up were i can plex after only a day or two mining i am free to do other things.
So ya i putting alot of work in right now but this isnt the only thing i plan to do.

There is so much to do in eve id be a fool to stick with only one thing.
Kelly Torres
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2017-02-16 21:11:20 UTC
Galaxy Pig wrote:
I ran the numbers and apparently, for this venture to be profitable, you're gonna need to get yourself a New Order mining permit.

www.MinerBumping.com

With respect to you, Your corp and Alliance i must protest your clam.
According to your alliance web site i fall outside your AO and as such refuse to be subject to your terms.

If you expect people to obey and follow your "CODE" you must as well.
As such you must forfeit any and all clam to dominion over me, My corp (No matter how small) And my operations.
12Next page