These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Connection Lost (Socket Closed) and Killmarks

Author
Evil Wolfie
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2017-02-15 19:10:55 UTC
I've been having the Socket Closed issue for a long while now and it's just....not acceptable anymore. I've lost almost 2 wings of fighters for my carrier due to the Socket Closed. I seem to be unable to figure out why it keeps happening. My ISP is fine and my connection to the net is also fine. It happens at random as I would be ratting and suddenly socket closed. Just logging in and socket closed. I just have no idea and any forum or intel I can find from doing a google search is a year or two out of date.
I have no idea where a crash log would be and if I need to run client logging. Then I will. Probably will have to.
So if anyone knows a general solution to the socket closed issue. I'd be very happy to not have to worry about the socket closing in the middle of a combat site or worse, a pvp fight where I have an aggression timer.

I also have another issue. It has to do with kill marks. While ratting in my Thanatos, I was dropped by a few people from Clown Cars. I managed to knock out one, A Sabre, before having to get safe. But my Thanatos has no kill mark anywhere. It was an official kill and I have the killboard link to prove it. Here is the link. https://zkillboard.com/kill/60013007/

I've turned my graphics as high as I can from the ingame menu and still can't see it. It's supposed to be on the upper right engine nacelle on the starboard side. I hope this issues can be resolved quickly. I am not worried if it can be fixed or not. I'd just like to know it's been tried.

Thank you,
Fly safe
Evil Wolfie
Tonica Stv
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2017-02-16 01:35:21 UTC
same here
socket close issue twice
while i was in -1.0 sec
lucky was just arriving there
Howl Shane Caine
Doomheim
#3 - 2017-02-17 01:20:40 UTC
Yea I was fine yesterday, but today I keep getting booted like crazy.
Andrew Xadi
TerraTroopers
Get Off My Lawn
#4 - 2017-02-17 09:26:52 UTC
i had this happen to me and i was told by gm to have an active channel open since it will help with having constant connection to the server, try having 'help' channel open, it fixed it for me
Xynthiar
#5 - 2017-02-19 04:21:58 UTC
Evil Wolfie wrote:

I also have another issue. It has to do with kill marks. While ratting in my Thanatos, I was dropped by a few people from Clown Cars. I managed to knock out one, A Sabre, before having to get safe. But my Thanatos has no kill mark anywhere. It was an official kill and I have the killboard link to prove it. Here is the link. https://zkillboard.com/kill/60013007/

I'd bet that "Sentry Drone III" NPC got the actual killing blow, hence why you're down a killmark. You're still given the killmail if you're the last person to aggress him before he dies to a NPC.
Steve Holla
McLegion
#6 - 2017-03-18 14:37:31 UTC
Same problem here (about socket close), opened a ticket too.. but it's becoming frustrating!
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#7 - 2017-03-21 23:38:36 UTC
It was good for a while, but I've been dumped twice today. Starting to reconsider renewing again.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Benjamin Hamburg
Chaos.Theory
#8 - 2017-03-21 23:56:43 UTC
I'v ran into this issue. Socket closed are always happening when I have 2 clients opened, after a while of running them. I have no idea about what is the cause of this issue. I don't have connection issues anywhere else.
Titus Deschain
Northern Traders
#9 - 2017-03-30 07:16:35 UTC
Hi. I have the same problem. I used to play just fine, but now I get that error usually 1-2 minutes after logging in.

It is impossible to play.
voetius
Grundrisse
#10 - 2017-03-31 09:16:23 UTC

I had a socket closed error yesterday for the first time in several years. It was so unusual for me that I opened the in game monitor with Ctrl + Alt + Shift + M and had a look at the logs recorded in there.

In my case, there was an uncaught exception and client error that seem to be the potential cause. Logged as bug report EBR-116587

snipped details :

20:26:28 client::general error EXCEPTION #2 logged at 03/30/2017 21:26:28 : Unhandled exception in TaskletExt object at 366ca920, abps=1001, ctxt=' NO CONTEXT ^ bound method EnvironmentManager._ActiveEnvironment of evegraphics.environments.environmentManager.EnvironmentManager object '

Hope that may be of help to someone.