These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Why does CCP not want people in Null Sec?

Author
Xateric
Doomheim
#1 - 2017-02-10 22:42:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Xateric
Hey guys,

I have played this game on and off for a short while and recently came back to the game. Went out to Null Sec (syndicate) and spent 7 days ratting anomalies and belts, not one commander spawn, nothing at all, just low paying bounties.

Went back to my old area in High Sec and had 5 dread guristas in one evening with a total of 68 million ISK in loot...

Should it not be better in Null Sec for loot and higher spawn rate, the whole risk vs reward thing....just my opinion.

"ALL MEN SHALL PAY IN FULL"

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#2 - 2017-02-10 22:44:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
It is most definitely better in null-sec. You don't get Officer spawns in high-sec, for example.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Xateric
Doomheim
#3 - 2017-02-10 22:46:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Xateric
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
It is most definitely better in null-sec. You don't get Officer spawns in high-sec, for example.


Seven days seems like a long time with no spawn though...guess I just have bad luck.

Also, I thought officer spawn is only in a small portion on Null -1.0 to -0.7 or am I wrong?

"ALL MEN SHALL PAY IN FULL"

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#4 - 2017-02-10 22:56:20 UTC
Xateric wrote:
seven days seems like a long time with no spawn though...guess I just have bad luck.

I have no idea what the spawn rate is null-sec. Pray to the RNG Gods?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#5 - 2017-02-10 22:56:34 UTC
While I agree that for the little guy the payouts in Nullsec are a bit lackluster, it's not that bad. If you do not manage to pull 68M out of null in one evening, I don't know what to tell you.

It's worth mentioning in any case, that nullsec != nullsec. There's sov nullsec, and there's NPC nullsec. In sov nullsec you can install and upgrade an IHUB, so you can basically chain run the better anomalies such as Forsaken Hubs, Havens or Sanctums all day long without ever taking a break. That should give you between 60 and 120M per hour in bounties alone, plus the occasional faction spawn or escalation here and there.

In NPC null you don't have that, but you do have agents: Level 4 missions, especially burners pay ridiculously well in nullsec. Take that with a grain of salt, though, I don't know how good or bad the Syndicate LP store is.

If you are hunting for faction- or deadspace loot, and you are ratting in anomalies and belts, I'd say you are doing it wrong. Although anomalies can escalate into a complex on occasion, you'd be better off probing for complexes in the first place. That's where you can pull out loot in the hundreds of millions per site.

So, nullsec isn't terrible for PvE - you just need to learn what to do where.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#6 - 2017-02-10 22:58:45 UTC
Xateric wrote:
seven days seems like a long time with no spawn though...guess I just have bad luck.

I have no idea what the spawn rate is null-sec. Pray to the RNG Gods?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Xateric
Doomheim
#7 - 2017-02-10 23:05:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Xateric
Neuntausend wrote:
While I agree that for the little guy the payouts in Nullsec are a bit lackluster, it's not that bad. If you do not manage to pull 68M out of null in one evening, I don't know what to tell you.

It's worth mentioning in any case, that nullsec != nullsec. There's sov nullsec, and there's NPC nullsec. In sov nullsec you can install and upgrade an IHUB, so you can basically chain run the better anomalies such as Forsaken Hubs, Havens or Sanctums all day long without ever taking a break. That should give you between 60 and 120M per hour in bounties alone, plus the occasional faction spawn or escalation here and there.

In NPC null you don't have that, but you do have agents: Level 4 missions, especially burners pay ridiculously well in nullsec. Take that with a grain of salt, though, I don't know how good or bad the Syndicate LP store is.

If you are hunting for faction- or deadspace loot, and you are ratting in anomalies and belts, I'd say you are doing it wrong. Although anomalies can escalate into a complex on occasion, you'd be better off probing for complexes in the first place. That's where you can pull out loot in the hundreds of millions per site.

So, nullsec isn't terrible for PvE - you just need to learn what to do where.


Makes sense....I guess my issue is probably me....I look for the lazy factor, I High sec I pull into and L4 and watch Netflix :) in Null it seems like much more work but the payout does not seem all that much higher.

One thing though, I did 2 1/2 hour worth of belt ratting in High Sec and had 3 faction spawns but in syndicate I still have not gotten one in seven days, should the spawn rate not be higher rather than lower in null?

"ALL MEN SHALL PAY IN FULL"

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#8 - 2017-02-10 23:10:08 UTC
the spawn for officers is random, and usually 1 a day. so unless you played 7 days 23.5/7 then you most likley missed it.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Xateric
Doomheim
#9 - 2017-02-10 23:18:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Xateric
DaReaper wrote:
the spawn for officers is random, and usually 1 a day. so unless you played 7 days 23.5/7 then you most likley missed it.


:P yea in seven days 4 hours a day I saw no faction spawns in belts and anomalies, so I have no hopes for ever seeing an officer spawn. I am just hoping for a faction spawn in the next month or so in syndicate, but not holding my breath... Big smile

"ALL MEN SHALL PAY IN FULL"

Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2017-02-10 23:29:19 UTC
Xateric wrote:
DaReaper wrote:
the spawn for officers is random, and usually 1 a day. so unless you played 7 days 23.5/7 then you most likley missed it.


:P yea in seven days 4 hours a day I saw no faction spawns in belts and anomalies, so I have no hopes for ever seeing an officer spawn. I am just hoping for a faction spawn in the next month or so in syndicate, but not holding my breath... Big smile

Some people sell those locations (officer spawn, escalation, etc...) in corps. or by some other means, if not in the Sell Orders or Contract (bookmark).

Ship Type : Out of pod (for now)

P3ps1 Max
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2017-02-10 23:39:26 UTC
Because shooting anything and everything that isn't blue is cool.Blink
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#12 - 2017-02-10 23:47:52 UTC
RNG. Some people will never learn what it means.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2017-02-10 23:55:48 UTC
I personally only go to null-sec to do those kind of activity when I can afford it, or if I'm in a null-sec sov corp which is like 1 day out of the rest of years per years.

Anyhow, or anyways, it takes me 2 or 3 ships or more, with a fast system and multi-client to manage to scout and have enough security if I don't need a covert fleet to jump there (which is also not cheaper, in many aspects).

I just got a new Mach with Smart bombs and skills, but I never flown it yet because of the escort costs.

Ship Type : Out of pod (for now)

Neuntausend
Rens Nursing Home
#14 - 2017-02-11 00:05:25 UTC
Xateric wrote:
One thing though, I did 2 1/2 hour worth of belt ratting in High Sec and had 3 faction spawns but in syndicate I still have not gotten one in seven days, should the spawn rate not be higher rather than lower in null?

How fast do you kill the rats in Null, and how fast do you kill the rats in High? I don't think the spawn rate is all that different between the two, at least as far as faction spawns are concerned. They just come in different sizes, and they tend to drop only crap anyway. (with only a few exceptions, greens aren't really worth looking for)

Officer spawns are ridiculously rare, and you'd probably have a hard time killing them solo anyway. People seriously drop caps on those in order to break their tanks comfortably. Those will never spawn in systems -0.7 or higher.
Aaron
Eternal Frontier
#15 - 2017-02-11 00:06:22 UTC
According to Dotlan you have the best chance of an officer spawn doing anomalies AND belt ratting in the lowest security system in syndicate which is S-U8A4 it has a security value of -0.45

I believe the security level of each system dictates how often officer spawns will appear, It works on a system where the more you kill you contribute to the chance of an officer showing up. So generally do your ratting in the lowest sec status possible and pay attention to the minus symbol in the sec status for the system i mentioned above. You can get lower than 0.00 commonly reffered to as the true sec.

You'll probably get a few posts here saying I'm wrong because some people think it is a broken mechanic. They are wrong unless ccp have said it's changed since I last looked.

Also do belt ratting. You get a different type of rat in a belt compared to an anom.

I used to live in a -1.00 system Querious, no word of a lie. I got the most senior npc officer in my belt. I killed it and got 6 billion isk in loot.

Fear no one, live life, be free, accept the truth, do not judge others, defend yourself, fight hard till the end, meditate on problems and be prosperous. Things to exist by. -- RAIN Arthie

Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2017-02-11 00:17:12 UTC

B-7DFU < 4QZ-2M < Querious



Ship Type : Out of pod (for now)

Cade Windstalker
#17 - 2017-02-11 00:28:52 UTC
There's a reason Officer Loot is so rare, officer spawns are *waaaaay* rarer than Faction Rat spawns in High Sec, never mind low and null for that matter. You're saying you got 70m in loot from those High Sec spawns. Just for a start you can make that in an hour or two belt ratting in Null. An Officer drop starts around 1-2B and goes up to 20B or more for something like an Estamel's Invuln.

Your expectations are a little off here...
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#18 - 2017-02-11 19:46:27 UTC
Xateric wrote:
Hey guys,

I have played this game on and off for a short while and recently came back to the game. Went out to Null Sec (syndicate) and spent 7 days ratting anomalies and belts, not one commander spawn, nothing at all, just low paying bounties.

Went back to my old area in High Sec and had 5 dread guristas in one evening with a total of 68 million ISK in loot...

Should it not be better in Null Sec for loot and higher spawn rate, the whole risk vs reward thing....just my opinion.


Sample size.

I've made.far more isk in npc 0.0 that anywhere else.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2017-02-11 21:50:18 UTC
I thought you couldn't get faction spawns in high sec? I've gonna gone through systems with 20 mining belts in .5 and I've only ever seen 2-3 frigates every few belts as i go down the list and once a cruiser when I was just passing through.

I never got belt ratting in high sec. The res like... no money in it at all from what I can tell.
If you have expensive spawns in low/null it makes sense sure. But 21k from 3 frigates as the only spawn in 10 belts is just a waste of time unless there's something im missing
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#20 - 2017-02-11 22:04:44 UTC
Xateric wrote:
Hey guys,

I have played this game on and off for a short while and recently came back to the game. Went out to Null Sec (syndicate) and spent 7 days ratting anomalies and belts, not one commander spawn, nothing at all, just low paying bounties.

Went back to my old area in High Sec and had 5 dread guristas in one evening with a total of 68 million ISK in loot...

Should it not be better in Null Sec for loot and higher spawn rate, the whole risk vs reward thing....just my opinion.

Having lived in Syndicate most of the last 3 years, it's one of the poorer nullsec areas for income.

Truesec of the systems is not great, so generally the best income in the region is from the 8/10 - 10/10 DED combat sigs. If you are solo they are a bit of a PITA to run and are regularly contested because everyone looks for them.

Belt ratting in Syndicate won't net you much more then what you'll get in lowsec.

So if you want to go to null for income, a region other than Syndicate is a good idea. The one good aspect about Syndicate for ratting is that it is no longer the Wild West. There is still PvP to be found, but it's closer to a ghost town now. So you can run through lots of systems fairly easily.
12Next page