These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
5 PagesFirst pagePrevious page345
 

Wanted: Your Refugees, Homeless, and Other Displaced Persons

Author
Two Maidens One Chalice
#81 - 2017-02-11 00:20:02 UTC
Maria Daphiti wrote:


And so is Edeity.



Don't listen to the petty attempts to demonise and discredit. Their little heretical cult of worship of narrow mindedness is so far out of favour they have to stoop to throwing aspersions on their enemies, which honestly are more effective than the few laser crystals they can afford.


For some religion is a private matter, but should it be of interest mine is somewhat on public record, although in this age of hearing hoofbeats and declaring there are two headed fire breathing zebra's, I do tend to be seen as having a faint aura of heresy by these more exciteable minds, without any evidence to sustain it.

I do at times feel I can empathise with some of the followings of Amarr who have had to take their faith underground because of this overly zealous bigotry. To have to hide one's faith in plain sight would be a terrible thing, and I suspect it would change even the most charitable soul into a hardened merciless husk that will stop at nothing to exact vengeance. But one can only conjecture.


This was a broadcast about their last failed attempt to discredit.

edeity Khanid Champion
Jayai Syndicate
#82 - 2017-02-11 01:02:32 UTC
Well, ... contender for the house champion is not the same thing as the Champion of their house. If I remember correctly Damassys Kadesh was the Khanid Champion.
M.A.D. Consortium
#83 - 2017-02-11 03:46:36 UTC
edeity wrote:

Don't listen to the petty attempts to demonise and discredit. Their little heretical cult of worship of narrow mindedness is so far out of favour they have to stoop to throwing aspersions on their enemies, which honestly are more effective than the few laser crystals they can afford.

For some religion is a private matter, but should it be of interest mine is somewhat on public record, although in this age of hearing hoofbeats and declaring there are two headed fire breathing zebra's, I do tend to be seen as having a faint aura of heresy by these more exciteable minds, without any evidence to sustain it.

I do at times feel I can empathise with some of the followings of Amarr who have had to take their faith underground because of this overly zealous bigotry. To have to hide one's faith in plain sight would be a terrible thing, and I suspect it would change even the most charitable soul into a hardened merciless husk that will stop at nothing to exact vengeance. But one can only conjecture.

This was a broadcast about their last failed attempt to discredit.

edeity Khanid Champion


I would hardly call PIE or CVA heretical since they often see themselves as the paragons of the Faithful.

Yet it appears that you branched off to your own path with only the Holy Scriptures as your guide free of the looming gaze of the Theology Council.

Again I ask, and rightly so. Do you think having me at your side (tempting me with Khanid ships) would "save" me from being a Sani Sabik.

Or...

Are you looking for allies within the Empire regardless of creed?


We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Two Maidens One Chalice
#84 - 2017-02-11 04:16:37 UTC
Casserina Leshrac wrote:


Again I ask, and rightly so. Do you think having me at your side (tempting me with Khanid ships) would "save" me from being a Sani Sabik.

Or...

Are you looking for allies within the Empire regardless of creed?




What on earth would you need saving from? It would appear to me you are a person on a religious journey and are quite earnest, a wholly commendable endeavour.

A relevant popular holoreel to this discussion on where self proclaimed "do gooders" do not get to own the definition of faith, just because they say so:

Where can I learn such power?
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#85 - 2017-02-11 04:23:26 UTC
You have it backwards. The people who define true faith get to decide who are the "do gooders".
Two Maidens One Chalice
#86 - 2017-02-11 04:37:43 UTC  |  Edited by: edeity
Karmilla Strife wrote:
The people who define true faith get to decide who are the "do gooders".


I agree with this so much more than you could possibly hope for.

But I suspect you interpret your words to mean the lickspittles of the politically overreaching Theology Council are those that define true faith, rather than the followers in all the scriptures and our most ancient of traditions.
Monyusaiya Industry Trade Group
#87 - 2017-02-11 05:33:02 UTC
My statement was deliberately constructed to be as general as it was. I don't care about your suspicions.
M.A.D. Consortium
#88 - 2017-02-11 06:33:46 UTC
edeity wrote:


What on earth would you need saving from? It would appear to me you are a person on a religious journey and are quite earnest, a wholly commendable endeavour.

A relevant popular holoreel to this discussion on where self proclaimed "do gooders" do not get to own the definition of faith, just because they say so:

Where can I learn such power?


I don't think you fully realize what I am my lord. Though I can respect your boldness.

There are those practice (in part) the Sani Sabik traditions. There are others who have embraced them after seeking them out.

I have known followers of the Order of St. Tetrimon before. Two of which were my teachers.

At one time amongst the most feared of the Sani Sabik and respected of the Nigrum Optimus.

Choose your next words carefully, you may have an ally or at the least a rival ancient and forbidden lore.

I look forward to your next transmission.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

M.A.D. Consortium
#89 - 2017-02-11 16:41:18 UTC
Of course you may contact me privately for the answer. I can keep a secret. Blink

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Two Maidens One Chalice
#90 - 2017-02-12 21:09:52 UTC  |  Edited by: edeity
I am an Amarr loyalist, dedicated to his faith that in so doing found a deeper richness of belief in texts the Theology Council has deemed forbidden. This took me on a path of both spiritual and martial growth, leading to the collection of corpses in Providence and now the warzone for over eight years.

This is no new fadish religion here. This is not some fetishist who found a holoreel and is play acting a part. This is all on record. Inclluding the banishment from Providence for Heresy, no not firing upon a ship, banishment for actual heresy.

The teachers I found taught the importance of hiding in plain sight and that words can only at most be a dim reflection of truth and one must not fret over little things like how others perceive your faith.

It seems there is a generation of emboldened capsuleers nowadays proclaiming from rooftops I AM SAIBIK this or II AM BLOOD RAIDER that. My own experience of one who has known the nuances of a more difficult but truer path in faith is that ones who proclaim such simplicity rarely if at all have any genuine experience in matters of this type of religion.

So in answer to your question, I am an Amarr loyalist in service to the Empress within the 24th Imperial Crusade.

In Nomini Domini Omir.
Pax Amarr.
5 PagesFirst pagePrevious page345
Forum Jump