These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Operation Falconbridge

Author
Mika Firestorm
Your Friendly Neighborhood Logistics
#121 - 2017-02-07 07:08:50 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
For those who are unfamiliar, Ms. Firestorm frequently flies combat recon in support of Ms. Kim, and so is not exactly an unbiased and neutral party. What's more, those who review her posting history will know she tends to pop up to sling a few more words once Ms. Kim has run her course, again often in support of Ms. Kim.

First of all, I am not "Ms. Firestorm", since it is just a callsign, and I have been said it on a number of occasions in Intergalactic Summit NeoCom channel already. Supporting of Ms. Kim doesn't make me 'not neutral' or 'unbiased', especially if I defend the poor girl from slanderers and bullies on GalNet, and in these situations, I try to be as impartial as possible.

I wish I could call Ms. Kim friend, but, unfortunately we haven't been seeing or talking to each other much. I have known her for quite long time, when I first met her, she was fun-loving hyperactive and slightly naive girl who was enjoying life. And now she is almost direct opposite to that, making spending time with her unbearable. I wish we could be friends again, I wish her to be again fun and careless person to spend time together. I don't know even half of what she went through, but she looks broken, extremely stressed and distressed, she is in pain but too proud to even accept help, just showing she doesn't care about herself and can take on everything.

And I really hate people like you, Makoto, who poke her with sticks to have a laugh and entertain yourselves from her cringes and outbursts. I know you are doing that because it is already a common knowledge that you love lying about her in public.

Myself, I rarely take positions in conflicts, and those, who know me, probably know that I am quite intolerant to Sansha monsters, and that my relations with Federation are way far from amicable.

In relation to Ms. Kim, I will stay neutral, I might agree or disagree with what she's doing. But I won't stay neutral in face of bullies like you, Makoto Priano. What you are doing is amoral and insensitive. Yes, I wanted to say all of it for a long time and finally I did it. And if I see you again bringing her person somehow in discussion, I'll call you for it.

State the nature of your medical emergency

Merchant Rova
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#122 - 2017-02-07 07:19:29 UTC
Mika Firestorm wrote:
I wish I could call Ms. Kim friend, but, unfortunately we haven't been seeing or talking to each other much. I have known her for quite long time, when I first met her, she was fun-loving hyperactive and slightly naive girl who was enjoying life. And now she is almost direct opposite to that, making spending time with her unbearable. I wish we could be friends again, I wish her to be again fun and careless person to spend time together. I don't know even half of what she went through, but she looks broken, extremely stressed and distressed, she is in pain but too proud to even accept help, just showing she doesn't care about herself and can take on everything.

Then be a good friend and be there for her. Ask her why she feels so bad instead of blaming us for calling her out when she says dumb stuff, dude.

Have you ever thought that she might do it to herself?
Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#123 - 2017-02-07 07:32:47 UTC
Considering how many time Kim shoots herself in the foot, I'm surprised there's anything left to put into jackboots at all.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Nauplius
Hoi Andrapodistai
#124 - 2017-02-07 12:35:13 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
Have you had any noteworthy breakthroughs in your war with Hoi? If your at liberty to report them that is.

Pedantic note: Hoi Andrapodistai means "The Slavers" in an ancient tongue, and "Hoi" means "the" (in this strange language in which the definite article is inflected for number and gender and case). So abbreviating the name of my corporation as "Hoi" is ill-advised.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#125 - 2017-02-07 13:29:08 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:
Have you had any noteworthy breakthroughs in your war with Hoi? If your at liberty to report them that is.

Pedantic note: Hoi Andrapodistai means "The Slavers" in an ancient tongue, and "Hoi" means "the" (in this strange language in which the definite article is inflected for number and gender and case). So abbreviating the name of my corporation as "Hoi" is ill-advised.

Hmm, admittedly I didn't know that.
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#126 - 2017-02-07 13:38:31 UTC
Mika Firestorm" wrote:

First of all, I am not "Ms. Firestorm", since it is just a callsign, and I have been said it on a number of occasions in Intergalactic Summit NeoCom channel already. Supporting of Ms. Kim doesn't make me 'not neutral' or 'unbiased', especially if I defend the poor girl from slanderers and bullies on GalNet, and in these situations, I try to be as impartial as possible.

Respectfully, I've flown combat roles for a few years, more than half of that time (closer to three fourths honestly) outside of the TLF. Everytime I was in my home area I gunned for the same specific groups, mainly 24IC corps. Just because your neutral doesn't mean you can't support a side. Your actions dictate your neutrality not your words.
Makoto Priano
Kirkinen-Arataka Transhuman Zenith Consulting Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#127 - 2017-02-07 19:06:39 UTC
Riiiight, Ms. Firestorm. Riiiight. I'm the bully.

Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries: exploring the edge of the known, advancing the state of the art. Would you like to know more?

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#128 - 2017-02-07 22:41:21 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:

On the other hand, Andrapodistai isn't much of an abbreviation at all.

I imagine that all manner of informal references abound, though.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#129 - 2017-02-08 07:13:10 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Nauplius wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:

How about 'Hoi-An?

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Luna Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#130 - 2017-02-08 18:08:07 UTC
Nauplius wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:

No, it's not!

Enslavers are noble paladins, who bring the Faith and punish people for breaking laws. Andrapodistai means not slavers. It means "human stealers" or "man thieves" or something like that. When we think about slavers and enslavers we think about good people. But name Adropodistai means not good, but bad people, criminal people, ones who don't punish bad people, but who STEAL people.

I think the better translation for word Adropodistai will be "Kidnapper", but not a "Slaver". Please don't insult slavers this way, Mr. Nauplius!

((

If you are a roleplayer, please join official CCP channels ingame for roleplayers and support roleplaying community:

Intergalactic Summit - IC router

Out of Character - channel for discussion of roleplay, live events and lore

))

Merchant Rova
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#131 - 2017-02-08 18:26:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Merchant Rova
Luna Hanaya wrote:
Enslavers

Luna Hanaya wrote:
noble

Pick one, dude.
Johanes Beaumonte
Khimi Harar
#132 - 2017-02-08 19:58:11 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:

Like Ho's?

Nauplius
Hoi Andrapodistai
#133 - 2017-02-09 00:18:42 UTC
Luna Hanaya wrote:
No, it's not!

Enslavers are noble paladins, who bring the Faith and punish people for breaking laws. Andrapodistai means not slavers. It means "human stealers" or "man thieves" or something like that. When we think about slavers and enslavers we think about good people. But name Adropodistai means not good, but bad people, criminal people, ones who don't punish bad people, but who STEAL people.

I think the better translation for word Adropodistai will be "Kidnapper", but not a "Slaver". Please don't insult slavers this way, Mr. Nauplius!

I am impressed by your knowledge of obscure ancient tongues, pilot. I can't imagine how a Pleasure Hub Exotic Dancer such as yourself might have obtained such learning. Nonetheless, I intend to keep the name of my corporation as-is.

Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#134 - 2017-02-09 01:07:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Casserina Leshrac
I would think interemptor is suitable for this Khanid dog.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Casserina Leshrac
Sanguine Illuminations
#135 - 2017-02-09 01:12:36 UTC
Luna Hanaya wrote:

No, it's not!

Lady Hanaya, your attempts of mastering ancient tongues is is very noble one. If you ever wish to to learn more and from a Sani Sabik no less, I would be honored to assist in that part of your education.

We stand at the Abyss, drawing the Patterns of Fate - Casserina Leshrac, Savant, Sani Sabik.

Pieter Tuulinen
Khimi Harar
#136 - 2017-02-09 03:07:11 UTC
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Nauplius wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:

How about 'Hoi-An?

How about Ann-oy?

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#137 - 2017-02-09 03:15:17 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Elmund Egivand wrote:
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Nauplius wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:

How about 'Hoi-An?

How about Ann-oy?

Sounds better.

Kolodi Ramal
Sanxing Yi
#138 - 2017-02-09 09:56:16 UTC
Calling it "the Hoi".
Yarosara Ruil
#139 - 2017-02-09 10:20:01 UTC
Hoi boy... What a bother.
Luna Hanaya
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#140 - 2017-02-18 05:08:31 UTC
Casserina Leshrac wrote:
Luna Hanaya wrote:

No, it's not!

Lady Hanaya, your attempts of mastering ancient tongues is is very noble one. If you ever wish to to learn more and from a Sani Sabik no less, I would be honored to assist in that part of your education.

Thank you ma'am! Though I really prefer instead of learning from heretics to study scriptures and follow words of Theology Council, while praying for all Sani to meet untimely ends.

((

If you are a roleplayer, please join official CCP channels ingame for roleplayers and support roleplaying community:

Intergalactic Summit - IC router

Out of Character - channel for discussion of roleplay, live events and lore

))