These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Operation Falconbridge

Author
Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2017-02-06 01:40:46 UTC
Makoto Priano wrote:
For those who are unfamiliar, Ms. Firestorm frequently flies combat recon in support of Ms. Kim, and so is not exactly an unbiased and neutral party. What's more, those who review her posting history will know she tends to pop up to sling a few more words once Ms. Kim has run her course, again often in support of Ms. Kim.

I have also seen Luna Hanaya sitting at the gate in a Loki in same system as Kim, and entering system at about the same time as Kim. Make of that what you will.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#102 - 2017-02-06 03:47:36 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
Have you had any noteworthy breakthroughs in your war with Hoi? If your at liberty to report them that is.

I'm sure that I'm not revealing any secrets when I tell you what a devious opponent Napkins actually is. He gets treated like the village idiot, but he has a very finely-honed nose for an ambush and a reasonable record in single-ship engagements. I wouldn't expect a string of kills - this is as much about denying him the use of space at certain times as it is about racking up victories.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.

Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#103 - 2017-02-06 03:51:08 UTC
Thats true, but ya never know..... asset denial is easy with 12 people covering his area, maybe new spots found?
Saya Ishikari
Ishukone-Raata Technological Research Institute
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#104 - 2017-02-06 16:15:18 UTC
Pieter Tuulinen wrote:
Deitra Vess wrote:
Have you had any noteworthy breakthroughs in your war with Hoi? If your at liberty to report them that is.

I'm sure that I'm not revealing any secrets when I tell you what a devious opponent Napkins actually is. He gets treated like the village idiot, but he has a very finely-honed nose for an ambush and a reasonable record in single-ship engagements. I wouldn't expect a string of kills - this is as much about denying him the use of space at certain times as it is about racking up victories.

Rikaato, Pieter. This echoes my own thoughts on the matter.

"At the end of it all, we have only what we've left in our wake to be remembered by." -Kyoko Ishikari, YC 95 - YC 117

Ilan Ardishapur
Purity of the Throne
#105 - 2017-02-06 20:37:19 UTC
For a faithless people you've chosen your enemy wisely. Together my brothers and sisters will aid you Caldari, to ensure the complete and utter destruction of those who follow the twisted blood faith. This butcher will be the first to fall under gods righteous might!
Julianni Avala
Ishukone-Raata Corporate Investment Bank
#106 - 2017-02-06 20:53:11 UTC
Ilan Ardishapur wrote:
For a faithless people you've chosen your enemy wisely. Together my brothers and sisters will aid you Caldari, to ensure the complete and utter destruction of those who follow the twisted blood faith. This butcher will be the first to fall under gods righteous might!

Your actions against Nauplius are of your own choice. You'll find that I-RED in it's entirety would not accept any sort of "aid" from you and your brothers and sisters within the Purity movement. I-RED supports the legitimacy of the current empress. Your group, Mister Ardishapur, will find no allies in us.

Chief Financial Officer, Head Diplomat

I-RED GalNet Site

--

((OOC: Journey to Purpose- Julianni's Character Blog, last updated 11.07))

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#107 - 2017-02-06 20:56:24 UTC
Hmm, so if you guys are fighting that blooder clown, are you also wardeccing the other bleeder clowns in the 24th, and those other 'edgy' girls that were playing around before?
Ayallah
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#108 - 2017-02-06 21:05:27 UTC
Feel free to lead by example Mizhara.

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

Saya Ishikari
#109 - 2017-02-06 21:16:05 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Hmm, so if you guys are fighting that blooder clown, are you also wardeccing the other bleeder clowns in the 24th, and those other 'edgy' girls that were playing around before?

The methods and means we use to go about our task will be, and have been, decided on the basis of the viability of said means in the current situation, and what advantages we can glean from them. The presence of a wardec, or lack thereof, is such a means. Beyond this explanation, I won't be commenting on our intended actions to such a degree.

"At the end of it all, we have only what we've left in our wake to be remembered by." -Kyoko Ishikari, YC 95 - YC 117

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#110 - 2017-02-06 21:26:32 UTC
I am. I'm refraining from wasting time and effort pretending I'm some sort of hero or 'fighting for the downtrodden' by wardeccing a solo clown who's actions are like droplets compared to the sea of suffering and torment perpetuated by far bigger fish. It's been like this since the beginning. The clown is just an easy target that lets them look like they give a crap about these things, easy to kill, harmless structures, no real risk of failure and all the 'look, we're being good guys' you could ever want.

Except you know, no actions taken against actually skilled and organized entities. Or against the Empire's own torment and abuse of people beyond counting. You know, where there's actual risk involved or less likelihood of getting to pretend to be 'the good guys'.

Instead, a six pages long thread about taking on one. single. clown. One that's already got another pile of good guy pretenders on him as it is, because why not? Patting yourself on the back over that when conveniently ignoring all the others out there that should be just as worthy of a wardec or three looks a bit...

... well.
Saya Ishikari
#111 - 2017-02-06 21:48:35 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
I am. I'm refraining from wasting time and effort pretending I'm some sort of hero or 'fighting for the downtrodden' by wardeccing a solo clown who's actions are like droplets compared to the sea of suffering and torment perpetuated by far bigger fish. It's been like this since the beginning. The clown is just an easy target that lets them look like they give a crap about these things, easy to kill, harmless structures, no real risk of failure and all the 'look, we're being good guys' you could ever want.

Except you know, no actions taken against actually skilled and organized entities. Or against the Empire's own torment and abuse of people beyond counting. You know, where there's actual risk involved or less likelihood of getting to pretend to be 'the good guys'.

Instead, a six pages long thread about taking on one. single. clown. One that's already got another pile of good guy pretenders on him as it is, because why not? Patting yourself on the back over that when conveniently ignoring all the others out there that should be just as worthy of a wardec or three looks a bit...

... well.

With all due respect, miss Del'thul, the fact that I'm not willing to reveal what we are, and are not, doing, in exhaustive detail, in a public thread, in order to satisfy your own personal sense of conduct, should come as no surprise to someone as practical as I thought you to be.

You, of all people, should know better. In fact, I know you do. This is nothing but a burst of faux moral outrage in search of a hot headed reply from a fledgling organization.

If you ARE interested in finding out exactly what we're doing, and plan to do, there are diplomatic avenues available. An attempted sermon on the IGS is NOT one of them.

Jev North
Doomheim
#112 - 2017-02-06 21:51:40 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Instead, a six pages long thread about taking on one. single. clown

The page count is kind of inflated by uninvolved randoms shouting commentary from the sidelines.

Even though our love is cruel; even though our stars are crossed.

Julianni Avala
Ishukone-Raata Corporate Investment Bank
#113 - 2017-02-06 21:59:48 UTC
Saya Ishikari wrote:
If you ARE interested in finding out exactly what we're doing, and plan to do, there are diplomatic avenues available.

Indeed. That said, Miss Del'thul, if you do wish to open diplomatic channels, please feel free to contact me and the matter can be discussed.

Chief Financial Officer, Head Diplomat

I-RED GalNet Site

--

((OOC: Journey to Purpose- Julianni's Character Blog, last updated 11.07))

Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#114 - 2017-02-06 22:09:29 UTC
Saya Ishikari wrote:
With all due respect, miss Del'thul, the fact that I'm not willing to reveal what we are, and are not, doing, in exhaustive detail, in a public thread, in order to satisfy your own personal sense of conduct, should come as no surprise to someone as practical as I thought you to be.

You, of all people, should know better. In fact, I know you do. This is nothing but a burst of faux moral outrage in search of a hot headed reply from a fledgling organization.

If you ARE interested in finding out exactly what we're doing, and plan to do, there are diplomatic avenues available. An attempted sermon on the IGS is NOT one of them.

I think you misunderstand. I am not asking for any insight into your operations. I'm pointing out that what you did choose to make public was a statement about wardeccing... a clown. Now, I do apologize if I came across as singling you out unfairly, you just happened to be the latest in a string of these statements that have been going on since the very beginning of his traveling circus.

Everyone dogpiles the clown, a lot of threads pop up with masterful contortions in play for patting oneself on the back for these heroic deeds and ventures, and none of them takes on anything that can actually fight back. It's not like I'm being inconsistent here. I've been saying this pretty much since the beginning.

I mean, there was no small amount of sneering at edeity's bluster about taking on that pack of alphas and PIE, but wardeccing a single clown is supposedly worth the public statements and bruised backs?
Saya Ishikari
#115 - 2017-02-06 22:25:33 UTC
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Saya Ishikari wrote:

I think you misunderstand. I am not asking for any insight into your operations. I'm pointing out that what you did choose to make public was a statement about wardeccing... a clown. Now, I do apologize if I came across as singling you out unfairly, you just happened to be the latest in a string of these statements that have been going on since the very beginning of his traveling circus.

Everyone dogpiles the clown, a lot of threads pop up with masterful contortions in play for patting oneself on the back for these heroic deeds and ventures, and none of them takes on anything that can actually fight back. It's not like I'm being inconsistent here. I've been saying this pretty much since the beginning.

I mean, there was no small amount of sneering at edeity's bluster about taking on that pack of alphas and PIE, but wardeccing a single clown is supposedly worth the public statements and bruised backs?

We did, indeed, make public our first operation. That was simple publicity, which I figure goes without saying. We won't be doing so in the future, save for cases that really are worth public attention. Your opinion of this "clown" is not a universal one, however. Reference Pieter's statement above, which mirrors what we were told from the beginning, by more than one organization and individual who have hounded his steps in the past.

And yes, you very much did come across as singling us out, and very vehemently, at that. It's almost impossible to think otherwise, given the placement and timing. I'll assume it was a misunderstanding, as stated, and move on from there.

To be clear, we're not purporting ourselves to be heroes. We're not the "good guys", and I sure as hell am not interested in pats on the back, miss Del'thul. We've taken losses, and will continue to do so, as that is part of our stock in trade. It's both a first operation, and a time of learning, for many of us. If you find our efforts questionable, or in doubt, that's both expected and acknowledged. We have awhile to go before we're able to take on objectives the likes of which your organization can handle, after all.

I'll offer the following for further consideration; When one lacks in resources, one must compensate. This includes doing so using weapons that aren't as obvious as warships and warheads. Exploitation of circumstance, location, and relative weaknesses is one such weapon.

Rossanjiin Eskeitan
Guri Raiders
#116 - 2017-02-06 22:33:14 UTC
Saya Ishikari wrote:
When one lacks in resources, one must compensate. This includes doing so using weapons that aren't as obvious as warships and warheads. Exploitation of circumstance, location, and relative weaknesses is one such weapon.

Smart AND beautiful. Probably not single though. What a shame.

Best of luck in your war efforts. I bet Nauplius won't stand a chance.
Mizhara Del'thul
Kyn'aldrnari
#117 - 2017-02-06 22:40:00 UTC
Very well said. Very well, I'll withdraw the implications I've made and take your word that this is different from all the others that have dogpiled the clown for cheap publicity points. It is indeed possible I've misjudged your motives in this regard and if that's the case I apologize.

That said, my recommendation for cutting your teeth is finding targets a bit more worthwhile than him. He could be the finest pilot in New Eden and still he's merely one pilot. The conflicts that strengthen and teach the most are the ones where you are at the very least equally matched. Don't fear defeats as a capsuleer. It is the same reason why he can just pop right back up again and keep doing what he does. We can always pick ourselves up from any defeat and grow far stronger from the experience.

A sure 'victory' only breeds complacency and hollow accolades.
Saya Ishikari
#118 - 2017-02-06 22:42:13 UTC
Rikaato, miss Del'thul. I'll be taking your recommendation as that of a veteran, and pursuing it. My apologies in turn, for perpetuating the misunderstanding. Anvatkaa.

Ayallah
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#119 - 2017-02-07 02:20:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayallah
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:

... well.
And here we have the truth of Mizhara's feelings. In this thread and the thread about the operations on-board Nauplius's citadel.

You do not care that these war-declerations keep him docked where he cannot build slave killing factories or hold his disgusting rituals. You do not care that he is interdicted or that even a single person is saved from the butcher. You only care about your own ego and the fact someone else is getting attention in what you consider your lane:

Pretending to be some sort of hero

No risk of failure

Look

Six pages long

You do not care about the people whatsoever. You care completely and entirely about how you appear and how others appear in relation to you.
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Very well said. Very well, I'll withdraw the implications I've made and take your word that this is different from all the others that have dogpiled the clown for cheap publicity points.
To you it is only publicity points.

To other people it is a job. Maybe you should get back to yours.

Still lying about the last slaves you freed Mizharah? For appearances?

Goddess of the IGS

As strength goes.

Pieter Tuulinen
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#120 - 2017-02-07 02:33:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Pieter Tuulinen
Mizhara Del'thul wrote:
Very well said. Very well, I'll withdraw the implications I've made and take your word that this is different from all the others that have dogpiled the clown for cheap publicity points. It is indeed possible I've misjudged your motives in this regard and if that's the case I apologize.

That said, my recommendation for cutting your teeth is finding targets a bit more worthwhile than him. He could be the finest pilot in New Eden and still he's merely one pilot. The conflicts that strengthen and teach the most are the ones where you are at the very least equally matched. Don't fear defeats as a capsuleer. It is the same reason why he can just pop right back up again and keep doing what he does. We can always pick ourselves up from any defeat and grow far stronger from the experience.

A sure 'victory' only breeds complacency and hollow accolades.

Actually, it's very difficult to score a victory in this situation. You want a punishing series of victories, ideally including some industrial damage like a freighter kill or a citadel kill and a semi-public meltdown from the target. You aren't going to get those. Edeity and his blooders would be a much better target for that.

For the first time since I started the conversation, he looks me dead in the eye. In his gaze are steel jackhammers, quiet vengeance, a hundred thousand orbital bombs frozen in still life.