These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Warp Scramble Strength vs Warp Core Stability

Author
Hansum Fella
Department of Defence
Get Off My Lawn
#1 - 2017-02-01 16:15:05 UTC
I was flying a venture +2 warp core stab with a warp core stab module (+3 total) when caught by a Dramiel

[ 2017.02.01 14:57:10 ] (notify) NAUGHTY PILOT: You have foolishly engaged in criminal activity within sight of sentry guns and must suffer the consequences.
[ 2017.02.01 14:57:12 ] (combat) Warp disruption attempt from NAUGHTY PILOT(Dramiel) to you!

At this point I believe that the Dramiel can only have +1 warp scramble vs +3 stab on the ship (This is where I may be wrong and need guidance). As you can see from the log entry below I was already prevented from warping.

[ 2017.02.01 14:57:16 ] (notify) External factors are preventing your warp and/or jump drive from responding to this command.

I then received a scram as well which was a faction +3 scram and therefore I am happy to be stuck.

[ 2017.02.01 14:57:18 ] (combat) Warp scramble attempt from NAUGHTY PILOT(Dramiel) to you!
[ 2017.02.01 14:57:18 ] (notify) External factors are preventing your warp and/or jump drive from responding to this command.

Can anyone shed light as to how the disruption attempt managed to hold me?
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#2 - 2017-02-01 17:31:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
A disruptor is long range and only has one point. A scram is shorter range but has 2 points and it turns off an mwd. the dramiel may have had 2 scrams. Or it may have had a faction scram which can have more than one point.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

LouHodo
Kill'em all. Let Bob sort'em out.
Ushra'Khan
#3 - 2017-02-01 21:58:55 UTC
I take it it was an CONCORD or the like NPC. I think they cheat and have more scramble than any of us will ever be able to overcome.
Hansum Fella
Department of Defence
Get Off My Lawn
#4 - 2017-02-01 22:20:20 UTC
Thank you both for your replies.

Cearain - The first entry in the log is for the Disruptor not the scram which is why I am unsure I could not warp. After the first attempt to warp he did get a scram on as well so no complaints the second time of asking to warp.

LouHodo - Not Concord or NPC. Was a player. Which is why I do not know why I could not warp the first time (log only shows disruptor active at that time).
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#5 - 2017-02-01 22:31:20 UTC
Ok I see what you mean. I have had similar buggy messages from time to time. Sometimes it says I can't lock onto the distant celestial that I am trying to warp to. The game works amazingly well for everything it is doing. But its not perfect.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Torin Corax
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2017-02-04 15:03:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Torin Corax
Hansum Fella wrote:
Thank you both for your replies.

Cearain - The first entry in the log is for the Disruptor not the scram which is why I am unsure I could not warp. After the first attempt to warp he did get a scram on as well so no complaints the second time of asking to warp.

LouHodo - Not Concord or NPC. Was a player. Which is why I do not know why I could not warp the first time (log only shows disruptor active at that time).

Not 100% sure, but from personal experience the log can be a bit odd when it comes to simultaneous entries. Assuming that the initial point was not outside of overheated scram range, it is almost certain that both tackle mods were activated at the same time.

I for one would certainly have both tackle mods activated before the lock even landed, particularly if trying to catch a ship I knew required more than one point. I'd be very surprised if any reasonably experienced PvP'er didn't have all their tackle hot as soon as they locked a venture as it's built-in stabs are common knowledge.
O'nira
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#7 - 2017-02-20 07:25:34 UTC
aye, dual activation seems to be the cause of the funky log.

scram/disruptor duration is 5 seconds so it would fit with the log, the second entry shows no disruptor on the log either so it probably just gets piled into 1 notification