These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

2nd month in. No PVE makes this game not as fun as it should be.

Author
JD Greentree
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2017-02-04 04:57:02 UTC
I'm sure I will get trolled for this post but here it goes. Great game so far but this is a hard game to make isk in or even play on your main. I joined a Corp on my main that promoted PVE but it's been war decked for the last four weeks. Can't leave the base 1/2 the time as there are war targets in the area. I don't understand the pleasure one would get killing some new person in a venture with 440 k in the bank? I stay in high sec but really that is a joke with wardecks on 24/7.

I play games after work to have fun. When I purchase a game I want to play it. Not have to drop Corp to play alone so I can play safely. I have no issue with PVP but leave that to Null sec or low sec for wardecks. It just feels that this game promotes bullies and that high sec Is just a place for dirty cops (concord) to get paid off to look the other way while some person kills you.

I have done missions for the first time in a week but we just got wardecked again. Unless you stay in the starter corp there really is no safe place. High sec should be high sec.
Merias Tylar al-Akhwa
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2017-02-04 05:17:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Merias Tylar al-Akhwa
CONCORD is there to punish, not prevent. Just like real law enforcement in 90% of cases it is reactive, not proactive.

This game's core attribute, the one thing that makes it unique and different than the rest of the pack, is that it is centered around PVP first and foremost. PVP is the lifeblood of this game- Every player, whether they are PVEing or otherwise, is a part of this game's content for other players. Want to PVE under wardec? Go PVE under wardec! But accept the consequences of your actions (IE getting killed alone) for not grouping together with your corp and fighting back against the threat.

Because that's what makes EVE special... the consequences. You make your own fate. You are as successful as you yourself and the people around you make yourselves. Nothing is handed to you here; I for one hope CCP never changes that.

Things are a lot more fun to have when you've put in actual effort to carve them out of nothing yourself.
Sir BloodArgon Aulmais
The Bannermen
The Initiative.
#3 - 2017-02-04 05:19:32 UTC
In all honesty, drop that corp. Any HS corp that cant guide new players and have ways to handle wardecs (staying docked up doesnt count) shouldn't be in operation.

There are larger groups out there, or at the least more experienced. You can be in a corp and still have fun, just make sure its the right corp.

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#4 - 2017-02-04 05:26:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Omar Alharazaad
No trolling.
Sounds like you need a better corp.
Wardecs only serve any kind of purpose at all in high sec space, to be honest.
You don't need them for low, null or wormholes.
You are going to face risk of PvP in any sector of space.
High sec is 'safer space', not safe space.
NPC corps will shield you from the potential for war, but you lose other aspects.
Ultimately if you're wanting to be involved in a player corporation then you're going to want to associate with people who are willing to help teach their newer players how to survive and thrive even while under the specter of war.
It's not impossible, but it can seem daunting when you don't have much experience with the game. Find friendlies who're willing to take the time and effort to help you get situated.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#5 - 2017-02-04 05:35:28 UTC
As others have posted many corps simply recruit in order to war dec with their alts or mains corps in order to harass and think they are badass and leet. You need a better corp.

REAL friends are the biggest selling factor in staying in this game. If you dont find them you wont stay, period. If you do your chances of staying for years is almost 100%.

Good luck finding them mate, its as hard as real life and navigating it is just as hard as it was navigating high school to find your cliche. So I wish you well.Blink

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

JD Greentree
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2017-02-04 06:13:33 UTC
Taking all your points but want to clarify that we don't Wardeck anyone. :)
Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#7 - 2017-02-04 06:42:39 UTC
JD Greentree wrote:

Yes, YOU personally dont, yet many others in this game will and will literally recruit players into corps for the SOLE purpose of war dec fodder and then farm you for content. Remember in Eve YOU are THE content.BlinkTwisted

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Boozbaz
Securitech Industries
#8 - 2017-02-04 07:54:03 UTC
Simple solution is to play with other people without being in the same corp. You can join networks like "Helpmymission" chat channel or otherwise and even get on teamspeak with other players. Run missions together without getting wardecked.
Black Pedro
Mine.
#9 - 2017-02-04 07:57:19 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
JD Greentree wrote:

Yes, YOU personally dont, yet many others in this game will and will literally recruit players into corps for the SOLE purpose of war dec fodder and then farm you for content. Remember in Eve YOU are THE content.BlinkTwisted
This is one of those Eve urban legends. While I am sure it has happened, there is no widescale "farming" of new players by setting up dedicate corps to wardecs on alts. There is really no point to that given the large number of naturally occurring 'terribad' corps run by people with no clue about the game.

OP, wardecs are part of the game and easy enough to deal with by anyone with an understanding of the game. If your corp leadership has told you their war strategy is to just not undock, leave that corp and find one who will teach you and support you during wartime.

Eve is all about conflict, and while PvE may seem like the point of the game when you are starting out, it really is just the carrot the game dangles in front of you to get you to put yourself at risk to other players and for everyone to fight over. The struggle with the other players is the real content of the game and if your leadership is telling you to just hide or turtle up is how to play, run away from them as fast as you can. You don't have to fight your opponents, but you really do have to learn to operate while avoiding them or you will be spending much of your playtime needlessly staring at the inside of a station and not having very much fun.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#10 - 2017-02-04 08:00:45 UTC
If the Corp you joined isn't a group of your friends, then leave that Corp and find a better one.

If it is a Corp of friends, then at least temporarily, give up the idea of having your own Corp and go join one that knows what it is doing.

A wardec is no reason to stop having fun and they can be managed effectively, without having much impact on your play.

So if your CEO can't teach you how to survive a wardec, he/she isn't worth following.
Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#11 - 2017-02-04 08:09:57 UTC
JD Greentree wrote:

They're gonna happen either occasionally or seemingly constantly if you're in a corp of any real size.
Tiny corps get it less often, mostly due to the difficulty of catching targets online.

The best thing you can do is learn how to survive in that environment.
With the watchlists being a thing of the past it's considerably more difficult for warring corps to keep track of targets, particularly if their pool of potentials is several hundred or even a thousand and more.
Docking up and hiding for a week or two or a month isn't really the best approach to it to be honest.
Change up your area of activity for one thing.
Unf*cking your overview helps a great deal as well.
Keep your head on a swivel and your eye on local.
If you start getting the feeling you're being watched the odds are pretty good you are... so move.
The list goes on and on. Talk to some vets you know and see what they have to say on the matter.

I've been living in a state of near constant war for over two years now, and was thrust into that after being a super peaceful mission runner and miner for years and years.
It took some adjusting.
It was scary at first.
You do get used to it.

In the end, the 'duck and cover' approach really only ends up hurting yourself.
Don't let fear kill your fun.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#12 - 2017-02-04 09:50:34 UTC
Storm ToFollow
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2017-02-04 10:09:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Storm ToFollow
JD Greentree wrote:
I'm sure I will get trolled for this post but here it goes. Great game so far but this is a hard game to make isk in or even play on your main. I joined a Corp on my main that promoted PVE but it's been war decked for the last four weeks. Can't leave the base 1/2 the time as there are war targets in the area. I don't understand the pleasure one would get killing some new person in a venture with 440 k in the bank? I stay in high sec but really that is a joke with wardecks on 24/7.

I play games after work to have fun. When I purchase a game I want to play it. Not have to drop Corp to play alone so I can play safely. I have no issue with PVP but leave that to Null sec or low sec for wardecks. It just feels that this game promotes bullies and that high sec Is just a place for dirty cops (concord) to get paid off to look the other way while some person kills you.

I have done missions for the first time in a week but we just got wardecked again. Unless you stay in the starter corp there really is no safe place. High sec should be high sec.

The wardec system is hikariously broken, so your corp should make use of it to work around the insanity.

May I respectfully suggest you ask your corp to create 20+ corporations with near identical names, and when wardecced switch it's members to one further down the list.

Generally wardec corps shy away from spending their entire gametime playing whack a mole with chasing thousands of alt corps. Because that is an unwinnable scenario for them. Particuarly as corps like your corp are currently such an easy target to wardec.

Them getting bored, annoyed and frustrated, is much better than players leaving the game because they are bored, annoyed and frustrated.

Posted as an alt for oh so obvious reasons.
Bank of Illumination
Salvador Sarpat1
#14 - 2017-02-04 10:42:27 UTC
Sorry to hear that man. Well you can always play Star Citizen where this kind of thing doesn't happen.Blink
Nicolai Serkanner
Incredible.
Brave Collective
#15 - 2017-02-04 10:48:13 UTC
JD Greentree wrote:

Join Brave Newbies Inc. and come play with us in NS. Never a boring moment.
Reinhardt Kreiss
TetraVaal Tactical Group
#16 - 2017-02-04 10:53:21 UTC
JD Greentree wrote:

EVE is a pvp sandbox, you can choose to accept it, choose to adapt to it or choose to not play it. Choosing to play a game you don't like the core concept of and then ask for changes makes zero sense, especially given how this is just about the only pvp sandbox out there and the other 99.99999% of MMOs cater more to your needs in this regard.

Accept it or move on. Not trying to be a **** about it, just simple logic.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#17 - 2017-02-04 11:32:00 UTC
JD Greentree wrote:

Well, CCP boasts about how EVE is a difficult game. Now you know why, so maybe you should consider whether you want to play as they want (thus learn to PvP) or just it isn't worth it. EVE Online will not change at all, but you're free to spend your time and money in games that don't take pride in being jerks. Lol
Akane Togenada
Doomheim
#18 - 2017-02-04 11:47:36 UTC
JD Greentree wrote:

Hmm ... from your employment history I can´t find any Player Corporation, how curious. If you had posted with your main it would have been easier to identify what the issues you are facing originate from. Without knowing for sure it does sound like you joined a newbie Corp run by other newbies, this is perhaps one of the quickest ways to get bored into quitting.

On High Sec and CONCORD your statement is pretty much true with the games current High Sec mechanics, there are however many ways for a Player Corp to be quite safe in the area:

* Base of Operation(s) should be located in a quiet system 'of the track'. Most notorious High Sec war deccers have dozens of wars going at the same time and thus tend to stick close to the Trade Hubs to get maximum numbers of kills for the least effort.

*Corp should preferably have a few different locations as back up bases if you main base gets camped, by doing this and using jump clones you can make your war deccers lose interest quite quickly.

* Corp should have some form of buy back program, in other words make it possible for you to get ISK by contracting loot to the Corp which later gets transported by out-of corp haulers to Trade Hubs and then sold. Best part with this is that Corp members don´t have to travel to Trade Hubs during wars which will keep casualties down alot.

*Corp should have a ship replacement program in place so that destroyed ships gets replaced by the Corp and not from the members own wallets, this encourages players to keep playing the game even when the corp is war decced.

These are what I would consider essential parts of a Newbie-friendly corps and if the Corp leadership doesn´t want to do 1, 2, 3 or can´t afford 4 you should switch to another Corp.

2Sonas1Cup
#19 - 2017-02-04 12:07:21 UTC
Then this game isnt for you.

Ever thought about that? You don't have to play eve no one is forcing you.

This is how eve is, if you don't like it then maybe you should play a different game.
There's plenty of other games out there.
Ben Johannson
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2017-02-04 12:32:44 UTC
Sir BloodArgon Aulmais wrote:
In all honesty, drop that corp. Any HS corp that cant guide new players and have ways to handle wardecs (staying docked up doesnt count) shouldn't be in operation.

There are larger groups out there, or at the least more experienced. You can be in a corp and still have fun, just make sure its the right corp.

Listen to this person. There are actually quite easy ways to handle a wardec so members can keep playing; if your current corp doesn't know how it isn't the place for you.
123Next page