These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Thank you CODE!

Author
Galaxy Pig
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#81 - 2017-02-03 18:04:31 UTC
The Bigpuns wrote:
Why oh why oh why are we still discussing this embarrassing group of dimwits?

CODE are a disgrace to the name of PVP, on a par with Marmite and P I R A T who just hang around trade hubs with wardecs to get easy kills.

Yes, I know the names I will get called for a post like this. No I am not advocating making hisec safer. I just do not like to see people give CODE any more attention. Not because I have lost ships to them (I don't mine), but because they are basically forum bullies in GUI format.

You don't like some of the features of EVE? Fine. Play something simpler. But don't make the mistake of thinking the features are bugs, loopholes, or other unintended or undesired aspects of the game. It's Working As Intended.

And I've said it before and I will almost certainly say it again - please don't pay for their idiotic permits.

Yes, everyone can see very explicitly how not-butthurt you are.

Highsec is owned by players now. Systems 0.5-1.0 are New Order Territory. All miners and other residents of Highsec must obey The Code. Mining without a permit is dangerous and harmful to the EVE community. See www.MinerBumping.com

Clockwork Robot
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#82 - 2017-02-03 18:39:16 UTC
The Bigpuns wrote:
Why oh why oh why are we still discussing this embarrassing group of dimwits?

CODE are a disgrace to the name of PVP, on a par with Marmite and P I R A T who just hang around trade hubs with wardecs to get easy kills.

Yes, I know the names I will get called for a post like this. No I am not advocating making hisec safer. I just do not like to see people give CODE any more attention. Not because I have lost ships to them (I don't mine), but because they are basically forum bullies in GUI format.

You don't like some of the features of EVE? Fine. Play something simpler. But don't make the mistake of thinking the features are bugs, loopholes, or other unintended or undesired aspects of the game. It's Working As Intended.

And I've said it before and I will almost certainly say it again - please don't pay for their idiotic permits.

Quite right. Don't pay ISK if you dont want to!
But where is the fun in being quietly furious?

King Bob-Omb caught me once and chucked me off of the mountain. I was displeased to have to re-do some of that progress, and re-climb back to him... But the trivial challenge didnt personally bother me. It was a game. "Try to avoid being grabbed".

You see? It's fun.
2Sonas1Cup
#83 - 2017-02-03 19:14:07 UTC
I wish code ever tried to gank me :(
I'd print and frame the loss mail and hang it on my toilet.
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#84 - 2017-02-03 20:26:33 UTC
This thread delivers Lol

Salty Anti-Gankers
-check

"Just one more nerf" solutions
-check

"CODE. is irrelevant" in a CODE. thread
-check

"Highsec should be safe"
-check

I'm going to stop there before I trigger more people Twisted

And @op, good for you. You adapted and are beating the system where thousands more have miserably failed ^_^

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Akaro Tripar
Doomheim
#85 - 2017-02-03 22:24:41 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:
This thread delivers Lol

Salty Anti-Gankers
-check

-check

-check

"Highsec should be safe"
-check

And @op, good for you. You adapted and are beating the system where thousands more have miserably failed ^_^

"We don't need to change this game"
-check

"My view how to play the game is more important than yours"
-check

"all that want to change it to an anti gank policy are just carebears who don't know how to play "right"
-check

gibbering stupid nonsense about everyone beside CODE beeing a carebear and JUST CODE is great
-check

Stupidity Level reached.....

warping out........
Wolfgang Jannesen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2017-02-03 22:37:52 UTC
Wolfgang Jannesen wrote:
I've never seen CODE. do anything but react to insults like children

It's six pages later and this point stands stronger than ever.
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Cuttlefish Collective
#87 - 2017-02-03 22:52:53 UTC
Akaro Tripar wrote:
Dom Arkaral wrote:
This thread delivers Lol

Salty Anti-Gankers
-check

-check

-check

"Highsec should be safe"
-check

salt

The game is working as intended, op is making money, I'm happy and you're not.
Nothing needs to change as far as I'm concerned, except the way you bot-aspirants play Cool

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2017-02-03 22:53:50 UTC
Akaro Tripar wrote:
"We don't need to change this game"
-check

Who says this? Even the biggest fans of the game seem quite eager to have certain aspects changed.

Quote:
"My view how to play the game is more important than yours"
-check

Only the carebears seem to hold this view.

Quote:
"all that want to change it to an anti gank policy are just carebears who don't know how to play "right"
-check

"...who don't know how to play."

FTFY

I've said it before, I'll say it again: All play styles are valid. If you want to be a "psycho griefer", go ahead. If you want to be a miner, knock yourself out. Same goes for mission runners or explorers or any play style you might think of. However, every profession can be played well and it can be played poorly. Those who play poorly may just find themselves gettin' rekt by CODE. Those who play well smile and wave as CODE are powerless to stop them fly past. Those who are really bad get rekt by CODE then complain about them on the forums.

Quote:
gibbering stupid nonsense about everyone beside CODE beeing a carebear and JUST CODE is great
-check

Who says this?

Quote:
Stupidity Level reached.....

warping out........

Oh, somehow I think you can go deeper.

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2017-02-03 22:55:07 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:

As they say, the Code always wins, always.

Only on this occasion, we have two winners, not just one. It's nice when everyone's a winner.

"Playing an MMO by yourself is like masturbating in the middle of an orgy." -Jonah Gravenstein

Hazel TuckerTS
Doomheim
#90 - 2017-02-03 23:44:34 UTC

Code can lick my kevin schwantz at high noon in jita

kiss kiss bang bang

Clockwork Robot
Caldari State
#91 - 2017-02-04 00:55:48 UTC
akaro tripar wrote:

-check

Not true. I carebear'd up a storm in their channel. Pig and Dom welcomed me like I'd been born in there.
Akaro Tripar
Doomheim
#92 - 2017-02-04 09:43:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Akaro Tripar
All playstyles are NOT possible...

I'm forced intp PVP by some stupid dumpasses that force me into THEIR playstyle.

Just give us the possibility to mark ourselves as "no targets" and yes that means less prey for the dumpasses,but that's a price they have to pay for not letting the real players alone....
There will be enough preys,but at least they will just shoot each other and not people who don't share their view "how a game has to be played"....Who wants it can do it,who not will not...
THAT'S "all playstyles made possible",not the current situation...

As i said,i don't care about THEIR game or their side or their strange hobby,MINE ist 100% important...they do the same so it's me or them...and i choose me....

Ban gankers from high or give everyone who wants it a "no target for you" button and all is good.....
Salvos Rhoska
#93 - 2017-02-04 09:44:46 UTC
Akaro Tripar
Doomheim
#94 - 2017-02-04 09:46:15 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
^ Fake account.

Who?

You? :-)

Shae Tadaruwa
Caldari State
#95 - 2017-02-04 09:54:26 UTC
Wolfgang Jannesen wrote:
Wolfgang Jannesen wrote:
I've never seen CODE. do anything but react to insults like children

It's six pages later and this point stands stronger than ever.

And six pages in, after being asked for evidence of this, none provided. How funny.

If you want to see some evidence though, go to:

http://www.minerbuming.com

you can see plenty of examples of which group act like children.

Dracvlad - "...Your intel is free intel, all you do is pay for it..." && "...If you warp on the same path as a cloaked ship, you'll make a bookmark at exactly the same spot as the cloaky camper..."

Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#96 - 2017-02-04 10:22:25 UTC
Akaro Tripar wrote:
All playstyles are NOT possible...

I'm forced intp PVP by some stupid dumpasses that force me into THEIR playstyle.

You're not forced to shoot people if you don't want to.

Of course, EVE being what it is, if you're doing almost anything you're performing some level of PvP where another player is losing out. If you mine, you deprive another player of those asteroids. If you haul goods from one system to another, another player loses the opportunity to fulfill that contract. etc.

Quote:
Just give us the possibility to mark ourselves as "no targets" and yes that means less prey for the dumpasses,but that's a price they have to pay for not letting the real players alone....

This option already exists. Just right click a station and click "dock".

=====

EVE operates on the principle of risk vs reward. If the possibility of failure can be reduced to zero, there's no way to differentiate the performance of one player from that of another. Under your system, there's literally be no way to make more money than your competitors than to simply grind more than them.

That " grind more to make more" philosophy is a big killer of MMOs and would be particularly devastating to EVE.

Storm ToFollow
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#97 - 2017-02-04 10:27:19 UTC
I often wonder whether code. Members simply pretend to be a "frustrated victim" simply to launch a thread where they can repeat all their bullplop claims.

They ceased to be relevent in any meaningful way quite a while ago, but their reality distortion bubble seems to have quite the power source.Roll

There are one or two highly active gankers, who do most of the heavy lifting, the majority are simply hangers on basking in the reflected "glory" pretending to be in some way important.

So do not be over concerned with Code. They are important and relevant only in their own eyes.

Simply don't be stupid and fly all your worldly goods in a paper bag, be aware that sometimes you will get killed, because asshats.

Above have fun, there is almost nothing more fun that watching players commit suicide by cop, whilst sipping a coffee and giggling in a well tanked ship.

And above all, never never acknowledge their existance, treat contact requests from them, like spam email, there is nothing to learn from them.

Have fun.
Salvos Rhoska
#98 - 2017-02-04 10:34:24 UTC
Akaro Tripar wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
^ Fake account.

Who?

You.

^ means post above, shill.
Akaro Tripar
Doomheim
#99 - 2017-02-04 15:24:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Akaro Tripar
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
Akaro Tripar wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
^ Fake account.

Who?

You.

^ means post above, shill.

I know what you meant and i couldn't care less about your opinion....

As far as i'm concerned i meant every word i said....

These ganking without real consequences and looting with an alt has to stop.

Just let us non pvp folk our freedon IN the game....

And btw...."you have a choice to avoid pvp : do not undock" is not eben near of beeing funny....

Playstyle made possible means EVERY playstyle and not just one or two....not undocking is no solution.....
Hiasa Kite
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#100 - 2017-02-04 15:34:21 UTC
Akaro Tripar wrote:
Playstyle made possible means EVERY playstyle and not just one or two....not undocking is no solution.....

Like I said: Every play style is viable.

If you're getting ganked, you're bad. Learn how to play and ganking simply stops being a problem.