These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
2 PagesPrevious page12

Eve Online: Hardcore Mode

First post
Author
End of Life
#21 - 2017-02-02 00:21:20 UTC
Something CCP Rise has been interested in for about 4 years now.

Here's a relevant piece from his Eve Vegas talk from 2014:

https://youtu.be/ppcJ-Bt_KAY?t=1535
#22 - 2017-02-02 00:45:49 UTC
I don't see the point. If someone would like to elaborate I'm all ears...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

#23 - 2017-02-02 01:30:39 UTC
Perma-death is definitely an interesting concept (and bounties on hardcore chars would actually work like you want them to!). But not on a separate server.

Would be nice if there was some reward for the extra isk. Nothing sp related, but maybe powerful skill hardwiring implants. Things that can only be used whilst in space and doing stuffs

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Gallente Federation
#24 - 2017-02-02 04:49:43 UTC  |  Edited by: BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:
and now 'hardcore mode'.

this was first brought up by ccp rise.... nothing to do with alphas though ops idea for it **** i will agree

Actually it was first brought up in 2003.
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/live-fast-die-young/

The things you learn by perusing old dev blogs...

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Circle-Of-Two
#25 - 2017-02-02 07:08:58 UTC
Thank you for all of your inputs!
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2017-02-02 10:58:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Commander IceQ
After reading the tread I suppose I am not against the idea, but not for it either. Would depend on a lot of things. Here are some.

* Same server
* Can check a box in char creation to activate this.
* ONLY available on Omega state.
* If the mode should be visible or not, I can't decide. Maybe, so CEOs can allow or disallow these chars?
* Implement a way to more practically skill up, because normal training will be terrible for this.
* Name should free up after a few hours/days after podding
* Should be automatically be removed from all contact lists.

TBH I think this is a pointless exercise, and CCP can rather spend their time improving the current game.

my 2c

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.

#27 - 2017-02-02 13:19:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Wolfgang Jannesen
BSchneider wrote:
Wolfgang Jannesen wrote:
This would be a ferociously boring way to play EVE.

Why? Because you would choose to be docked in station due to paranoia?

Because yeah, either stick in highsec or quit the game in a couple days because you lost a pod in lowsec and that's that, no more EVE for you. Where's the fun in that? Like I get it, you want risk, but you lose pods fairly often in PvP.
#28 - 2017-02-02 13:44:04 UTC
You can't have training boosts for hardcore chars. They will sit in station for months training skills and undock later. Any improvements they get would have to only be of any use whilst out and about. I.e. Certain skill hardwiring implants.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2017-02-02 14:57:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Yebo Lakatosh
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Free players are feeling like they deserve a voice (recommend alpha forum rights to be read only if alphas persist)

Beggin' for appologies m'lady if ignoring my lowly posts is a troublesome burden for ya. Sincerely wish ya to never have a greater pain in this life or another than having to live in the same Universe with my inferior, poverty-ridden kind. Me'll do me best to steer clear o' threads where yer wise, premium opinion is expressed.

Elite F1 pilot since YC119, incarnate of honor, integrity and tidi.

Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2017-02-02 19:42:23 UTC
Wolfgang Jannesen wrote:
you lost a pod in lowsec .

Does this actually happen though?
Mercenary Coalition
#31 - 2017-02-02 22:11:59 UTC
Is that you CCP Rise?
#32 - 2017-02-03 07:54:59 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
Wolfgang Jannesen wrote:
you lost a pod in lowsec .

Does this actually happen though?

Often enough. There are still smartbombing Battleships and Proteus (Proteii?) in FW Lowsec on chokepoint gates, especially near downtime. And lots of people take stupid risks they normally wouldn't with five minutes until shutdown - like warping pods gate to gate.
2 PagesPrevious page12