These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Like and Get Likes Thread, Renewed

First post First post
Author
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#11441 - 2017-01-30 14:43:54 UTC
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#11442 - 2017-01-30 14:45:00 UTC
ISD Fractal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#11443 - 2017-01-30 14:47:31 UTC
o/

ISD Fractal

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#11444 - 2017-01-30 14:47:59 UTC
ISD Fractal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#11445 - 2017-01-30 14:53:29 UTC
LordOdysseus wrote:

\o

How are you?

ISD Fractal

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11446 - 2017-01-30 16:05:42 UTC
ISD Fractal wrote:
LordOdysseus wrote:

\o

How are you?

Shocked

ISD in the house, working on getting more LIKES. It wouldn't have anything to do with that ThunderDome event, right ?

Blink

Welcome and here's some LIKES for you.

DMC
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#11447 - 2017-01-30 16:10:45 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:

Thanks, I am sure this book will not be delivered now at least once. Pirate

Self aware plants, what would all those vegans say for such a meal? Cool

Well, I delivered the book and to all the vegans, all I can say is Revenge is best when served cold.

I had been doing missions since 6-2008 and had never come across that mission before and I didn't see any write up about it in Eve Survival. Course by 9-2010 I was well into level 3 and level 4 missions.

I believe I was working on a 2nd revision of the 'Faction Standing Repair Plan' at that time which is how I happened upon that mission. My original 1st Draft of 'The Plan' was submitted to the Forums on 2-2-2010 which I had originally started creating, testing and working in 11-2009. The 3rd and final Draft of 'The Plan'® was submitted to Evelopedia on 9-2011 when the 'New Forums' went active.

When CCP discontinued Evelopedia (Big Mistake) I just used 'The Wayback Machine' and changed the links so that the 'Faction Standing Repair Plan' could still be accessed by everybody. All of the info and links contained in 'The Plan' is still current and up to date, despite CCP saying the Evelopedia was way outdated.

Well, guess that about covers the history of 'The Plan' which is still the quickest and easiest way to not only repair negative Faction standings, but to also boost positive Faction standings as well.

And yeah, I've heard the rumors that CCP is going to do away with standings, course that will mean a complete rework of the entire NPC Agent, Corporation and Faction Infrastructure, not to mention Factional Warfare as well. I highly doubt that will happen anytime Soon™.

DMC
Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#11448 - 2017-01-30 16:15:37 UTC
That mission sounds amazing.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#11449 - 2017-01-30 17:12:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
But standings are giving PvE its factionalism and prohibits extensive farming. Without standing everyone could do every lvl mission everywhere. Minmatar capsuleer would switch his loyalties and empires would not bat an eye on that? Seems so devoid of realism, so game-like, so casual. Feels worse than WoW clone.
LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#11450 - 2017-01-30 17:26:03 UTC
ISD Fractal wrote:
LordOdysseus wrote:

\o

How are you?

Feeling grand,thanks. ^_^

HBU? Will there be a rematch of ISD fight by any chance? Smile
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11451 - 2017-01-30 17:59:20 UTC
Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#11452 - 2017-01-30 19:26:44 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
But standings are giving PvE its factionalism and prohibits extensive farming. Without standing everyone could do every lvl mission everywhere. Minmatar capsuleer would switch his loyalties and empires would not bat an eye on that? Seems so devoid of realism, so game-like, so casual. Feels worse than WoW clone.

Nah, in EVE you only do the gtind once. Besides, standings are mostly defunct right now.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11453 - 2017-01-30 19:55:59 UTC
Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#11454 - 2017-01-30 22:14:18 UTC
Battleship wrecks seems ambitious.
Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#11455 - 2017-01-30 23:19:46 UTC
Taishoku Mayaki wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Taishoku Mayaki wrote:
Just anchored my own Citadels in the Khanid territories, no real reason for it. Just wanted my own house to stick things in.

TESCO SNIPE BEST SNIPE!

Must be your hide home from Panfam.

Not really seen Panfam since the end of November, Lol and thank god. Goons are much more fun to fight against.

Didn't defend your keepstar... So I think you lack the will to even fight.

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Yiole Gionglao
#11456 - 2017-01-30 23:32:02 UTC
Sooo... how do you update the record files of a series of registered cemetery vaults, originally written in the 80s, in order to add those vaults to a GIS (Geographic Information System) map? First, you look for the original (paper) files, with a partial description of the vaults, and a xerocopy of a picture printed from a diapositive of each individual vault. Since the xerocopies are barely usable after 30 years (!), you look for the original diapositives, which should be in some library, yet can't be located since the library funds have been reassembled at least twice since the diapositives were deposited and nobody knows who exactly is keeping the diapositives. But not all is lost; in the 90s, the diapositives were copied into other diapositives, and those copies are stored in your own library because the Art museum refused to keep them in their library! Woaah! So you can grab those copies of the original diapositives, and then try to scan them... but your desktop scanner doesn't haves a diapositive adapter, so you use a diapositive viewer from the late 90s which miraculously still works, and then take a cellphone pic of each diapositive from the viewer's screen so you know how do the vaults look(ed). Then you just go to the local cemetery and try to locate the vaults, unaware that the address system of the cemetery was updated in the early 2000s so the old directions from the files created in the 80s are not valid. Undeterred, you ask the cemetery keepers for a copy of the old address system and an updated map, the former they have it and the later they don't, so you might just use a cellphone picture of the map at the cemetery entrance. Armed with those, you can eventually start locating the vaults, checking that they're still there (nobody stole them) Pirate and take the pictures for your GIS map.

Yes, my friend's job can be funny sometimes. Tomorrow will visit the cemetery again to locate more vaults...Cool

Aaand, nighties lovelies!

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#11457 - 2017-01-30 23:42:31 UTC
ISD Fractal wrote:
o/

You gonna challenge ISD budah for thunderdome champion??? Cause that would be awesome...

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#11458 - 2017-01-30 23:47:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Saeger1737 wrote:
Taishoku Mayaki wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Taishoku Mayaki wrote:
Just anchored my own Citadels in the Khanid territories, no real reason for it. Just wanted my own house to stick things in.

TESCO SNIPE BEST SNIPE!

Not really seen Panfam since the end of November, Lol and thank god. Goons are much more fun to fight against.

You did not follow the war feed obviously. You present self induced misinformation about that lack of will to fight. Things are more complicated than they seem.
Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#11459 - 2017-01-31 00:01:43 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Taishoku Mayaki wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Taishoku Mayaki wrote:

TESCO SNIPE BEST SNIPE!

You did not follow the war feed obviously. You present self induced misinformation about that lack of will to fight. Things are more complicated than they seem.

Co2 scared of Panfam supers.... That's it.

Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#11460 - 2017-01-31 01:59:28 UTC
Hi gice what's going on in this thread.