These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

What are you listening to today?

First post First post
Author
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#5721 - 2017-01-22 18:24:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Watching the news with sound turned off and listening to Philip Glass' Koyaanisqatsi instead...seems weirdly fitting.

It reminds me of one EVE melody but slowed down and with some lyrics. Maybe Amarr would sing something like that?
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#5722 - 2017-01-22 18:35:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5723 - 2017-01-22 18:42:30 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Watching the news with sound turned off and listening to Philip Glass' Koyaanisqatsi instead...seems weirdly fitting.

It reminds me of one EVE melody but slowed down and with some lyrics. Maybe Amarr would sing something like that?


You probably know it from Scrubs, those scenes were pretty awesome...

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5724 - 2017-01-22 18:54:15 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
I had something tribal combined with ambient. I think this fits more Minmatar culture (melody starts at 1:10.).


Hmm..not convinced. I always felt like Minmatar would listen to old, dirty rock music like The Cramps.
Amarr music would sound like this.
Not sure about Gal and Caldari, since I find both races rather boring tbh.
Sansha would probably listen to crazy stuff like Black Midii (yes, this piece has 3,14 million notes, might melt your soundcard...)

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5725 - 2017-01-22 19:42:43 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
I had something tribal combined with ambient. I think this fits more Minmatar culture (melody starts at 1:10.).


Hmm..not convinced. I always felt like Minmatar would listen to old, dirty rock music like The Cramps.
Amarr music would sound like this.
Not sure about Gal and Caldari, since I find both races rather boring tbh.
Sansha would probably listen to crazy stuff like Black Midii (yes, this piece has 3,14 million notes, might melt your soundcard...)


Funny thing... I've always pictured Amarr music sounding close to Dead Can Dance:

Emmeleia

Or

Kiko

Or

Agape

And my favorite (this one I used it to set in the mood before battle):

Saldek

And a 3' remix:

Saldek (extended)

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#5726 - 2017-01-22 19:48:42 UTC
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5727 - 2017-01-22 20:19:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
I had something tribal combined with ambient. I think this fits more Minmatar culture (melody starts at 1:10.).


Hmm..not convinced. I always felt like Minmatar would listen to old, dirty rock music like The Cramps.
Amarr music would sound like this.
Not sure about Gal and Caldari, since I find both races rather boring tbh.
Sansha would probably listen to crazy stuff like Black Midii (yes, this piece has 3,14 million notes, might melt your soundcard...)


Funny thing... I've always pictured Amarr music sounding close to Dead Can Dance:

Emmeleia

Or

Kiko

Or

Agape

And my favorite (this one I used it to set in the mood before battle):

Saldek

And a 3' remix:

Saldek (extended)


While I concur that Dead Can Dance may fit the Amarr theme, the songs you linked were pretty bad examples in my opinion.
Too multi cultural for Amarr. Far too inclusive and open minded.
The older songs of DCD would be so much more fitting, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8mvTWceO8
(wow, even the video makes me want to enslave my neighbors and commit several genocides for the glory of our God Empress...)

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#5728 - 2017-01-22 20:35:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
I think we could have slightly different picture of the races in our heads. For me Minmatar as a tribal culture would have those tribal music, and Amarrians would have something with choir maybe (i am thinking traditional music). But contemporary New Eden music could all be all very differentiated because people have many preferences. Just like here.

I have one song I liked to listen when flying Dramiel and I think it fits just this one ship. I even named this Dramiel Sapari.
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#5729 - 2017-01-22 21:25:56 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:

I have one song I liked to listen when flying Dramiel and I think it fits just this one ship. I even named this Dramiel Sapari.

Cool song.

Some songs are really made for certain spaceships. Blink
Case in point: when I was still doing PVE in my Apocalypse, I found this song so incredibly relevant it blew my mind:
Arch Enemy - My Apocalypse

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#5730 - 2017-01-22 21:53:09 UTC
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#5731 - 2017-01-22 21:58:53 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5732 - 2017-01-22 22:24:34 UTC


Or maybe this.P

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#5733 - 2017-01-22 22:37:22 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5734 - 2017-01-22 22:40:32 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
I had something tribal combined with ambient. I think this fits more Minmatar culture (melody starts at 1:10.).


Hmm..not convinced. I always felt like Minmatar would listen to old, dirty rock music like The Cramps.
Amarr music would sound like this.
Not sure about Gal and Caldari, since I find both races rather boring tbh.
Sansha would probably listen to crazy stuff like Black Midii (yes, this piece has 3,14 million notes, might melt your soundcard...)


Funny thing... I've always pictured Amarr music sounding close to Dead Can Dance:

Emmeleia

Or

Kiko

Or

Agape

And my favorite (this one I used it to set in the mood before battle):

Saldek

And a 3' remix:

Saldek (extended)


While I concur that Dead Can Dance may fit the Amarr theme, the songs you linked were pretty bad examples in my opinion.
Too multi cultural for Amarr. Far too inclusive and open minded.
The older songs of DCD would be so much more fitting, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J8mvTWceO8
(wow, even the video makes me want to enslave my neighbors and commit several genocides for the glory of our God Empress...)


Maybe these themes would fit more to the Khanid, then. I generally picture the Amarran as something from middle east, rather than purely European. Like the Byzantine empire. With Khanid being far to the east, and more Asian (thus Ishtanchuk got a name that's a portmanteau of mongol and persian, whereas Indahmawar's name is purely Malayan -yet I found too late that "Indah mawar" was a formal greeting for the royalty!)

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Hazel TuckerTS
Doomheim
#5735 - 2017-01-22 23:44:17 UTC
Slot. Russian metal

kiss kiss bang bang

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#5736 - 2017-01-23 06:11:09 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#5737 - 2017-01-23 22:37:23 UTC
Oh my how could I have forgotten this one? Shocked

Bryan Ferry - Don't stop the dance (1985)

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

LordOdysseus
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#5738 - 2017-01-24 17:08:05 UTC
Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#5739 - 2017-01-24 22:04:11 UTC
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#5740 - 2017-01-25 01:39:47 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
I had something tribal combined with ambient. I think this fits more Minmatar culture (melody starts at 1:10.).


Hmm..not convinced. I always felt like Minmatar would listen to old, dirty rock music like The Cramps.
Amarr music would sound like this.
Not sure about Gal and Caldari, since I find both races rather boring tbh.
Sansha would probably listen to crazy stuff like Black Midii (yes, this piece has 3,14 million notes, might melt your soundcard...)

The Cramps! I have a t-shirt with that album image. And the shirt itself is that color of yellow! A gift from a friend who snagged it somewhere and took the time to ship it to me even. It's like child size though, too small for even a skinny guy to wear. Cry Can't part with it, maybe I'll frame it or sew part of it onto a jacket or something. Smile