These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Zekir Shardani
xXxgayputin420xXx
#1301 - 2017-01-22 01:11:14 UTC
Clennel wrote:

Nice fit! I think I'll start kitting up another Wolf to give it a try the next time I pull this mission. No offense though, but the first time in I'll probably fit up a warp core stabilizer to see how well the tank holds out against the Cruors neuting. If it works out, I'll warp away and come back fully fitted to kill.

Thanks!

Don't worry man if you copy my exact fit and if you have mediocre cap skills you cant die. You can also do a test. Take a random frig that is not bonused for neuts and fit 2 small T2 neuts on it (use a friend or an alt). Then try to neut out your wolf while running a web and a repper. If you dont get neuted out you are ready to kill the cruor.
Clennel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1302 - 2017-01-22 01:53:01 UTC
It worked perfectly - even with my "security blanket" WCS in place of a gyro. (see my updated earlier post).

Again, many thanks for an excellent fit!
Zekir Shardani
xXxgayputin420xXx
#1303 - 2017-01-22 02:01:03 UTC
Clennel wrote:
It worked perfectly - even with my "security blanket" WCS in place of a gyro. (see my updated earlier post).

Again, many thanks for an excellent fit!

I'm glad to hear it worked Smile . It was you or the cruor, cause you need two stabs to escape his scram Pirate
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#1304 - 2017-01-22 02:18:00 UTC
A t2 damage rig with 2 gyros is pretty similar damage to 3 gyros so that could work.

I made a few small changes to increase the damage and make it cheaper. Since it drops the two t2 cccs I also switched to the coreli rep as it uses less cap, also reps a little less but seems like it should be enough. It should have just enough extra cap to live. Going to test it next time I get the mission.
[Wolf, Cap Battery]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Coreli A-Type Thermal Plating
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core
Coreli A-Type Small Armor Repairer

'Censer' Medium Cap Battery
Stasis Webifier II

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Nova Rocket

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Zekir Shardani
xXxgayputin420xXx
#1305 - 2017-01-22 03:39:00 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
A t2 damage rig with 2 gyros is pretty similar damage to 3 gyros so that could work.

I made a few small changes to increase the damage and make it cheaper. Since it drops the two t2 cccs I also switched to the coreli rep as it uses less cap, also reps a little less but seems like it should be enough. It should have just enough extra cap to live. Going to test it next time I get the mission.
[Wolf, Cap Battery]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Coreli A-Type Thermal Plating
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core

Stasis Webifier II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II

I tried this fit in pyfa before at ALL 5 and the capacitor is a bit too thin for my taste. As I see it on paper it's enough, but cruor can alpha your cap. I would take t2 ccc and a t1 damage rig. Also the rep is barely enough but you can fix that with a sleeper drug.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#1306 - 2017-01-22 04:58:09 UTC
My normal fit has a 400 ehp/s tank, but runs a bit less than half the time so I'm assuming the the 190 sustained tank is enough. and with 1125 base cap I'm assuming that is enough that cap alphas shouldn't be a problem.

if it doesn't work well I'll just stick to my normal fit with the 3 gyros and cap injector, I'd rather use the 4-5 cap boosters and keep the higher damage fit.

and I usually use the tracking drug, 8% tracking for 2m/hr is pretty sweet, helps out pretty much every ship I fly.

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1307 - 2017-01-22 18:16:59 UTC
played also around with zekirs fit. thx for sharing it.
keep in mind that i use a genolution set which boost the cap regen and pimped it also for more damage.

[Wolf, huehue cap build moar dmg]
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Centii A-Type Small Armor Repairer

Stasis Webifier II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Small Anti-Thermal Pump II

no tankissues and the cap never went under 40%. according to eft i have 27.6 peak regen. a version with a nos and a burst aerator was very similar cap wise but harder to fit.

a version without a second capmod gave me 22 peak regen and after 5 min i ran out of cap. it seems that its possible to run it with a burst aerator instead a ccc for 350 dps at all V.

guigui lechat
the no fock given
#1308 - 2017-01-23 01:19:31 UTC
I tried this fit, with faction gyro and energized thermal. I had 90% th/em res, while needing only 86% to tank it.

tank was definitely fine, I reach 41% capa after 4 clips. As you guesed … I could not break his armor, with a khanid (60) stasis.I guess I should use a tracking enhancer then. also I had a anti-thermal armor II that I could swap for something else. I tried orbit, KaR 100 km, aligning to station, full stop.I can easily ( 5 cap boosters) kill it with the faction previous fit, I don't get it.
Zekir Shardani
xXxgayputin420xXx
#1309 - 2017-01-23 02:31:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Zekir Shardani
guigui lechat wrote:
I tried this fit, with faction gyro and energized thermal. I had 90% th/em res, while needing only 86% to tank it.

tank was definitely fine, I reach 41% capa after 4 clips. As you guesed … I could not break his armor, with a khanid (60) stasis.I guess I should use a tracking enhancer then. also I had a anti-thermal armor II that I could swap for something else. I tried orbit, KaR 100 km, aligning to station, full stop.I can easily ( 5 cap boosters) kill it with the faction previous fit, I don't get it.

Post your exact fit here, maybe we can fix it. It's definitely weird, because Clennel managed to kill cruor with only one gyro.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#1310 - 2017-01-23 03:43:07 UTC
A freaking Plus on that fit! I finished at 42% cap and 98% armor. The 8% tracking drug and 60% t2 web allowed for some awesome application and I finished quicker than my standard fit. I usually start heat at ~33% armor on the cruor and by the time it went down I hardly had built up any heat damage. Got it immediately again as the next mission and started heat at ~50% armor and turned heat off (88% damage) and killed it with 2 more volleys.

Also my fit doesn't technically need a navy mapc, you can use a t2 mapc with max fitting skills. they are usually pretty cheap so I didn't think to swap it but someone jacked the prices in jita recently.

and Ploing I love that fit, I just hate the idea of flying a 300m frig. I had a similar setup with a cap booster instead of the battery and t2 damage rig instead of the CCC. Doing 350 dps and 400 with heat makes it go quicker, but could never get over the idea of using a 300m+ fit.

Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1311 - 2017-01-23 10:08:31 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

and Ploing I love that fit, I just hate the idea of flying a 300m frig. I had a similar setup with a cap booster instead of the battery and t2 damage rig instead of the CCC. Doing 350 dps and 400 with heat makes it go quicker, but could never get over the idea of using a 300m+ fit.

yeah you are right, but i liked to try it. Big smile maybe i switch back less costly.

fun fact as i did my last cruor mission yesterday i got a bugged one and it took insane 35 min. missed hits all over the place.
but it was a good stresstest for cap and armor.Cool
guigui lechat
the no fock given
#1312 - 2017-01-23 11:29:45 UTC
I used this :

Quote:
[Wolf, guigui lechat's Wolf]
Corpum A-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
Thukker Micro Auxiliary Power Core

Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II
Rocket Launcher II
200mm AutoCannon II
200mm AutoCannon II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit II
Small Anti-Thermal Pump II

Republic Fleet Fusion S x4760
Caldari Navy Nova Rocket x1850

I tried again end killed it with 50% capa remaining and 22 shells. Don't get what changed ?? Maybe I was too tired.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1313 - 2017-01-23 12:12:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Ploing
guigui lechat wrote:

I tried again end killed it with 50% capa remaining and 22 shells. Don't get what changed ?? Maybe I was too tired.

looks like you had a bugged mission like me yesterday. did you had a lot missed shots?
guigui lechat
the no fock given
#1314 - 2017-01-23 14:16:48 UTC
I didn't notice. I thought it was the build becaue it's a new one, but actually today after DT it was fine. And I had an alt in a griffin to get me out of the burner's grasp
Dredoviking
Grupa Operacyjna ZLY CHUJI
Unicorns from Hell
#1315 - 2017-01-23 19:01:02 UTC
I have a question about dual boxing. I got 2 accounts one can fly almost every dps subcapital, 2nd is focused about logi. Any1 have some advices about fitings and setups how do burner missions with two accounts? I was wondering if there is possible to have "all in" setup for all frigate burner missions, and 2nd one for crusier ones.
Ploing
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#1316 - 2017-01-23 19:51:48 UTC
Dredoviking wrote:
I have a question about dual boxing. I got 2 accounts one can fly almost every dps subcapital, 2nd is focused about logi. Any1 have some advices about fitings and setups how do burner missions with two accounts? I was wondering if there is possible to have "all in" setup for all frigate burner missions, and 2nd one for crusier ones.

i do not dualboxing, but from what guys mentioned in this thread your best bet are 2 dps ships. the burners will simply switch to the logi and toast him. ewar like ecm is only possible at the teamburners. there are no "all in" setups but your best bet are the unified daredevil and the polarized garmur for teamburners. but not all burnermissions will function with only these 2 ships.

for the cruiser missions you need a seperate ship for each mission. for example, in the angel base you simply cant hit the dramiels due speed, small sig and the occasional cheating. its possible with 3 )90 % webs from the vigilant or a smartbombing bc. but these 2 did not funtion well in the other missions.

maybe a dualboxer jumps in and can answer it more accurate
Nadeene
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1317 - 2017-01-30 15:53:22 UTC
With regards to the Sansha Agent in the Succubus. In the guide and in videos I see a Faction web is used although a regular T2 also fits. The same goes for the afterburner. Why is that? Cap use?
Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#1318 - 2017-01-30 16:15:17 UTC
Nadeene wrote:
With regards to the Sansha Agent in the Succubus. In the guide and in videos I see a Faction web is used although a regular T2 also fits. The same goes for the afterburner. Why is that? Cap use?

Range.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Nadeene
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1319 - 2017-01-30 18:27:17 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Nadeene wrote:

Range.

Thanks!
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#1320 - 2017-01-30 20:17:20 UTC
Fed navy web is standard as you can heat it and catch the succubus at max range. Also you really want a 60% web, 55% just isn't enough, I tried using a CN web and if it weren't for my links in system I don't think I would have been able to complete the mission.

Shiny AB is nice to catch it faster, Even with 90% web takes multiple heated AB cycles to catch up. more speed is better.