These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Your Favorite Ship Gets Reamed Triggering A Will Smith Moment:

Author
TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#1 - 2017-01-20 03:35:08 UTC
The ship that just blew your favorite ship into little bitty pieces is one you've never really thought of before but after a bit of research you note that for the last few minutes you've been muttering "I got to get me one of those!" in a low, somewhat distraught voice.

Mine was when I left a Stratios cloaked in a low sec system whilst paying attention to a little something a couple jumps away when the sound of panicked alarms jerked my attention back to the Stratios and I discovered, with growing horror, my immaculate Stratios with shields, armor and structure all glowing a really bright red, from post to post and then blewie, so long good Stratios, I loved you then, but alas, no more.

The ship that did the deed was something called a Legion and it's been a long slog but I'm about to put the finishing touches on mine. Along the way I researched the whole Strategic cruiser class and there will be, in time, more, spread amongst several characters.

I'm not much at PvP but when I'm planning a mission it's usually somewhere in lo or null-sec and while flight/fight usually defaults to flight maybe, just maybe, having a Strategic Cruiser to cover my butt will advance my chances of survival.

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#2 - 2017-01-20 03:56:03 UTC
If you trained into a Legion because it killed your Stratios, what's gonna happen if a Stratios now kills your Legion?
Taz Carnarth
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2017-01-20 04:13:34 UTC
I am fairly new to the game and am wondering how a cloaked ship got uncloaked? Had you not made a safety somewhere?
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#4 - 2017-01-20 04:36:28 UTC
Yes...how is it you got uncloaked sitting there? Please tell.

btw - try to remember to eject from the T3 before it gets blown up so you don't lose a level of a T3 skill.

Mephiztopheleze
Laphroaig Inc.
#5 - 2017-01-20 05:19:17 UTC
Vortexo VonBrenner wrote:

I'm guessing one of two options, 1: they warped to something obvious (like a POCO) at 100km the Legion happened to also warp to the same POCO from the same start point also at 100 and de-cloaked or 2: he actually didn't cloak and just thought he did.

Occasional Resident Newbie Correspondent for TMC: http://themittani.com/search/site/mephiztopheleze

This is my Forum Main. My Combat Alt is sambo Inkura

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#6 - 2017-01-20 16:00:26 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
If you trained into a Legion because it killed your Stratios, what's gonna happen if a Stratios now kills your Legion?

He will go insane due to the time paradox issue that it will be HIS legion that goes back in time to kill his stratios and then it will be his stratios in the future that will kill his legion!!

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Kazual Jayde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2017-01-20 19:05:47 UTC
I was killed by a Deimos, and I didn't know what a Deimos was, so I looked up "Deimos" and thought, man, I really want a Deimos.
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#8 - 2017-01-20 23:11:21 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

That's when we learn the meaning behind the words "full circle."

Kind of like life: ain't life great?

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Hal Morsh
Doomheim
#9 - 2017-01-21 18:07:15 UTC
Kazual Jayde wrote:
I was killed by a Deimos, and I didn't know what a Deimos was, so I looked up "Deimos" and thought, man, I really want a Deimos.

Then you got killed helplessly by a curse I assume? Fly anything gallente and curses will be all over you, those ships are like curse magnets.

Oh, I perfectly understand, Hal Morsh — a mission like this requires courage, skill, and heroism… qualities you are clearly lacking. Have you forgotten you're one of the bloody immortals!?

Selene Dukat
Hideaway Hunters
The Hideaway.
#10 - 2017-01-22 17:23:34 UTC
Welcome to erf?
Kazual Jayde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2017-01-22 18:29:02 UTC
Hal Morsh wrote:
Kazual Jayde wrote:

Then you got killed helplessly by a curse I assume? Fly anything gallente and curses will be all over you, those ships are like curse magnets.

Honestly, haven't even flown one yet. Lol

I do own one, though.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2017-01-22 21:34:46 UTC
Mephiztopheleze wrote:

I'm guessing one of two options, 1: they warped to something obvious (like a POCO) at 100km the Legion happened to also warp to the same POCO from the same start point also at 100 and de-cloaked or 2: he actually didn't cloak and just thought he did.

Pretty much this. Just bad luck.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Buoytender Bob
Ronin Exploration Mission and Mining
#13 - 2017-01-23 00:49:02 UTC
Also possible that he cloaked at an exploration site after hacking/analyzing sitting still and a cloaked Legion was watching,mosied on over to see if he was still there, and decloaked him. Watched that happen to a few distracted pilots while I was cloaked and suspecting some unseen company myself.

To buck the popular trend, I began to Rage Start instead of Rage Quit.

...and every time I get another piece of Carbon, I know exactly what CCP is getting this Christmas.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM DEFENSIVE INITIATIVE
#14 - 2017-01-23 07:37:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Teckos Pech wrote:
Mephiztopheleze wrote:

Pretty much this. Just bad luck.

There is also this option that he completed site and cloaked and went somewhere. When you do that, when site despawns and you are still in it cloaked, it decloaks you!!!!! Free loot! Ready for pick up! Just scan!! Lol
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2017-01-23 09:06:25 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:

We will be able to observe the EVE phenomenon called Schrodinger's Catalyst.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

TackyTachy1
Doomheim
#16 - 2017-01-24 02:53:34 UTC
Couple things: How it got uncloaked? Be honest, I can't remember exactly where I left the doomed Stratios as I had another situation elsewhere I needed to deal with (multiboxer). My thinking is either the Legion was watching and just made a good guess or just got lucky and passed close enough to break the cloak. I was attempting something sneaky, nasty and downright evil, things got complicated then went to hell, bad day all around, the Stratios wasn't my only loss that day.

And as far as a Stratios killing a Legion; it depends on fit. Both ships sporting brawler fits, assuming both pilots at about the same skill level, equivalent M Levels, all that, I don't see the Stratios killing the Legion. At least I hope not, that's why I spent the money and time on the Legion instead of simply replacing the Stratios. And that's not even taking into account implants, which I'm still attempting to demystify to the point where I'll know exactly what to buy.

Thing is that tactically speaking this Legion will never go 1v1, sneaky, nasty and evil plans within sneaky, nasty and evil plans will limit any solo ops with this Legion. But then my sneaky, nasty and evil plans tend to get shot all to hell on a regular basis so we'll just have to see what happens.

Forum Rep for a bunch of characters, couple corps and one seriously Lost In Space multiboxer.