These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Having Trouble with a Mission That Doesn't Work

Author
Derman Forten
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2017-01-18 02:59:58 UTC
Okay, new player here. So I'm doing this mining mission to get some Veldspar. I got the required amount and brought it back to my school. But there's another objective I just can't seem to complete no matter what I do. I tried warping to different locations, did the mission twice, but with no luck. The mission's not even hard! I don't want to quit my first mission, nor be stuck with it forever. I'm still using the starter corvette as if that should help at all. Oh yeah, and I didn't get Concentrated Veldspar. I'm not that stupid.

Bring Item Objective:
Acquire these goods:
√ Drop-off Location: Embod Pator Tech School
√ Item: 1000 x Veldspar

And then this:
[Mine the Veldspar ore in the asteroid field your agent sent you to and return with 1000 units. Transfer the Veldspar from your Ore Hold to your Item Hanger to complete the mission
o Location 1.0 Embod

Problem is, what the heck do you mean by Embod? That's the system; a bit too broad. Second, if I undock, the first two objectives un-check. I have 2,400 Veldspar in my Item Hold. My Agent never told me which asteroid field much less which asteroid to go to. I can't complete the mission without completing the third objective.

This is very weird. Can anyone help?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#2 - 2017-01-18 04:00:32 UTC
go to Embod and right click (either in space, or in the mission description) and warp to mission location. You need to mine that veldspar.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#3 - 2017-01-18 11:44:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Anize Oramara
Yup, you need to specifically mine the asteroids in the mission pocket supplied by the agent. You can right click the underlined system name in the mission description to set it as destination.

Interestingly you don't have to mine *all* 1k veldspar in Embod, you just need to run a single cycle of the mining laser.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#4 - 2017-01-18 17:52:19 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Yup, you need to specifically mine the asteroids in the mission pocket supplied by the agent. You can right click the underlined system name in the mission description to set it as destination.

Interestingly you don't have to mine *all* 1k veldspar in Embod, you just need to run a single cycle of the mining laser.

Yeah, but don't depend on that always working. There are several other missions like this, where you either have to mine everything down, or have to wait for NPCs to appear, regardless of the amount you need.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#5 - 2017-01-18 23:14:13 UTC
if you minimize the agent conversation it will pop open when you complete the in space part. Very useful when you aren't exactly sure what you need to do to complete the mission. Although these days I usually just rely on the mission check mark completing in the Info Panel. That said missions with cargo requirements might have an extra step like make sure you pick up the loot

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter